|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Runner, the fox.
(b) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
(c) Ol' Slick, the fox.
(d) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
2. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa has common sense.
(b) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
(c) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
(d) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
3. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education about becoming a hunter.
(b) An education about responsibility.
(c) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(d) A varied and practical education.
4. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
(b) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
(c) He has lost his home and family.
(d) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
5. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(b) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
(c) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
(d) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
2. How does Chapter 2 end?
3. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
5. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)