|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To find Carmen's ring.
(b) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
(c) To confront Bobby.
(d) To look for Ellie.
2. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
(b) The wranglers.
3. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
4. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) Alice's office.
(c) The bus station.
(d) Red House Ranch.
5. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
(a) In a month.
(b) In a week.
(c) When she gets out.
(d) The next morning.
6. Who does Reacher have Brewer make the check out to once he convinces Brewer to pay?
7. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(d) The Abilene Police Department.
8. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
(a) Carmen has been released.
(b) Ellie has been found.
(c) He believes their theory.
(d) He has launched a full scale investigation into Ellie's whereabouts.
9. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
10. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(b) She had no choice.
(c) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(d) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
11. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
(a) To Red House Ranch.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) Hack's office.
(d) Alice's office.
12. Reacher and Alice go to talk to Ellie after her mom was put in jail only to be told what about her?
(a) She is not really Sloop's daughter.
(b) They are not allowed to see her.
(c) She was taken by the authorities and is probably in an orphanage.
(d) She is at a friend's house.
13. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(c) The police.
14. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
(a) He let her call her mom.
(b) He left early.
(c) He lied to her.
(d) He called the police.
15. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
2. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
3. How much is the trust fund set up in Carmen's control worth?
4. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
5. What does Ellie insist when the male assassin watching her comes to her at the end of the four hours?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)