|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
2. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
(a) Sloop had been shot before.
(b) Sloop was dead before he was shot.
(c) Sloop shot himself.
(d) Carmen's cheap gun could not have killed Sloop.
3. Who kills Hack?
4. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He will take care of Ellie.
(b) He is going to stick around.
(c) He is leaving town.
(d) He loves her.
5. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
(a) A car.
(b) A bus ticket.
(c) A house.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
2. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
3. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
4. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
5. What does Reacher tell Alice that he needs to see again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
2. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
3. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
4. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
5. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
6. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
7. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
8. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
9. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
10. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)