|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(b) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(c) A tax on whiskey.
(d) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
2. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Bible stories.
(b) Books with poems and songs about children.
(c) Shakespeare's plays.
(d) Books about the Cherokees.
3. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
(b) Narrow Trail.
(c) Thinning Trail.
(d) The Narrows.
4. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
(a) His immense respect for nature and animals and his sense of humor.
(b) Granpa's speed and agility.
(c) Grandpa's great ability to catch foxes and control the hounds.
(d) Granpa's love for swimming and diving.
5. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
(b) To show him the bees at work.
(c) To teach him how to hunt.
(d) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
2. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
3. How does Pa say farewell to Granpa when he is dying?
4. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
5. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)