|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
2. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
3. What does Reacher tell Carmen in Spanish?
4. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
5. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
2. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
3. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
4. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
5. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
6. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
7. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
8. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
9. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
10. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the meaning of the title "Echo Burning."
Essay Topic 2
How does Lee Child use "fire and burning" symbolism with the Greer family farm to make a connection with the Greer family? Use four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What leadership qualities do you see in Reacher? What leadership qualities do you see in Carmen? What assumptions can be made if Reacher had not helped Carmen develop these?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)