|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
(a) Lead him to Sloop.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Tell him the truth about Carmen.
(d) Convince him not to return to the Red House Ranch.
2. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
(b) His being with Carmen.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His attitude.
3. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Make him promises.
(b) Drag him in.
(c) Bribe him.
(d) Stroke his ego.
4. Who turned Sloop in to the IRS?
(a) His employer.
(c) His father.
5. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
2. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
3. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
4. What is the Red House Ranch?
5. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
2. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
3. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
4. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
5. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
6. What does Carmen say is the reason for her husband stopping the beatings eighteen months ago?
7. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
8. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
9. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
10. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)