|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
2. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
3. Who helps Reacher with the test Bobby Greer gives him?
4. What happens to the watchers?
5. Carmen tells Reacher to present himself as what to the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
2. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
3. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
4. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
5. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
6. What does Reacher refuse to do after being asked to do so by Bobby?
7. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
8. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
9. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
10. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the major theme of good versus evil throughout the book. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Reacher can be seen as a foil character within the novel. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What leadership qualities do you see in Reacher? What leadership qualities do you see in Carmen? What assumptions can be made if Reacher had not helped Carmen develop these?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)