|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Reacher attach a condition to Bobby's breakfast?
3. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
4. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
5. What is Carmen told when she first returns back to the Red House Ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
2. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
3. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
4. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
5. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
6. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
7. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
8. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
9. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
10. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
Essay Topic 2
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What assumptions can be made about being a wrangler at the Red House Ranch?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)