|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age was Tara when her mother stopped teaching her?
2. What did Tara say her life was ruled by?
(a) Cycle of the Seasons.
(d) Sound of Silence.
3. Which of Tara's siblings had attended formal schooling together?
(a) None of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) Three oldest.
(d) Three youngest.
4. What caused Tara's mother's memory loss?
(b) Brain injury.
5. Why did the children in Tara's family not go to the doctor?
(a) They were afraid of needles.
(b) Their father did not trust doctors.
(c) The children wanted to be sick.
(d) Their mother was a psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which food did Tara's father ban from their house?
2. What united Tara's father and his mother?
3. How old was Tara in “Choose the Good"?
4. Which book did Tara's father often read?
5. What is the pseudonym given to Tara's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tara choose to stay home instead of go to Arizona?
2. What did Tara worry about when Tyler decided to go to college?
3. Which New Age philosophy did Tara's mother practice?
4. Why was Tara's grandma-over-in-town deemed unmarriageable when she was young?
5. What made Tara's family different from other families she knew?
6. What was Tara's father's relationship with his mother?
7. What goal did Tara's father have for his family's independence?
8. How did Tara's father put the whole family in danger when they drove home from Arizona?
9. Why was Tara's mother attracted to Tara's father when they met?
10. Why did Tara's mother agree to let her children be home schooled?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)