|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
2. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
(a) The auto dealer.
(b) The gas station.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) The courthouse.
3. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An alibi.
(d) A miracle.
4. With Reacher in the car on the way to Pecos, what does a phone call from dispatch tell the Rangers?
(a) Ellie ran away.
(b) They found the bodies of the watchers.
(c) To return to the ranch.
(d) To let Reacher go.
5. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
2. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
3. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
4. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
5. What does Reacher tell Carmen in Spanish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
3. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
4. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
5. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
6. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
7. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
8. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
9. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
10. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)