|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Jack up while he is hitchhiking?
2. Who is Ellie?
3. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
4. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
5. How do the killers kill their target?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
2. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
3. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
4. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
5. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
6. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
7. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
8. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
9. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
10. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the pros and cons of Carmen and Ellie living at the Red House Ranch. List at least five of each.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of the title "Echo Burning."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character traits of Rusty and Carmen. Give three details from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)