|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
2. What does Bobby tell Reacher about Carmen?
3. Where do the assassins hide their target's body?
4. Carmen is married to _________________.
5. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
Short Essay Questions
1. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
2. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
3. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
4. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
5. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
6. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
7. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
8. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
9. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
10. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ideas validate Carmen and Ellie being in danger when Sloop returns to the Red House Ranch? Give four examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How has Carmen changed from the beginning of the story to the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Reacher can be seen as a foil character within the novel. Give five examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)