|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher tell Alice that he needs to see again?
2. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
3. What does Reacher find out about the file containing Carmen's medical records?
4. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
5. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
2. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
3. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
4. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
5. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
6. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
7. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
8. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
9. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
10. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What generalizations can be made of Red House Ranch, the Greer Family Home? What is Lee Child's purpose for having the setting of the story at this location? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)