|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
(b) The maid.
2. Why does Reacher attach a condition to Bobby's breakfast?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) To be near Carmen.
(c) So he can observe Sloop.
(d) To make Bobby uncomfortable.
3. Why does Carmen feel the way she does about Sloop's return from prison?
(a) She wants him to see how big Ellie is now.
(b) She doesn't want him to meet Reacher.
(c) He knows she turned him in.
(d) She loves him.
4. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) She wanted to sleep with him.
(b) To show him where she had the pistol.
(c) To fix something.
(d) To give him something.
5. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
2. Where does Billy go after they order their beer in Chapter 7?
3. Where do Billy and Josh take Reacher in Chapter 7?
4. What is Bobby planning to do that requires Reacher's help?
5. What are the only real weapons that Reacher notices where Josh and Billy take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Reacher is on a riding lesson with Carmen?
2. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
3. What does Ellie request of Reacher at the end of Reacher's first day on the ranch?
4. What does the sheriff arrive at the ranch to tell Bobby?
5. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
6. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
7. How has the watchers' routine changed at the start of Chapter 6?
8. How does Bobby Greer decide to test Reacher?
9. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
10. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)