Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Shadows on a Cabin Wall".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
(a) With a poem about the sunrise on the mountain.
(b) With a poem about Mon-o-lah and The Way.
(c) With a poem about love of nature.
(d) With a poem about the animals.
2. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) A place where dogs are fed.
(b) An open hallway to let hounds through.
(c) An exercise room.
(d) A place for dogs to sleep.
3. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
(b) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
(c) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
(d) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
4. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
(b) To teach him how to hunt.
(c) To show him the bees at work.
(d) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
5. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
(b) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(c) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
(d) For taking more than he needs from nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
3. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
4. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
5. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)