|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jack when he meets Carmen?
2. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
3. Why is Carmen's husband in trouble with the law?
4. What does Carmen offer to Reacher as payment for helping her out in her situation?
5. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
2. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
3. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
4. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
5. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
6. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
7. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
8. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
9. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
10. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carmen Greer's character intrigue Jack Reacher enough to make Jack Reacher want to stick around and possibly help Carmen? What would happen if Jack Reacher would not have stayed to help Carmen out with her situation?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the watchers, and who are the assassins? Who hired these people and why? Comparing these two groups, which group do you think did the better job and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons of Carmen and Ellie living at the Red House Ranch. List at least five of each.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)