Chapter 1, "Little Tree"
*The mother of Little Tree (a five-year old boy) dies a year after his father's death.
* His relatives discuss his future and decide that he must live with his grandparents.
* Granma and Granpa take Little Tree by bus on a long journey.
* On the bus, people laugh at Little Tree and his grandparents because of their Cherokee heritage.
* After the bus ride, Little Tree, Granma and Granpa walk a long way up the mountain to their cabin.
* Granma comforts Little Tree with a song and he goes to sleep feeling happy .
Chapter 2, "The Way"
* Granma makes Little Tree his first boot moccasins and he wears them out for a walk with Granpa.
* Through his moccasins, Little Tree feels the spirit of Mon-o-lah, the earth mother.
* Little Tree sees the sunrise and helps Granpa to set a turkey trap.
* They watch the hawk, Tal-con, kill a...
This section contains 3,295 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)