|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
2. Carmen is married to _________________.
3. What does Bobby want Reacher to do on his first full day at the Red House Ranch?
4. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
5. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher refuse to do after being asked to do so by Bobby?
2. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
3. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
4. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
5. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
6. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
7. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
8. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
9. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
10. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Name one of the major themes of the novel. Explain why and how it is a major theme of the story, citing at least four examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What generalizations can be made of Red House Ranch, the Greer Family Home? What is Lee Child's purpose for having the setting of the story at this location? Give three examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)