|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
2. What does Carmen want Reacher to do shortly after they meet?
3. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
4. How do the killers kill their target?
5. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
2. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
3. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
4. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
5. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
6. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
7. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
8. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
9. What does Ellie request of Reacher at the end of Reacher's first day on the ranch?
10. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of the title "Echo Burning."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)