|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
2. What type of car does Alice own?
3. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
4. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
5. Why is Reacher being removed from the ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
2. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
3. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
4. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
5. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
6. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
7. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
8. Who is the lawyer Reacher chooses, and why does Reacher choose a lawyer?
9. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
10. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Can Hack be considered a protagonist or antagonist? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)