|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To show him the bees at work.
(b) To teach him how to hunt.
(c) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
(d) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
2. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
(b) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
(c) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
(d) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
3. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
(a) Because without understanding his past, he will not understand his future.
(b) Because it will help him understand the Cherokee ways.
(c) So he will know about his relatives.
(d) Because he will have to teach his own children about the past.
4. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(a) The Lost People.
(b) Survival of the Strong.
(d) Understanding the Past.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
(a) By protecting Ti-bi from the hawk.
(b) By selecting the three smallest turkeys from the turkey trap to take home.
(c) By releasing the turkeys from the trap.
(d) By rescuing the quail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
2. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
3. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
4. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
5. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)