|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
(a) The gas station.
(b) The auto dealer.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) The courthouse.
2. When Reacher returns to Alice's office from getting the money from Brewer, she tells him someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Reacher?
3. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To Red House Ranch.
(c) Hack's office.
(d) Alice's office.
4. According to the troopers, who will be a judge by the time Carmen is assigned a lawyer?
5. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He is lying.
(b) He is telling the truth.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He has left out some important information.
6. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
(a) In a week.
(b) The next morning.
(c) When she gets out.
(d) In a month.
7. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is unemotional.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is happy.
8. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
(a) She is grieving her father.
(b) She is cold.
(c) She is scared of the storm and the man watching her.
(d) She misses her mother.
9. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Makes a fake call for help.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Disconnects the phone line.
(d) Hides the phone.
10. What does Reacher find out about the file containing Carmen's medical records?
(a) He left it at Hack's office.
(b) Bobby stole it.
(c) It is missing.
(d) It doesn't weigh as much as it says it does.
11. What does Reacher tell Carmen in Spanish?
(a) To call the sheriff.
(b) He loves her.
(c) To call the Rangers if Sloop touches her.
(d) He will be back.
12. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
13. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
(b) Pale and overweight.
(c) Big and strong.
14. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
(a) They can look for Ellie.
(b) They can search Red House Ranch.
(c) They can go talk to Carmen.
(d) They should go get some sleep.
15. Reacher and Alice go to talk to Ellie after her mom was put in jail only to be told what about her?
(a) She is not really Sloop's daughter.
(b) She is at a friend's house.
(c) They are not allowed to see her.
(d) She was taken by the authorities and is probably in an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
2. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
3. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
4. What does Reacher decide that he must do to help Carmen while she is in jail?
5. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)