|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
(c) Not feeling well.
2. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
(a) Serving in the army.
(b) Traveling the country.
(c) Getting Married.
(d) Running from the law.
3. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
(a) To arrest Reacher.
(b) To arrest Bobby.
(c) They found the watchers' bodies.
(d) To tell that Sloop is being released in the morning.
4. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Bribe him.
(b) Stroke his ego.
(c) Make him promises.
(d) Drag him in.
5. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
(a) A friend.
(b) A local police officer.
(c) His father.
(d) His long lost brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Jack up while he is hitchhiking?
2. Which one of the assassins actually kills the target?
3. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
4. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
5. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reacher borrow Alice's Volkswagen?
2. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
3. What does Hack give Reacher a few days to think about?
4. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
5. What do the two Rangers who come to the ranch want in Chapter 9?
6. Who is Lyndon Brewer?
7. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
8. What happens at the ranch after the ambulance leaves with Sloop's body?
9. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
10. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)