|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(b) The librarian.
2. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(b) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(c) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(d) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
3. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(b) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(c) A tax on whiskey.
(d) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
4. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
(a) A young boy learns to survive in the mountains.
(b) How animals survive in the wild.
(c) A young boy learns to appreciate nature.
(d) Granpa shares his knowledge about hunting.
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington hates children.
(b) Washington hates Cherokees.
(c) Washington got a blow in the head.
(d) Washington is a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
2. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
3. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
4. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
5. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)