|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
(a) They hide on the other side of the mountain and survive by hunting deer.
(b) They live in caves and survive by fishing in the nearby creek.
(c) They journey to the neighboring village and set up a camp.
(d) They live off fishing, wild game and sweet root and stay as silent as they can to avoid detection.
2. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(b) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(c) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(d) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
3. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Differences in Culture.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) A Visit to the Settlement.
(d) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
4. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
(a) Thinning Trail.
(c) Narrow Trail.
(d) The Narrows.
5. In Chapter 4, why does Little Tree feel grown-up?
(a) Granma teaches him to make his own shirt.
(b) He is allowed to prepare the food.
(c) Granpa lets him go up the trail by himself.
(d) Granma gives him a deer shirt like Granpa's to wear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
2. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
3. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
4. How does Pa say farewell to Granpa when he is dying?
5. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)