|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
2. Why does Carmen pick up Jack Reacher?
3. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
4. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
5. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Alice give Reacher while she is driving around after leaving the Red House Ranch while it is on fire?
2. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
3. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
4. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
5. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
6. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
7. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
8. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
9. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
10. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What assumptions can be made about being a wrangler at the Red House Ranch?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Reacher can be seen as a foil character within the novel. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)