|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Bobby.
(c) To Sloop.
(d) In an ambulance.
2. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
(a) Help her run away.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Marry her.
3. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
(a) Reacher being in the barn.
(b) Carmen leaving with Reacher.
(c) Billy and Josh drinking.
(d) Reacher's refusal to drive.
4. What tells Reacher he is in trouble when he goes with Billy and Josh in Chapter 6?
(a) They turn off the truck.
(b) They turn left.
(c) They are acting strange.
(d) They let him drive.
5. Who is waiting for Carmen when she first arrives back at the Red House?
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
2. Which one of the assassins actually kills the target?
3. Who picks Jack up while he is hitchhiking?
4. Who are Billy and Josh?
5. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
2. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
3. What does Reacher refuse to do after being asked to do so by Bobby?
4. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
5. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
6. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
7. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
8. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
9. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
10. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)