|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
2. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
3. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) A domestic disturbance.
(b) A suicide.
(c) A homicide.
(d) An assault.
4. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
5. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
2. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
3. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
4. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
5. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hack surprise Reacher when he returns the Volkswagen back to Alice, and Alice says Hack needs to see him?
2. Describe the first conversation between Reacher and Sloop.
3. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
4. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
5. After returning back to Hack's office and updating Hack, what does Hack say is the best thing that Alice and Reacher can do?
6. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
7. What makes it clear to Reacher that Carmen had been telling the truth the whole time?
8. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
9. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
10. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)