Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "To Know The Past".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the incident with the fox and hounds affect the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) It causes Little Tree to fear Granpa.
(b) It continues to deepen the growing bond between Granpa and Little Tree.
(c) It has no effect on the relationship.
(d) It damages the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree.
2. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Bear.
(b) Little Cherokee.
(c) Little Hawk.
(d) Little Bee.
3. What is the Trail of Tears?
(a) The journey made by the Cherokee Nation when army soldiers force them to move to new lands.
(b) The journey towards the burial ground of the Cherokee.
(c) The path up the mountain where Cherokee go to mourn their dead.
(d) The journey made by Cherokee each year to commemorate the loss of their nation.
4. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
(a) To keep away people from the settlement.
(b) To keep away the other Cherokee.
(c) To protect Granma when she is alone.
(d) To guard the crops and cabin and to have fun fox-hunting.
5. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
(a) Grandpa's great ability to catch foxes and control the hounds.
(b) Granpa's speed and agility.
(c) His immense respect for nature and animals and his sense of humor.
(d) Granpa's love for swimming and diving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
3. What is the Hangin' Gap?
4. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
5. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)