|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
(a) He missed his wife.
(b) He crippled a man who beat his wife.
(c) He was tired of it.
(d) He was hurt.
2. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
(a) Big and strong.
(c) Pale and overweight.
3. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
(a) She is unemotional.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is sad.
4. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(c) The police.
5. What type of car does Alice own?
(a) Crown Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
2. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
3. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
4. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
5. Why is Reacher being removed from the ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
2. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
3. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
4. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
5. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
6. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
7. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
8. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
9. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
10. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)