One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "Church-Going".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
(a) He resolves to keep his extra money in his fruit jar instead of in his pocket.
(b) He resolves to give Granpa his money to keep.
(c) He resolves to bury his money in his secret place.
(d) He resolves to give his money to Granma to keep.
2. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
(a) They live off fishing, wild game and sweet root and stay as silent as they can to avoid detection.
(b) They journey to the neighboring village and set up a camp.
(c) They live in caves and survive by fishing in the nearby creek.
(d) They hide on the other side of the mountain and survive by hunting deer.
3. In Chapter 16, what does the author suggest about the importance of the church teachings to Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) They don't fully understand what the church is about and are confused about the Bible stories.
(b) They are very involved in the church teachings and make certain they discuss the Bible stories for full understanding.
(c) Granpa doesn't believe any of it but he wants Little Tree to work it out for himself.
(d) Granpa leaves this part of Little Tree's lessons to Granma.
4. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
(a) They use symbols on caves.
(b) They use a special writing system.
(c) There is no writing system so valuable information is lost.
(d) They use the oral tradition in which stories are used to pass on information.
5. What is unusual about the type of church that Little Tree's family attends?
(a) It is the only church so the preacher uses many different languages.
(b) The church is only open for services once per month.
(c) The church only allows Cherokee to sit at the back.
(d) It is the only church so it services various faiths, including Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians and Church of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author demonstrate that despite being poor, the sharecropper is instilling pride in his daughter?
2. What is the Trail of Tears?
3. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
4. How do Granma and Granpa portray the 'Trail of Tears' for Little Tree?
5. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)