|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
2. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
3. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
4. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
5. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
2. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
3. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
4. Who is the lawyer Reacher chooses, and why does Reacher choose a lawyer?
5. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
6. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
7. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
8. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
9. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
10. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What assumptions can be made about being a wrangler at the Red House Ranch?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Lee Child uses foreshadowing with Carmen in "Echo Burning."
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)