|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
2. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
3. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
4. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
5. In Chapter 14, Reacher assumes that __________ will be the next one killed by the assassins.
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
2. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
3. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
4. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
5. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
6. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
7. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
8. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
9. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
10. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Can Hack be considered a protagonist or antagonist? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons of Carmen and Ellie living at the Red House Ranch. List at least five of each.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)