|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
2. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
3. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
4. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
5. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
2. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
3. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
4. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
5. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
6. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
7. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
8. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
9. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
10. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What assumptions can be made about being a wrangler at the Red House Ranch?
Essay Topic 2
How does Carmen Greer's character intrigue Jack Reacher enough to make Jack Reacher want to stick around and possibly help Carmen? What would happen if Jack Reacher would not have stayed to help Carmen out with her situation?
Essay Topic 3
What generalizations can be made of Red House Ranch, the Greer Family Home? What is Lee Child's purpose for having the setting of the story at this location? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)