|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
(a) By asking to see Sloop alone in the barn.
(b) By taking Ellie to see her pony.
(c) By telling Sloop to get rid of Reacher.
(d) By bringing Reacher in the house.
2. What did Rusty and Bobby tell Ellie about her parents?
(a) Sloop wasn't her father.
(b) They were both dead.
(c) They didn't love her.
(d) Her dad was dead, and her mom wasn't coming back.
3. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
(a) The assassins.
5. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She had no choice.
(b) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
(c) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(d) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
6. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To find Carmen's ring.
(b) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
(c) To confront Bobby.
(d) To look for Ellie.
7. How does Reacher convince Brewer to pay his debt?
(a) Explains the situation.
(b) Threatens him and his family.
(c) Talks nicely to him.
(d) Beats him.
8. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
9. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
(d) The wranglers.
10. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) He is leaving.
(b) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
(c) About Sloop's wounds.
(d) He is worried about Ellie.
11. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A miracle.
(d) An alibi.
12. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
13. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
(a) Longhorn Lounge.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Red House Ranch.
14. In Chapter 13, how many gunshot wounds does Reacher see on Sloop?
15. What does Reacher find out about the file containing Carmen's medical records?
(a) He left it at Hack's office.
(b) It doesn't weigh as much as it says it does.
(c) Bobby stole it.
(d) It is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie insist when the male assassin watching her comes to her at the end of the four hours?
2. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
3. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
4. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
5. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)