|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
2. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
3. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
4. There are two men and a woman traveling separately in Chapter One. Who are they?
5. What happens to the watchers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
2. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
3. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
4. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
5. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
6. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
7. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
8. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
9. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
10. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lee Child include the abduction of a child to fit the plot of "Echo Burning"? Could Child have written this book without an abduction scene? How?
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons of Carmen and Ellie living at the Red House Ranch. List at least five of each.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)