|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
(a) A bus ticket.
(b) A house.
(c) A gun.
(d) A car.
2. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer won't be able to trace Alice's car?
(a) He parks it down the street.
(b) He paints it.
(c) He doesn't care if he traces the car.
(d) He takes off the license plates.
3. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is unemotional.
4. How much is the trust fund set up in Carmen's control worth?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Ten million dollars.
(d) Five million dollars.
5. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He will take care of Ellie.
(c) He is going to stick around.
(d) He is leaving town.
6. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) He is leaving.
(b) He is worried about Ellie.
(c) About Sloop's wounds.
(d) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
7. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(a) The police.
(d) The assassins.
8. What does Reacher tell Alice that he needs to see again?
(a) Carmen's face.
(b) The check.
(c) Sloop's wounds.
(d) The Red House Ranch.
9. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is murdered.
10. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
(a) He tells them they owe him money.
(b) He tells them he left something there.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He tells them he needs to talk to Carmen.
11. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
(a) Hack's office.
(b) To Red House Ranch.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) To the courthouse.
12. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
(a) It is bright and sunny.
(b) It is thunderstorming.
(c) It is foggy.
(d) It is snowing.
13. Who does Reacher tell the maid that he is once he arrives at Brewer's home?
(a) A banker.
(b) The farmer's friend.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A long lost relative.
14. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
(a) By hiring a different lawyer.
(b) By getting Bobby to tell what he knows.
(c) By Hack coaching him into lying for her.
(d) By talking Ellie into testifying.
15. After being told he wasn't invited for lunch, where does Reacher go?
(c) In the house.
(d) For a drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rusty and Bobby tell Ellie about her parents?
2. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
3. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
4. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
5. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)