|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
(a) That Granma is a good worker.
(b) Little Tree learns of the love and understanding that Granpa has for Granma.
(c) That Granpa will take care of Granma.
(d) That Granma takes care of the bees.
2. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
(a) Granpa's speed and agility.
(b) His immense respect for nature and animals and his sense of humor.
(c) Granpa's love for swimming and diving.
(d) Grandpa's great ability to catch foxes and control the hounds.
3. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington hates Cherokees.
(b) Washington is a thief.
(c) Washington got a blow in the head.
(d) Washington hates children.
4. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(a) The Lost People.
(c) Understanding the Past.
(d) Survival of the Strong.
5. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The gap between the two mountains.
(b) The space between two streams in the mountain.
(c) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
(d) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
3. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
4. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)