|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bobby planning to do that requires Reacher's help?
2. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
3. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
4. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
5. What makes Reacher feel slightly inept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
2. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
3. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
4. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
5. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
6. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
7. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
8. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
9. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
10. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)