|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reacher have Brewer make the check out to once he convinces Brewer to pay?
2. Where does Reacher lead the assassins after setting a trap?
3. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
4. How does Reacher convince Brewer to pay his debt?
5. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
2. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
3. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
4. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
5. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
6. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
7. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
9. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
10. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the election for judge symbolize for Hack? What does the election for judge symbolize for Carmen and Ellie? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)