|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
2. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
3. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
4. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
5. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the lawyer Reacher chooses, and why does Reacher choose a lawyer?
2. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
3. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
4. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
5. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
6. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
7. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
8. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
9. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
10. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What assumptions can be made about being a wrangler at the Red House Ranch?
Essay Topic 2
What generalizations can be made of Red House Ranch, the Greer Family Home? What is Lee Child's purpose for having the setting of the story at this location? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Lee Child uses foreshadowing with Carmen in "Echo Burning."
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)