|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
(a) He believes she was abused.
(b) He secretly was in love with her.
(c) He knows prosecuting her will have a negative impact on his chances for becoming judge.
(d) He doesn't want her to get off.
2. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen asks about Ellie.
(b) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(c) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(d) Carmen asks about Reacher.
3. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
4. Why does Reacher choose the lawyer he does for Carmen?
(a) She has less of a case load.
(b) She has won many cases.
(c) She is the first one he found.
(d) She is the best.
5. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Makes a fake call for help.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Disconnects the phone line.
(d) Hides the phone.
6. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
(a) He called the police.
(b) He let her call her mom.
(c) He lied to her.
(d) He left early.
7. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(b) The Abilene Police Department.
8. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He is going to stick around.
(b) He will take care of Ellie.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is leaving town.
9. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) A domestic disturbance.
(b) A homicide.
(c) An assault.
(d) A suicide.
10. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
(a) The medical records.
(b) Carmen's case file.
(c) The border patrol file.
(d) The gun.
11. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(b) She had no choice.
(c) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(d) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
12. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(b) The police.
(d) The assassins.
13. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He is lying.
(b) He has left out some important information.
(c) He is telling the truth.
(d) None of the above.
14. In Chapter 13, how many gunshot wounds does Reacher see on Sloop?
15. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
(a) By Hack coaching him into lying for her.
(b) By hiring a different lawyer.
(c) By talking Ellie into testifying.
(d) By getting Bobby to tell what he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
2. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
3. According to the troopers, who will be a judge by the time Carmen is assigned a lawyer?
4. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
5. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)