|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size of a man is Reacher?
2. What is the Red House Ranch?
3. There are two men and a woman traveling separately in Chapter One. Who are they?
4. When Josh and Billy return in Chapter 6, they smell like ___________.
5. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
2. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
3. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
4. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
5. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
6. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
7. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
8. What does Ellie request of Reacher at the end of Reacher's first day on the ranch?
9. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
10. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the election for judge symbolize for Hack? What does the election for judge symbolize for Carmen and Ellie? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who are the watchers, and who are the assassins? Who hired these people and why? Comparing these two groups, which group do you think did the better job and why?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)