|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Tara's mother's memory loss?
2. Who buys Tara a leotard and jazz shoes?
3. Who was the first child in the family to go to college?
4. What did Tara's father say would protect her from harm?
5. What did Tyler share with Tara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What safety measures did Tara's father strip from her?
2. Why did Tyler use some of his savings to buy silver?
3. Why did Tara choose to stay home instead of go to Arizona?
4. What goal did Tara's father have for his family's independence?
5. What surprised Tara about her singing?
6. Why did Tara's mother agree to let her children be home schooled?
7. How did Tara's father put the whole family in danger when they drove home from Arizona?
8. What did grandma-down-the-hill plan for Tara in Chapter One?
9. What was Tara's father's upbringing like?
10. Why was Tara's mother attracted to Tara's father when they met?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does guilt play a role in Tara's father's control over her? Analyze examples of times when her father uses his religious and patriarchal views to keep Tara from growing and changing.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Tara's mother and brother Tyler not go to the hospital after the car accident? What responsibility did her father have to his injured family? What feeling did you have as you read about the long-term ramifications from the accident?
Essay Topic 3
What lessons did Tara learn about her grandmothers as she grew older? How did the family dynamics her parents came from shape her own beliefs about loyalty and connection?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)