|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Red House Ranch to see Ellie, where do Alice and Reacher go?
2. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
3. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
4. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
5. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
2. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
3. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
4. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
5. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
6. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
7. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
8. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
9. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
10. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)