|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
(a) He had stumbled on it at the Red House Ranch.
(b) Carmen had told him.
(c) He killed him.
(d) He put himself in the killer's shoes.
2. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
(b) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(c) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(d) She had no choice.
3. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
(a) To look for Ellie.
(b) To kill the woman.
(c) To fire one shot.
(d) To kill the man.
4. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(a) The Abilene Police Department.
5. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
(a) By getting Bobby to tell what he knows.
(b) By talking Ellie into testifying.
(c) By Hack coaching him into lying for her.
(d) By hiring a different lawyer.
6. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
(b) A gun.
(c) Cold bottled water.
(d) A telephone.
7. Reacher and Alice go to talk to Ellie after her mom was put in jail only to be told what about her?
(a) She is at a friend's house.
(b) She was taken by the authorities and is probably in an orphanage.
(c) She is not really Sloop's daughter.
(d) They are not allowed to see her.
8. What type of car does Alice own?
(b) Crown Victoria.
9. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She is kidnapped.
10. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
(a) He was hurt.
(b) He crippled a man who beat his wife.
(c) He was tired of it.
(d) He missed his wife.
11. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
(a) The bus station.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) Red House Ranch.
12. Why does Reacher choose the lawyer he does for Carmen?
(a) She has less of a case load.
(b) She is the best.
(c) She is the first one he found.
(d) She has won many cases.
13. In Chapter 14, Reacher assumes that __________ will be the next one killed by the assassins.
14. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
15. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He tells them they owe him money.
(c) He tells them he needs to talk to Carmen.
(d) He tells them he left something there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
2. With Reacher in the car on the way to Pecos, what does a phone call from dispatch tell the Rangers?
3. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
5. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)