|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rusty Greer?
2. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
3. What does Reacher's experience tell him to do when he suspects he is in trouble?
4. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
5. Who helps Reacher with the test Bobby Greer gives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
2. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
3. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
4. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
5. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
6. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
7. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
8. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
9. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
10. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the watchers, and who are the assassins? Who hired these people and why? Comparing these two groups, which group do you think did the better job and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Lee Child uses foreshadowing with Carmen in "Echo Burning."
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)