|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
2. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
(a) He put himself in the killer's shoes.
(b) He killed him.
(c) Carmen had told him.
(d) He had stumbled on it at the Red House Ranch.
3. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
(a) Ellie has been found.
(b) He believes their theory.
(c) He has launched a full scale investigation into Ellie's whereabouts.
(d) Carmen has been released.
4. After leaving Red House Ranch to see Ellie, where do Alice and Reacher go?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Alice's office.
(d) To the courthouse.
5. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
6. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To confront Bobby.
(b) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
(c) To find Carmen's ring.
(d) To look for Ellie.
7. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
(a) She was never married to Sloop.
(b) She is an illegal immigrant.
(c) She lied about everything.
(d) She is telling the truth.
8. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
(a) Talking to Carmen.
(b) The fact that social services has never heard of Ellie.
(c) Looking at the medical records.
(d) Looking at Sloop's wounds.
9. What does Ellie insist when the male assassin watching her comes to her at the end of the four hours?
(a) He should go look for his friends.
(b) He should let her go.
(c) Time is not up.
(d) He should kill himself.
10. Carmen sneaks out to the bunkhouse. What does she tell Reacher after Sloop has arrived back at the ranch?
(a) He should leave.
(b) Sloop called the sheriff.
(c) Sloop hit her.
(d) She is going to kill Sloop.
11. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The assassins.
(c) Billy and Josh.
(d) Two Rangers.
12. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
(b) An alibi.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A lawyer.
13. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He will take care of Ellie.
(b) He is leaving town.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is going to stick around.
14. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He is lying.
(b) He is telling the truth.
(c) He has left out some important information.
(d) None of the above.
15. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
(a) The water is too hot.
(b) One of the male assassins stays in the room with her.
(c) She can hear them talking outside the door.
(d) The water is too cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
2. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
3. When Reacher returns to Alice's office from getting the money from Brewer, she tells him someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Reacher?
4. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
5. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)