|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting on Reacher's bunk when he returns to the bunkhouse after Bobby Greer's test?
(b) Bobby Greer.
2. Where does Bobby tell Reacher he will have to accompany Billy and Josh?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To look for Sloop.
(c) To get feed.
(d) To get gas for the tractor.
3. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) With his family.
(b) In jail.
(c) Running from the law.
(d) At home.
4. What is Carmen told when she first returns back to the Red House Ranch?
(a) Sloop has escaped.
(b) Sloop has been released.
(c) Sloop's attorney is missing.
(d) Sloop is dead.
5. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His appearance.
(d) His being with Carmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
2. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
3. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
4. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
5. Who is waiting for Carmen when she first arrives back at the Red House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Reacher get from the trooper?
2. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
3. What do Reacher and Alice learn about Ellie?
4. What does Ellie request of Reacher at the end of Reacher's first day on the ranch?
5. What happens after Rusty shoots Hack?
6. When Alice and Reacher return, what message does Hack have for Reacher?
7. What happens when Alice and Reacher return to the ranch, and Bobby opens the door?
8. What happens that makes the Rangers return back to the ranch after leaving with Reacher on their way to Pecos?
9. What is the first meeting between Reacher and Carmen's daughter Ellie like?
10. What information does Carmen share with Reacher to try to convince Reacher to help her?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)