|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(b) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(c) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(d) A tax on whiskey.
2. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
(a) Little Tree feels the earth mother through his special shoes.
(b) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a stream of water.
(c) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a cave.
(d) Little Tree hears the earth mother whispering in the wind.
3. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
(b) Because it is getting heavy.
(c) To avoid the smell.
(d) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
4. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
(a) He fights for the Indians against the soldiers.
(b) He fights for the government against foreigners.
(c) He fights for the Scottish army against the Americans.
(d) He fights for the Confederates against the government.
5. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
(a) To keep away the other Cherokee.
(b) To keep away people from the settlement.
(c) To guard the crops and cabin and to have fun fox-hunting.
(d) To protect Granma when she is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
2. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
3. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
4. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
5. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)