|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
2. What kind of car do the killers rent?
3. What does Bobby tell Reacher about Carmen?
4. What is Carmen told when she first returns back to the Red House Ranch?
5. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
2. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
3. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
4. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
5. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
6. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
7. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
8. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
9. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
10. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What does the election for judge symbolize for Hack? What does the election for judge symbolize for Carmen and Ellie? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)