|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would best describe Jack Reacher?
2. What makes Reacher feel slightly inept?
3. What does Reacher's experience tell him to do when he suspects he is in trouble?
4. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
5. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
2. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
3. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
4. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
5. After it becomes apparent that the other two assassins are not coming back, what does the assassin who is holding Ellie do?
6. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
7. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
8. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
9. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
10. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
Essay Topic 1
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the watchers, and who are the assassins? Who hired these people and why? Comparing these two groups, which group do you think did the better job and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Reacher can be seen as a foil character within the novel. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)