|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
(b) They go to church.
(c) They make rugs from the deer hide.
(d) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
2. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(b) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
(c) The bad effects of fighting.
(d) That he has many relatives.
3. How does the incident with the fox and hounds affect the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) It has no effect on the relationship.
(b) It damages the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree.
(c) It causes Little Tree to fear Granpa.
(d) It continues to deepen the growing bond between Granpa and Little Tree.
4. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
(a) Mountain Hunting.
(b) The Fox outwits the Hounds.
(c) Little Tree Takes A Fox.
(d) Granpa's Way of Hunting.
5. When the soldiers drive the Cherokee from their land, how do the Cherokee show their pride?
(a) They fight back and repel the soldiers.
(b) They look straight ahead as they march and refuse rides in the soldiers' wagons.
(c) They plant their nation's flag where every Cherokee is buried.
(d) They sing brave songs on the journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
2. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
3. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
4. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
5. What is the Hangin' Gap?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)