|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
2. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
3. What does Reacher find out about the file containing Carmen's medical records?
4. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
5. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the lawyer Reacher chooses, and why does Reacher choose a lawyer?
2. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
3. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
4. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
5. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
6. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
7. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
8. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
9. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
10. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the election for judge symbolize for Hack? What does the election for judge symbolize for Carmen and Ellie? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Lee Child use "fire and burning" symbolism with the Greer family farm to make a connection with the Greer family? Use four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen Greer's character intrigue Jack Reacher enough to make Jack Reacher want to stick around and possibly help Carmen? What would happen if Jack Reacher would not have stayed to help Carmen out with her situation?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)