|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
2. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
3. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(b) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(c) She had no choice.
(d) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
4. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
(a) The assassins.
5. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) About Sloop's wounds.
(b) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
(c) He is worried about Ellie.
(d) He is leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
2. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
3. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
4. How much is the trust fund set up in Carmen's control worth?
5. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
2. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
3. What makes the assassins realize they are in trouble?
4. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
5. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
6. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
7. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
8. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
9. How does Ellie threaten one of the assassins?
10. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)