|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer won't be able to trace Alice's car?
(a) He takes off the license plates.
(b) He paints it.
(c) He doesn't care if he traces the car.
(d) He parks it down the street.
2. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) A domestic disturbance.
(b) A homicide.
(c) A suicide.
(d) An assault.
3. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
(a) He is in police custody.
(b) He has plans.
(c) He is a man.
(d) He isn't family.
4. Why does Reacher choose the lawyer he does for Carmen?
(a) She is the first one he found.
(b) She is the best.
(c) She has won many cases.
(d) She has less of a case load.
5. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
(a) He was in custody at the time.
(b) His finger prints were not on the gun.
(c) Hack trusts him.
(d) There was no witness saying he was there.
6. Carmen sneaks out to the bunkhouse. What does she tell Reacher after Sloop has arrived back at the ranch?
(a) Sloop hit her.
(b) She is going to kill Sloop.
(c) Sloop called the sheriff.
(d) He should leave.
7. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He is lying.
(b) He has left out some important information.
(c) He is telling the truth.
(d) None of the above.
8. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
9. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
10. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He is leaving town.
(b) He will take care of Ellie.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is going to stick around.
11. What does Reacher decide that he must do to help Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) Talk to Bobby and Rusty.
(b) Take care of Ellie.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Find her a lawyer.
12. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Disconnects the phone line.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Hides the phone.
(d) Makes a fake call for help.
13. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
(b) The assassins.
14. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
(a) Talking to Carmen.
(b) Looking at Sloop's wounds.
(c) The fact that social services has never heard of Ellie.
(d) Looking at the medical records.
15. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(c) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
2. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
3. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
4. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)