|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
2. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
3. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
4. Who is waiting for Carmen when she first arrives back at the Red House?
5. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
2. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
3. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
4. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
5. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
6. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
7. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
8. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
9. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
10. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What assumptions can be made about being a wrangler at the Red House Ranch?
Essay Topic 2
How do the assassins take every measure when completing a job and leaving nothing to chance? If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that Reacher was able to outsmart them at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)