|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pa say farewell to Granpa when he is dying?
(a) He reminds Granpa about kin and the fact that the mountains will not change and Pa tells him how much he cares for him.
(b) He tells Granpa to remember his heritage and pass it on to other Cherokee.
(c) He tells Granpa it is time to surrender and end the fighting.
(d) He tells Granpa to continue to fight for the Nation.
2. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
(a) The Fox outwits the Hounds.
(b) Mountain Hunting.
(c) Granpa's Way of Hunting.
(d) Little Tree Takes A Fox.
3. In Chapter 4, why does Little Tree feel grown-up?
(a) Granpa lets him go up the trail by himself.
(b) Granma gives him a deer shirt like Granpa's to wear.
(c) He is allowed to prepare the food.
(d) Granma teaches him to make his own shirt.
4. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
(a) Because without understanding his past, he will not understand his future.
(b) So he will know about his relatives.
(c) Because it will help him understand the Cherokee ways.
(d) Because he will have to teach his own children about the past.
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
(b) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
(d) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
2. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
3. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
4. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
5. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)