|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bobby planning to do that requires Reacher's help?
(a) Hunt from the car.
(b) Look for Sloop.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Go to the feed store.
2. Who helps Reacher with the test Bobby Greer gives him?
(c) No one.
(d) The ranch hands.
3. How is Carmen feeling as Sloop's arrival nears?
4. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
(a) To bring the big mare out saddled and ready to ride.
(b) To milk the cows.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To herd the sheep.
5. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
2. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
3. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
4. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
5. What does Reacher think that Carmen should do about Sloop returning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
2. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
4. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
5. What does Ellie request of Reacher at the end of Reacher's first day on the ranch?
6. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
7. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
8. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
9. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
10. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)