|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carmen's husband in trouble with the law?
2. Why does Carmen feel the way she does about Sloop's return from prison?
3. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
4. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
5. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
2. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
3. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
4. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
5. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
6. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
7. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
8. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
9. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
10. What does Reacher refuse to do after being asked to do so by Bobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Lee Child use "fire and burning" symbolism with the Greer family farm to make a connection with the Greer family? Use four examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)