|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
(a) The maps.
(c) Carmen's address.
(d) A pistol.
2. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
3. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
(a) Sloop had been shot before.
(b) Sloop shot himself.
(c) Carmen's cheap gun could not have killed Sloop.
(d) Sloop was dead before he was shot.
4. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
(a) It catches Red House Ranch on fire.
(b) The house becomes completely dark.
(c) The lantern breaks.
(d) It bounces off and hits Bobby.
5. Reacher and Alice go to talk to Ellie after her mom was put in jail only to be told what about her?
(a) She is at a friend's house.
(b) She was taken by the authorities and is probably in an orphanage.
(c) They are not allowed to see her.
(d) She is not really Sloop's daughter.
6. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) A homicide.
(b) A suicide.
(c) A domestic disturbance.
(d) An assault.
7. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
(a) The fact that social services has never heard of Ellie.
(b) Looking at Sloop's wounds.
(c) Looking at the medical records.
(d) Talking to Carmen.
8. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
(a) She is telling the truth.
(b) She was never married to Sloop.
(c) She lied about everything.
(d) She is an illegal immigrant.
9. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(b) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(c) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
(d) She had no choice.
10. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
(a) The water is too cold.
(b) One of the male assassins stays in the room with her.
(c) The water is too hot.
(d) She can hear them talking outside the door.
11. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
(a) A bus ticket.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
12. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(c) The police.
13. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To Red House Ranch.
(c) To see Carmen.
(d) To cash the check and give the money to the family.
14. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
(b) A defense expert.
15. In Chapter 14, Reacher assumes that __________ will be the next one killed by the assassins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Alice own?
2. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
3. What does Reacher decide that he must do to help Carmen while she is in jail?
4. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
5. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)