|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) He is leaving.
(b) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
(c) He is worried about Ellie.
(d) About Sloop's wounds.
2. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
(a) To Red House Ranch.
(b) To cash the check and give the money to the family.
(c) To see Carmen.
(d) To the courthouse.
3. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(b) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
(c) She had no choice.
(d) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
4. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is murdered.
5. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) The lie about the ring.
(b) The lie about Ellie's whereabouts.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The lie about abuse.
6. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
7. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
(a) To look for Ellie.
(b) To kill the man.
(c) To fire one shot.
(d) To kill the woman.
8. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
(a) By telling Sloop to get rid of Reacher.
(b) By asking to see Sloop alone in the barn.
(c) By bringing Reacher in the house.
(d) By taking Ellie to see her pony.
9. How did Reacher know where to find Eugene's body?
(a) He put himself in the killer's shoes.
(b) He had stumbled on it at the Red House Ranch.
(c) He killed him.
(d) Carmen had told him.
10. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
(a) Longhorn Lounge.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) The courthouse.
11. Carmen sneaks out to the bunkhouse. What does she tell Reacher after Sloop has arrived back at the ranch?
(a) She is going to kill Sloop.
(b) Sloop called the sheriff.
(c) Sloop hit her.
(d) He should leave.
12. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
13. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Hides the phone.
(b) Makes a fake call for help.
(c) Disconnects the phone line.
(d) None of the above.
14. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
(a) By Hack coaching him into lying for her.
(b) By getting Bobby to tell what he knows.
(c) By hiring a different lawyer.
(d) By talking Ellie into testifying.
15. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(b) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(c) Carmen asks about Ellie.
(d) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer won't be able to trace Alice's car?
2. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
3. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
4. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
5. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)