Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
(a) The bus station.
(b) Red House Ranch.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) The courthouse.
2. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
(a) Sloop was dead before he was shot.
(b) Sloop shot himself.
(c) Carmen's cheap gun could not have killed Sloop.
(d) Sloop had been shot before.
3. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
(a) Billy and Josh.
(b) The assassins.
(c) Two Rangers.
(d) The sheriff.
4. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
(a) A miracle.
(c) An alibi.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen asks about Ellie.
(b) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(c) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(d) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
6. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To find Carmen's ring.
(b) To look for Ellie.
(c) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
(d) To confront Bobby.
7. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(b) She had no choice.
(c) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(d) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
8. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
(a) His finger prints were not on the gun.
(b) Hack trusts him.
(c) He was in custody at the time.
(d) There was no witness saying he was there.
9. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Makes a fake call for help.
(b) Disconnects the phone line.
(c) Hides the phone.
(d) None of the above.
10. What does Reacher tell Alice that he needs to see again?
(a) Sloop's wounds.
(b) The check.
(c) The Red House Ranch.
(d) Carmen's face.
11. After killing the assassins, where do Reacher and Alice go?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) Hack's office.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) To Red House Ranch.
12. According to the troopers, who will be a judge by the time Carmen is assigned a lawyer?
13. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
(a) He left early.
(b) He called the police.
(c) He let her call her mom.
(d) He lied to her.
14. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
(a) Longhorn Lounge.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Red House Ranch.
15. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
(a) He secretly was in love with her.
(b) He doesn't want her to get off.
(c) He believes she was abused.
(d) He knows prosecuting her will have a negative impact on his chances for becoming judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
2. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
3. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
4. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
5. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)