|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
2. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
3. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
4. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
5. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
2. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
3. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
4. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
5. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
6. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
7. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
8. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
9. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
10. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
Essay Topic 2
What motives does Reacher have for helping Carmen? Give three examples from "Echo Burning" to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen Greer's character intrigue Jack Reacher enough to make Jack Reacher want to stick around and possibly help Carmen? What would happen if Jack Reacher would not have stayed to help Carmen out with her situation?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)