Part One: Prologue - Chapter 4
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Westover, Tara. Educated: A Memoir. Random House, 2018.
• Throughout this Lesson Plan, the book’s title, Educated: A Memoir, will be referred to as Educated.
• Educated is an autobiographical, first person account of Tara Westover’s life.
• Educated is a work of nonfiction in which some names and details have been changed.
• This Lesson Plan will predominately use the names the author uses to refer to individuals, including pseudonyms.
• The Epigraph features quotes by Virginia Woolf and John Dewey.
• Virginia Woolf’s quote is about the past and Dewey’s quote is about education.
• The Prologue is a flashback.
• Tara reflects on being seven years old.
• She describes the view around her mountain home in Idaho.
• Tara states that what made her family different from other families was that the children...
This section contains 5,094 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)