|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
(a) It bounces off and hits Bobby.
(b) The house becomes completely dark.
(c) It catches Red House Ranch on fire.
(d) The lantern breaks.
2. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
(a) She is grieving her father.
(b) She is scared of the storm and the man watching her.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is cold.
3. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
(a) He tells them he needs to talk to Carmen.
(b) He tells them they owe him money.
(c) He tells them he left something there.
(d) He doesn't.
4. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
(a) The sheriff's office.
(b) Red House Ranch.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Longhorn Lounge.
5. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) A homicide.
(b) A suicide.
(c) A domestic disturbance.
(d) An assault.
6. What did Rusty and Bobby tell Ellie about her parents?
(a) Sloop wasn't her father.
(b) They didn't love her.
(c) They were both dead.
(d) Her dad was dead, and her mom wasn't coming back.
7. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
(a) To fire one shot.
(b) To look for Ellie.
(c) To kill the woman.
(d) To kill the man.
8. In Chapter 13, how many gunshot wounds does Reacher see on Sloop?
9. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
10. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
(a) He isn't family.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He has plans.
(d) He is in police custody.
11. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
12. Why is Reacher being removed from the ranch?
(a) For threatening.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For an assault.
(d) For trespassing.
13. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
(a) Red House Ranch.
(b) The bus station.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) The courthouse.
14. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
(a) Alice's office.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) To Red House Ranch.
(d) Hack's office.
15. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She had no choice.
(b) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(c) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
(d) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
2. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
3. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
4. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
5. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)