|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
2. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
3. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He will take care of Ellie.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is leaving town.
(d) He is going to stick around.
4. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
(a) He was in custody at the time.
(b) His finger prints were not on the gun.
(c) Hack trusts him.
(d) There was no witness saying he was there.
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
(a) It is foggy.
(b) It is bright and sunny.
(c) It is thunderstorming.
(d) It is snowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
2. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
3. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
4. What did Rusty and Bobby tell Ellie about her parents?
5. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hack call Social Services, and what does this lead him to believe?
2. Why does Reacher believe Hack will be next to be murdered after finding the body of Albert Eugene?
3. Upon Sloop's arrival back at the ranch, what is Reacher's first impression of Sloop?
4. How does Alice help Reacher catch the assassins?
5. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
6. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
7. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
8. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
9. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
10. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)