|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His car.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) They let him drive.
(c) The trunk.
(d) In the front seat.
3. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To fix something.
(b) To show him where she had the pistol.
(c) To give him something.
(d) She wanted to sleep with him.
4. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
(a) His being with Carmen.
(b) His attitude.
(d) His appearance.
5. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Help her run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby tell Reacher about Carmen?
2. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
3. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
4. What does Reacher tell Carmen to do if Sloop tries anything?
5. Who is sitting on Reacher's bunk when he returns to the bunkhouse after Bobby Greer's test?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
3. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
4. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
5. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
6. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
7. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
8. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
9. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
10. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)