|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
(a) Out for lunch.
(b) To get a drink.
(c) For a ride.
(d) To look for Sloop.
2. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
3. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
(a) He does all the work.
(b) He listens to Carmen.
(c) He wants to be invited to lunch and dinner.
(d) He kills Sloop.
4. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
(a) The ranch hands.
5. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) Running from the law.
(b) In jail.
(c) With his family.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen want Reacher to do shortly after they meet?
2. What does Reacher agree to do after he leaves Carmen's bedroom?
3. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
4. Who are Billy and Josh?
5. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
2. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
3. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
4. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
5. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
6. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
7. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
8. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
9. What does Reacher refuse to do after being asked to do so by Bobby?
10. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)