|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
(b) All of the above.
2. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
(a) Help her run away.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Call the police.
3. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
4. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
(a) To kill Sloop.
(b) To run away.
(c) Toi hide Ellie.
(d) To talk to Sloop.
5. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
(a) "Where's Carmen?"
(b) "You, just wait!"
(d) "Wait until my brother gets here."
Short Answer Questions
1. Carmen tells Reacher to present himself as what to the family?
2. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
3. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
4. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
5. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
2. After the three killers have taken care of their target, name three things they do as a cleanup.
3. What were the motives behind Carmen picking Reacher up when Reacher was hitchhiking?
4. What does Reacher do after arriving on the ranch?
5. What happens with the routine change for the watchers?
6. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
7. What does Reacher say when he goes out to see Bobby in the barn after showering, and what makes him change his mind about what he said?
8. What is happening when Carmen, Reacher, and Ellie arrive back at Carmen's husband's house?
9. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
10. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)