|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
2. Where does Reacher lead the assassins after setting a trap?
3. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
4. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
5. What does Ellie insist when the male assassin watching her comes to her at the end of the four hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
2. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
3. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
4. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
5. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
6. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
7. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
8. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
9. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
10. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)