|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Differences in Culture.
(b) A Visit to the Settlement.
(c) The Big Black Car.
(d) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
2. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
(b) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(c) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(d) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(a) Satisfaction about being grown up.
(c) Sympathy for the small animals.
4. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(a) The Lost People.
(b) Understanding the Past.
(c) Survival of the Strong.
5. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(b) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(c) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(d) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
2. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
4. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
5. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)