|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(a) The police.
2. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
3. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
(a) She is scared of the storm and the man watching her.
(b) She is cold.
(c) She is grieving her father.
(d) She misses her mother.
4. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(b) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(c) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(d) Carmen asks about Ellie.
5. Who does Reacher tell the maid that he is once he arrives at Brewer's home?
(a) The farmer's friend.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A long lost relative.
6. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She ran away.
7. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
8. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
(a) His finger prints were not on the gun.
(b) Hack trusts him.
(c) He was in custody at the time.
(d) There was no witness saying he was there.
9. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
(a) Red House Ranch.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) The bus station.
10. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(d) The Abilene Police Department.
11. Who does Reacher have Brewer make the check out to once he convinces Brewer to pay?
12. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
13. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
(a) Talking to Carmen.
(b) The fact that social services has never heard of Ellie.
(c) Looking at Sloop's wounds.
(d) Looking at the medical records.
14. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
(a) He put himself in the killer's shoes.
(b) Carmen had told him.
(c) He had stumbled on it at the Red House Ranch.
(d) He killed him.
15. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bus ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
2. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
3. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
4. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
5. What does Reacher decide that he must do to help Carmen while she is in jail?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)