|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Alice own?
(a) Crown Victoria.
2. Why is Reacher being removed from the ranch?
(a) For threatening.
(b) For trespassing.
(c) For an assault.
(d) For stealing.
3. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
4. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
(a) He tells them he needs to talk to Carmen.
(b) He tells them they owe him money.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He tells them he left something there.
5. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He is going to stick around.
(b) He is leaving town.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He will take care of Ellie.
6. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
(a) Carmen had told him.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He had stumbled on it at the Red House Ranch.
(d) He put himself in the killer's shoes.
7. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
(a) He crippled a man who beat his wife.
(b) He was hurt.
(c) He missed his wife.
(d) He was tired of it.
8. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
(a) Carmen's case file.
(b) The medical records.
(c) The gun.
(d) The border patrol file.
9. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
(a) He isn't family.
(b) He has plans.
(c) He is a man.
(d) He is in police custody.
10. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is unemotional.
11. How much is the trust fund set up in Carmen's control worth?
(a) Five million dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
12. What does Reacher tell Carmen in Spanish?
(a) He loves her.
(b) To call the sheriff.
(c) To call the Rangers if Sloop touches her.
(d) He will be back.
13. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
14. With Reacher in the car on the way to Pecos, what does a phone call from dispatch tell the Rangers?
(a) Ellie ran away.
(b) To return to the ranch.
(c) They found the bodies of the watchers.
(d) To let Reacher go.
15. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reacher convince Brewer to pay his debt?
2. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
3. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
4. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
5. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)