|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the troopers, who will be a judge by the time Carmen is assigned a lawyer?
2. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
3. Why does Reacher choose the lawyer he does for Carmen?
4. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
5. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
2. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
3. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
4. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
5. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
6. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
7. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
8. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
9. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
10. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the watchers, and who are the assassins? Who hired these people and why? Comparing these two groups, which group do you think did the better job and why?
Essay Topic 2
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)