Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
2. When Josh and Billy return in Chapter 6, they smell like ___________.
3. What size of a man is Reacher?
4. What kind of car do the killers rent?
5. Who is sitting on Reacher's bunk when he returns to the bunkhouse after Bobby Greer's test?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
2. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
3. After it becomes apparent that the other two assassins are not coming back, what does the assassin who is holding Ellie do?
4. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
5. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
6. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
7. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
8. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
9. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
10. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
Essay Topic 1
Can Hack be considered a protagonist or antagonist? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen Greer's character intrigue Jack Reacher enough to make Jack Reacher want to stick around and possibly help Carmen? What would happen if Jack Reacher would not have stayed to help Carmen out with her situation?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)