|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
(a) The border patrol file.
(b) The gun.
(c) The medical records.
(d) Carmen's case file.
2. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
(d) The assassins.
3. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is going to stick around.
(c) He is leaving town.
(d) He will take care of Ellie.
4. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He tells them he left something there.
(c) He tells them he needs to talk to Carmen.
(d) He tells them they owe him money.
5. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
(b) The maps.
(c) A pistol.
(d) Carmen's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carmen sneaks out to the bunkhouse. What does she tell Reacher after Sloop has arrived back at the ranch?
2. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
3. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
4. When Reacher returns to Alice's office from getting the money from Brewer, she tells him someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Reacher?
5. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. With it being an election year and Hack running for judge, what does Reacher tell Hack would make him look good?
2. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
3. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
4. What does Reacher continually correct the trooper about at the start of Chapter 10 and why?
5. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
6. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
7. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
8. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
9. Who is the lawyer Reacher chooses, and why does Reacher choose a lawyer?
10. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)