|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(b) A tax on whiskey.
(c) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(d) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
2. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
(b) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
(c) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
(d) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
3. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(a) The Lost People.
(c) Survival of the Strong.
(d) Understanding the Past.
4. What lesson does the author teach the reader in Chapter 6, based on how the Indians responded to the oppression by the soldiers?
(a) The oppressed will always turn against each other in order to escape death.
(b) The oppressed should surrender in order to save lives.
(c) The oppressed should fight back even if it causes more deaths.
(d) Oppressed people can remain strong and proud.
5. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
(a) He eventually marries one of the young daughters.
(b) He advises them on how to remain safe from the soldiers.
(c) He moves them closer to where he lives.
(d) He moves into their camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
2. How do Granma and Granpa portray the 'Trail of Tears' for Little Tree?
3. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
4. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
5. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)