|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being told he wasn't invited for lunch, where does Reacher go?
(a) For a drive.
(d) In the house.
2. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
(a) To Red House Ranch.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) Hack's office.
3. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is unemotional.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is sad.
4. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
(b) A defense expert.
5. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) He is worried about Ellie.
(b) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
(c) About Sloop's wounds.
(d) He is leaving.
6. When Reacher returns to Alice's office from getting the money from Brewer, she tells him someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Reacher?
7. How much is the trust fund set up in Carmen's control worth?
(a) Ten million dollars.
(b) Five million dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
8. What does Reacher offer to do in exchange for the lawyer helping Carmen?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Talk to her boss.
(c) Clean her office.
(d) Get the money owed to another of her clients.
9. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
(a) They should go get some sleep.
(b) They can go talk to Carmen.
(c) They can look for Ellie.
(d) They can search Red House Ranch.
10. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
(a) Carmen's case file.
(b) The border patrol file.
(c) The gun.
(d) The medical records.
11. Why is Reacher being removed from the ranch?
(a) For threatening.
(b) For an assault.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For trespassing.
12. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
(a) He lied to her.
(b) He called the police.
(c) He let her call her mom.
(d) He left early.
13. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
(a) Sloop had been shot before.
(b) Sloop was dead before he was shot.
(c) Sloop shot himself.
(d) Carmen's cheap gun could not have killed Sloop.
14. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
15. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
(a) He has plans.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is in police custody.
(d) He isn't family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
2. Who kills Hack?
3. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
4. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
5. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)