|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the troopers, who will be a judge by the time Carmen is assigned a lawyer?
2. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
3. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
4. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
5. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
2. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
3. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
4. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
5. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
6. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
7. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
8. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
9. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
10. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)