|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the watchers?
2. Where is Jack when he meets Carmen?
3. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
4. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
5. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
2. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
3. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
4. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
5. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
6. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
8. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
9. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
10. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What motives does Reacher have for helping Carmen? Give three examples from "Echo Burning" to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)