|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
(a) His long lost brother.
(b) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) A local police officer.
2. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
(a) Cheated on her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Left her.
(d) Lied to her.
3. Bobby tells Reacher that ______________wouldn't want him around Carmen and Ellie.
4. What is Carmen told when she first returns back to the Red House Ranch?
(a) Sloop has escaped.
(b) Sloop is dead.
(c) Sloop has been released.
(d) Sloop's attorney is missing.
5. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
(c) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
2. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
3. What does Bobby tell Reacher about Carmen?
4. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
5. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
2. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
3. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
4. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
5. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
6. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
7. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
8. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
9. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
10. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)