|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He has left out some important information.
(b) He is telling the truth.
(c) He is lying.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
(a) The fact that social services has never heard of Ellie.
(b) Looking at the medical records.
(c) Looking at Sloop's wounds.
(d) Talking to Carmen.
3. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
(a) He doesn't want her to get off.
(b) He believes she was abused.
(c) He secretly was in love with her.
(d) He knows prosecuting her will have a negative impact on his chances for becoming judge.
4. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
5. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(b) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(c) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(d) Carmen asks about Ellie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
2. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
3. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
4. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
5. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Sloop's death and Carmen's arrest, how do the Greers feel about Ellie?
2. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
3. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
4. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
5. Who is the lawyer Reacher chooses, and why does Reacher choose a lawyer?
6. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
7. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
8. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
9. To what place does Reacher agree to accompany Alice?
10. What does Reacher notice about Sloop's wounds?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)