|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
(a) He doesn't want her to get off.
(b) He secretly was in love with her.
(c) He believes she was abused.
(d) He knows prosecuting her will have a negative impact on his chances for becoming judge.
2. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(c) The police.
3. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
(a) The gas station.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) The auto dealer.
4. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
(a) She was never married to Sloop.
(b) She lied about everything.
(c) She is telling the truth.
(d) She is an illegal immigrant.
5. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(b) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(c) Carmen asks about Ellie.
(d) Carmen asks about Reacher.
6. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
(a) Sloop was dead before he was shot.
(b) Sloop shot himself.
(c) Carmen's cheap gun could not have killed Sloop.
(d) Sloop had been shot before.
7. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
(a) To see Carmen.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) To Red House Ranch.
(d) To cash the check and give the money to the family.
8. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
(a) To Red House Ranch.
(b) Hack's office.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) Alice's office.
9. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
(a) It is thunderstorming.
(b) It is bright and sunny.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is foggy.
10. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
(a) Ellie has been found.
(b) Carmen has been released.
(c) He has launched a full scale investigation into Ellie's whereabouts.
(d) He believes their theory.
11. Who kills Hack?
12. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
(a) By bringing Reacher in the house.
(b) By asking to see Sloop alone in the barn.
(c) By telling Sloop to get rid of Reacher.
(d) By taking Ellie to see her pony.
13. In Chapter 13, how many gunshot wounds does Reacher see on Sloop?
14. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) A homicide.
(b) A domestic disturbance.
(c) A suicide.
(d) An assault.
15. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
2. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
3. In Chapter 14, Reacher assumes that __________ will be the next one killed by the assassins.
4. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
5. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)