Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Tree especially proud of in Chapter 9?
(a) That he is helping to take care of Granpa and Granma.
(b) That he owns fifty percent of the stake in the whiskey business.
(c) That he can contribute to making his own living.
(d) That he knows how to calculate the money from the whiskey.
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
(b) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
3. How does Mr. Wine assure Little Tree that he is getting a good education?
(a) He says children of Little Tree's age have never heard of Shakespeare.
(b) He says most children of Little Tree's age have learned nothing about farming and hunting.
(c) He says most children of Little Tree's age do not learn five words per week.
(d) He says most children of Little Tree's age know nothing about Macbeth and Napoleon.
4. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
(a) A half-Cherokee who burns wood for the coal oil lamp.
(b) The policeman who investigates the claim made by the visitor about an alleged criminal.
(c) The partner who works with the visitor to write the entry for the competition.
(d) The friend who gives the visitor a ride to the cabin.
5. What is the unique mark on Granpa's whiskey jar?
(a) A mark shaped like the whiskey still.
(b) A mark shaped like a tomahawk.
(c) A mark shaped like the fox.
(d) A mark to remind him of his Scottish ancestry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
2. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
3. What does Little Tree find interesting that makes him watch the umbrella spider for hours?
4. Why does the author show that important lessons for Little Tree come from Granma and not Granpa?
5. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)