|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
2. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
3. Where does Reacher lead the assassins after setting a trap?
4. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
5. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
2. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
3. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
4. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
5. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
6. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
7. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
8. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
9. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
10. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Can Hack be considered a protagonist or antagonist? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)