|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
2. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
3. Carmen sneaks out to the bunkhouse. What does she tell Reacher after Sloop has arrived back at the ranch?
4. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
5. After being told he wasn't invited for lunch, where does Reacher go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
2. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
3. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
4. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
5. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
6. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
7. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
8. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
9. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
10. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What motives does Reacher have for helping Carmen? Give three examples from "Echo Burning" to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)