|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She is kidnapped.
2. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
3. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
(a) In a week.
(b) In a month.
(c) When she gets out.
(d) The next morning.
4. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
(a) Billy and Josh.
(b) The assassins.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Two Rangers.
5. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
2. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
3. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
4. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
5. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
2. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
4. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
5. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
6. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
7. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
8. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
9. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
10. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)