|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
(a) By not allowing the hounds to kill the fox.
(b) By telling Little Tree it is wrong to kill.
(c) By never killing the fox, which he does not need.
(d) By not allowing the fox to kill the hounds.
2. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
(b) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(d) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
3. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(b) A bag to take his food.
(c) A warm coat.
(d) Boot moccasins.
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He has a very bad temper.
(b) He does not understand insults.
(c) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
(d) He is afraid of people who insult others.
5. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
(a) He sees the remains of fires and cooked meat.
(b) After leaving certain items in the forest, he comes back to find a long Indian knife, a tomahawk and only some of what he left.
(c) He hears the Indians whispering in the mountains.
(d) He sees smoke signals across the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
2. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
3. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
4. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)