|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) They let him drive.
(c) The trunk.
(d) In the front seat.
2. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
(a) A goodnight kiss.
(b) To talk.
(c) To find her mom.
(d) To take her horse back riding.
3. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) Running from the law.
(b) With his family.
(c) At home.
(d) In jail.
4. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
(d) The assassins.
5. Where do Billy and Josh take Reacher in Chapter 7?
(a) Red House Ranch.
(b) Echo County.
(c) Longhorn Lounge.
(d) San Angelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
2. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
3. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
4. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
5. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two men and the little boy think about the arrival of Reacher at the ranch?
2. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
3. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
4. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
5. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
6. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
7. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
8. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
9. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
10. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)