|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To give him something.
(b) To show him where she had the pistol.
(c) She wanted to sleep with him.
(d) To fix something.
2. Who are Billy and Josh?
(a) Friends of Carmen.
(b) Carmen's sons.
(c) Ranch hands.
(d) Sloop's brother.
3. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
(a) Cheated on her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Lied to her.
(d) Left her.
4. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
(a) He wants to be invited to lunch and dinner.
(b) He does all the work.
(c) He kills Sloop.
(d) He listens to Carmen.
5. Which of the following would best describe Jack Reacher?
(a) Has a few close friends.
(b) Social butterfly.
(c) A loner.
(d) Friends with everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
2. What makes Reacher feel slightly inept?
3. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
4. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
5. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening around midday at the Red House Ranch in Chapter 8?
2. How does Jack Reacher get involved in murder, greed, and kidnapping?
3. After the sheriff is content to let Bobby and Reacher settle things between themselves, describe the confrontation these two men have.
4. List four characteristics of Jack Reacher.
5. What is the Longhorn Lounge, and what happens there?
6. What happens when Carmen asks Reacher to kill her husband?
7. How do the three killers get their target to pull over in Chapter 2?
8. Why does Carmen refuse to leave the ranch when Reacher again tells her?
9. What are two men and a boy busily doing in Chapter 1?
10. Why is Carmen really nervous to see the sheriff and her mother-in-law return to the ranch? How does Carmen show this nervousness?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)