|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
(a) Uncle, Pa and Bonnie Bee.
(b) An uncle who gets in trouble with women, granpa's pa and Coon Jack.
(c) Uncle Coon, Papa Jack and Pa.
(d) Jack, Papa and Uncle.
2. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(b) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(c) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(d) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
3. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Climbing trees.
(b) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(c) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(d) Chasing ground rats.
4. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
(c) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(d) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
5. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
(a) Because without understanding his past, he will not understand his future.
(b) Because he will have to teach his own children about the past.
(c) So he will know about his relatives.
(d) Because it will help him understand the Cherokee ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
2. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
3. How does Chapter 2 end?
4. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
5. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)