|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Reacher in the car on the way to Pecos, what does a phone call from dispatch tell the Rangers?
(a) They found the bodies of the watchers.
(b) To let Reacher go.
(c) Ellie ran away.
(d) To return to the ranch.
2. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is leaving town.
(c) He is going to stick around.
(d) He will take care of Ellie.
3. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
(d) A defense expert.
4. What does Ellie insist when the male assassin watching her comes to her at the end of the four hours?
(a) He should go look for his friends.
(b) Time is not up.
(c) He should kill himself.
(d) He should let her go.
5. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) Alice's office.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) The bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
2. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
3. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
4. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
5. Who does Reacher have Brewer make the check out to once he convinces Brewer to pay?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
2. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
3. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
4. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
5. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
6. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
7. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
8. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
9. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
10. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)