|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
(b) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(c) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(d) She had no choice.
2. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
(a) He has plans.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is in police custody.
(d) He isn't family.
3. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
(b) The wranglers.
4. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
(a) To see Carmen.
(b) To Red House Ranch.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) To cash the check and give the money to the family.
5. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(c) The Abilene Police Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
2. What does Reacher tell Carmen in Spanish?
3. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
4. What does Reacher decide that he must do to help Carmen while she is in jail?
5. How does Reacher convince Brewer to pay his debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
2. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
3. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
4. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
5. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
6. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
7. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
8. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
9. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
10. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)