|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
(a) He sees smoke signals across the mountain.
(b) He hears the Indians whispering in the mountains.
(c) After leaving certain items in the forest, he comes back to find a long Indian knife, a tomahawk and only some of what he left.
(d) He sees the remains of fires and cooked meat.
2. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
(a) How animals survive in the wild.
(b) A young boy learns to survive in the mountains.
(c) A young boy learns to appreciate nature.
(d) Granpa shares his knowledge about hunting.
3. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
(a) Granma explains that the seasons are times when humans should learn from nature how to improve.
(b) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are periods in nature just as birth, adulthood, ageing and death are phases in human life.
(c) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are like childhood, adolescence and maturity in humans.
(d) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are the periods of spiritual growth in a person's life.
4. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) If they want a ride home.
(b) The way to Chattanooga.
(c) The way to the cabin.
(d) The way to the church.
5. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
(a) They live off fishing, wild game and sweet root and stay as silent as they can to avoid detection.
(b) They journey to the neighboring village and set up a camp.
(c) They hide on the other side of the mountain and survive by hunting deer.
(d) They live in caves and survive by fishing in the nearby creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
2. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
3. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
4. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
5. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)