|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
2. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
3. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
4. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
5. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellie request of Reacher at the end of Reacher's first day on the ranch?
2. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
3. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
4. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
5. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
6. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
7. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
8. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
9. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
10. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lee Child use "fire and burning" symbolism with the Greer family farm to make a connection with the Greer family? Use four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pros and cons of Carmen and Ellie living at the Red House Ranch. List at least five of each.
Essay Topic 3
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)