|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(b) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(c) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(d) A tax on whiskey.
2. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(b) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(c) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(d) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
3. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
(b) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
(c) To avoid the smell.
(d) Because it is getting heavy.
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He does not understand insults.
(b) He is afraid of people who insult others.
(c) He has a very bad temper.
(d) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
5. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) A Visit to the Settlement.
(b) Differences in Culture.
(c) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(d) The Big Black Car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
3. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
4. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
5. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)