|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
2. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
3. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
4. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
5. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
2. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
3. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
4. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
5. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
6. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
7. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
8. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
9. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
10. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the watchers, and who are the assassins? Who hired these people and why? Comparing these two groups, which group do you think did the better job and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons of Carmen and Ellie living at the Red House Ranch. List at least five of each.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)