|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To look for Ellie.
(b) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
(c) To find Carmen's ring.
(d) To confront Bobby.
2. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
(a) The sheriff's office.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) Longhorn Lounge.
3. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
(a) It is thunderstorming.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is bright and sunny.
(d) It is foggy.
4. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
5. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
2. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
3. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
4. How much is the trust fund set up in Carmen's control worth?
5. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
2. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
3. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
4. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
5. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
6. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
7. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
8. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
9. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
10. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)