|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
2. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
3. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
4. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
5. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
2. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
3. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
4. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
5. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
6. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
7. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
8. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
9. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
10. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What motives does Reacher have for helping Carmen? Give three examples from "Echo Burning" to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Reacher can be seen as a foil character within the novel. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What generalizations can be made of Red House Ranch, the Greer Family Home? What is Lee Child's purpose for having the setting of the story at this location? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)