|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
2. With Reacher in the car on the way to Pecos, what does a phone call from dispatch tell the Rangers?
3. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
4. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
5. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
2. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
3. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
4. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
5. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
6. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
7. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
8. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
9. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
10. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carmen Greer's character intrigue Jack Reacher enough to make Jack Reacher want to stick around and possibly help Carmen? What would happen if Jack Reacher would not have stayed to help Carmen out with her situation?
Essay Topic 2
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)