|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the three hired killers meet?
2. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
3. What is Bobby planning to do that requires Reacher's help?
4. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
5. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
2. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
3. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
4. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
5. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
6. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
7. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
8. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
9. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
10. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Lee Child uses foreshadowing with Carmen in "Echo Burning."
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)