|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
2. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
3. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
4. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
5. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
2. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
3. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
4. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
5. Who is the lawyer Reacher chooses, and why does Reacher choose a lawyer?
6. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
7. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
8. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
9. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
10. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What motives does Reacher have for helping Carmen? Give three examples from "Echo Burning" to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Lee Child use "fire and burning" symbolism with the Greer family farm to make a connection with the Greer family? Use four examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)