|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher tell Carmen to do if Sloop tries anything?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Scream until everyone comes running.
(d) Lie to him.
2. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
(a) To arrest Reacher.
(b) They found the watchers' bodies.
(c) To arrest Bobby.
(d) To tell that Sloop is being released in the morning.
3. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
(a) To stay.
(b) To sleep with her.
(c) To teach her how to shoot a gun.
(d) To watch Ellie.
4. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
(a) The assassins.
5. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
(c) New York Mets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher's experience tell him to do when he suspects he is in trouble?
2. Why does Carmen feel the way she does about Sloop's return from prison?
3. Who helps Reacher with the test Bobby Greer gives him?
4. What does Reacher think that Carmen should do about Sloop returning?
5. What does Bobby tell Reacher about Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
2. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
3. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
4. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
5. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
6. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
7. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
8. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
9. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
10. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)