|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Reacher being removed from the ranch?
(a) For an assault.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For threatening.
(d) For trespassing.
2. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
3. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(b) The Abilene Police Department.
4. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
(a) She was never married to Sloop.
(b) She lied about everything.
(c) She is telling the truth.
(d) She is an illegal immigrant.
5. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
6. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(b) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(c) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(d) Carmen asks about Ellie.
7. What does Reacher tell Alice that he needs to see again?
(a) Sloop's wounds.
(b) Carmen's face.
(c) The Red House Ranch.
(d) The check.
8. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(a) The assassins.
(d) The police.
9. How does Reacher convince Brewer to pay his debt?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Explains the situation.
(c) Talks nicely to him.
(d) Threatens him and his family.
10. In Chapter 14, Reacher assumes that __________ will be the next one killed by the assassins.
11. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
(a) A gun.
(b) A telephone.
(c) Cold bottled water.
12. What does Reacher offer to do in exchange for the lawyer helping Carmen?
(a) Talk to her boss.
(b) Sleep with her.
(c) Clean her office.
(d) Get the money owed to another of her clients.
13. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
(a) She can hear them talking outside the door.
(b) The water is too hot.
(c) The water is too cold.
(d) One of the male assassins stays in the room with her.
14. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
(a) The lantern breaks.
(b) The house becomes completely dark.
(c) It bounces off and hits Bobby.
(d) It catches Red House Ranch on fire.
15. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
(a) She is grieving her father.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is scared of the storm and the man watching her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reacher and Alice go to talk to Ellie after her mom was put in jail only to be told what about her?
2. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
3. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
4. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
5. Who does Reacher tell the maid that he is once he arrives at Brewer's home?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)