|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
2. Who does Reacher tell the maid that he is once he arrives at Brewer's home?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The farmer's friend.
(c) A banker.
(d) A long lost relative.
3. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He is telling the truth.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He is lying.
(d) He has left out some important information.
4. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
(a) There was no witness saying he was there.
(b) His finger prints were not on the gun.
(c) He was in custody at the time.
(d) Hack trusts him.
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
(a) It is thunderstorming.
(b) It is bright and sunny.
(c) It is foggy.
(d) It is snowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
2. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
3. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
4. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
5. What did Rusty and Bobby tell Ellie about her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
2. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
3. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
4. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
5. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
6. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
7. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
8. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
9. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
10. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)