|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
2. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
3. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
4. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
5. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
2. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
3. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
4. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
5. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
6. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
7. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
8. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
9. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
10. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Reacher can be seen as a foil character within the novel. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)