|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
(b) The space between two streams in the mountain.
(c) The gap between the two mountains.
(d) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
2. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
(a) Uncle Coon, Papa Jack and Pa.
(b) An uncle who gets in trouble with women, granpa's pa and Coon Jack.
(c) Jack, Papa and Uncle.
(d) Uncle, Pa and Bonnie Bee.
3. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
(b) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
(c) That Granpa has common sense.
(d) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
4. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(a) Survival of the Strong.
(c) The Lost People.
(d) Understanding the Past.
5. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Little Tree's Education.
(b) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(c) Granpa Learns to Read.
(d) Family Circles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
2. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
4. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
5. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)