|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education about responsibility.
(b) An education about becoming a hunter.
(c) A varied and practical education.
(d) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
2. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(a) Family relationships.
(c) Loss and and a new beginning.
(d) Growing up.
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) The way to the church.
(b) The way to Chattanooga.
(c) If they want a ride home.
(d) The way to the cabin.
4. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They go to church.
(b) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
(c) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
(d) They make rugs from the deer hide.
5. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(b) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(c) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(d) A tax on whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
3. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
4. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
5. How does Chapter 2 end?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)