|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how many gunshot wounds does Reacher see on Sloop?
2. Who does Reacher tell the maid that he is once he arrives at Brewer's home?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A banker.
(c) The farmer's friend.
(d) A long lost relative.
3. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
(a) Red House Ranch.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The auto dealer.
(d) The courthouse.
4. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
(c) A defense expert.
5. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
(a) He is a man.
(b) He has plans.
(c) He isn't family.
(d) He is in police custody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
2. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
3. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
4. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
5. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
2. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
3. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
4. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
5. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
6. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
7. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
8. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
9. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
10. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)