|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how many gunshot wounds does Reacher see on Sloop?
2. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
(b) The assassins.
3. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
(b) About Sloop's wounds.
(c) He is worried about Ellie.
(d) He is leaving.
4. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He is lying.
(c) He is telling the truth.
(d) He has left out some important information.
5. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
(d) The wranglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
2. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
4. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
5. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
2. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
3. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
4. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
5. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
6. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
7. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
8. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
9. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
10. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)