|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Chasing ground rats.
(b) Climbing trees.
(c) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(d) Swooping down to kill a quail.
2. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
(a) Granpa's love for swimming and diving.
(b) Granpa's speed and agility.
(c) Grandpa's great ability to catch foxes and control the hounds.
(d) His immense respect for nature and animals and his sense of humor.
3. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
(b) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
(c) He has lost his home and family.
(d) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
4. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
(b) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
(c) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(d) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
5. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) Because it is getting heavy.
(b) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
(c) To avoid the smell.
(d) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
2. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
3. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
4. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)