|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the errand Bobby wants Reacher to run with Billy and Josh seem fishy to Reacher?
2. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
3. What is the Red House Ranch?
4. What does Reacher agree to do after he leaves Carmen's bedroom?
5. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
2. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
3. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
4. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
5. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
6. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
7. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
8. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
9. What does Reacher refuse to do after being asked to do so by Bobby?
10. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lee Child use "fire and burning" symbolism with the Greer family farm to make a connection with the Greer family? Use four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)