|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following would best describe Jack Reacher?
(a) Social butterfly.
(b) Has a few close friends.
(c) A loner.
(d) Friends with everyone.
2. When Josh and Billy return in Chapter 6, they smell like ___________.
3. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
(a) A local police officer.
(b) His long lost brother.
(c) His father.
(d) A friend.
4. What does Carmen offer to Reacher as payment for helping her out in her situation?
(a) Her child.
5. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
(a) Traveling the country.
(b) Getting Married.
(c) Running from the law.
(d) Serving in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
2. How is Carmen feeling as Sloop's arrival nears?
3. Who are Billy and Josh?
4. What is the Red House Ranch?
5. What are the killers pretending to be while on their assignment to kill Sloop's lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
2. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
3. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
4. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
5. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
6. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
7. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
8. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
9. What is happening with the trio of killers at the beginning of Echo Burning?
10. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)