|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
2. Who is Rusty Greer?
3. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
4. Why is Carmen's husband in trouble with the law?
5. Carmen is married to _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
2. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
3. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
4. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
5. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
6. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
7. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
8. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
9. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
10. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)