|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reacher and Alice go to talk to Ellie after her mom was put in jail only to be told what about her?
(a) She is at a friend's house.
(b) She is not really Sloop's daughter.
(c) They are not allowed to see her.
(d) She was taken by the authorities and is probably in an orphanage.
2. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She ran away.
3. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He will take care of Ellie.
(c) He is going to stick around.
(d) He is leaving town.
4. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
(a) Hack trusts him.
(b) He was in custody at the time.
(c) There was no witness saying he was there.
(d) His finger prints were not on the gun.
5. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
(a) By bringing Reacher in the house.
(b) By taking Ellie to see her pony.
(c) By asking to see Sloop alone in the barn.
(d) By telling Sloop to get rid of Reacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
2. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
3. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
4. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
5. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
2. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
3. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
4. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
5. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
6. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
7. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
8. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
9. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
10. Why do the assassins have to change their operating procedure in Chapter 15? How do they make the changes?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)