|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(c) The assassins.
(d) The police.
2. Reacher and Alice go to talk to Ellie after her mom was put in jail only to be told what about her?
(a) She is at a friend's house.
(b) They are not allowed to see her.
(c) She is not really Sloop's daughter.
(d) She was taken by the authorities and is probably in an orphanage.
3. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
(a) He tells them he left something there.
(b) He tells them they owe him money.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He tells them he needs to talk to Carmen.
4. What does Reacher tell Carmen in Spanish?
(a) He will be back.
(b) To call the Rangers if Sloop touches her.
(c) To call the sheriff.
(d) He loves her.
5. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
6. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
7. After being told he wasn't invited for lunch, where does Reacher go?
(b) For a drive.
(c) In the house.
8. What did Rusty and Bobby tell Ellie about her parents?
(a) They were both dead.
(b) Sloop wasn't her father.
(c) They didn't love her.
(d) Her dad was dead, and her mom wasn't coming back.
9. What does Reacher decide that he must do to help Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) Talk to Bobby and Rusty.
(b) Find her a lawyer.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Take care of Ellie.
10. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) He is leaving.
(b) He is worried about Ellie.
(c) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
(d) About Sloop's wounds.
11. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is unemotional.
(d) She is sad.
12. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
13. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
(a) The maps.
(b) A pistol.
(c) Carmen's address.
14. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
(a) Big and strong.
(c) Pale and overweight.
15. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) The lie about abuse.
(b) The lie about the ring.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The lie about Ellie's whereabouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher choose the lawyer he does for Carmen?
2. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
3. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
4. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
5. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)