|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reacher returns to Alice's office from getting the money from Brewer, she tells him someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Reacher?
2. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
3. What does Ellie insist when the male assassin watching her comes to her at the end of the four hours?
4. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
5. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
2. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
3. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
4. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
5. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
6. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
7. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
8. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
9. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
10. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lee Child use "fire and burning" symbolism with the Greer family farm to make a connection with the Greer family? Use four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Can Hack be considered a protagonist or antagonist? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Lee Child uses foreshadowing with Carmen in "Echo Burning."
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)