|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on whiskey.
(b) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(c) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(d) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
2. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The gap between the two mountains.
(b) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
(c) The space between two streams in the mountain.
(d) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
3. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
(a) Granpa enjoys hunting because it keeps him active.
(b) Granpa enjoys hunting because it makes Little Tree laugh.
(c) Granpa enjoys hunting because of the lessons he learns from it.
(d) Granpa enjoys the fun of watching the hounds chase the fox and then seeing the fox outwit the hounds.
4. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(c) The librarian.
5. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) A warm coat.
(b) A bag to take his food.
(c) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(d) Boot moccasins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
2. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
3. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
4. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
5. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)