|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the killers pretending to be while on their assignment to kill Sloop's lawyer?
2. Why does Carmen pick up Jack Reacher?
3. What does Carmen want Reacher to do shortly after they meet?
4. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
5. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
2. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
3. What does Reacher refuse to do after being asked to do so by Bobby?
4. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
5. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
6. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
7. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
8. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
9. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
10. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What assumptions can be made about being a wrangler at the Red House Ranch?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Lee Child uses foreshadowing with Carmen in "Echo Burning."
Essay Topic 3
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)