|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
2. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
3. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
4. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
5. When Reacher returns to Alice's office from getting the money from Brewer, she tells him someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Reacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
2. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
3. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
4. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
5. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
6. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
7. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
8. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
9. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
10. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the election for judge symbolize for Hack? What does the election for judge symbolize for Carmen and Ellie? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Can Hack be considered a protagonist or antagonist? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What motives does Reacher have for helping Carmen? Give three examples from "Echo Burning" to support your answer.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)