|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the killers kill their target?
(a) Drown him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Stab him.
2. Who is Rusty Greer?
(a) Sloop's Brother.
(b) Sloop's Mother.
(c) Sloop's Father.
(d) Sloop's Sister.
3. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
(c) Josh and Billy.
4. Where do the three hired killers meet?
(a) The airport.
(b) A restaurant.
(d) The Red House.
5. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ellie?
2. There are two men and a woman traveling separately in Chapter One. Who are they?
3. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
4. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
5. How is Carmen feeling as Sloop's arrival nears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
2. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
3. What happens when Reacher goes to get feed with Josh and Billy?
4. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
5. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
6. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
7. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
8. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
9. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
10. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)