|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He has left out some important information.
(b) He is lying.
(c) He is telling the truth.
(d) None of the above.
2. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
3. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen asks about Ellie.
(b) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(c) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(d) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
4. What happens when one of Rusty's shots hits the lantern?
(a) It bounces off and hits Bobby.
(b) It catches Red House Ranch on fire.
(c) The lantern breaks.
(d) The house becomes completely dark.
5. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
6. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
(a) Red House Ranch.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Alice's office.
(d) The bus station.
7. What does Reacher offer to do in exchange for the lawyer helping Carmen?
(a) Get the money owed to another of her clients.
(b) Clean her office.
(c) Sleep with her.
(d) Talk to her boss.
8. What does Reacher tell Alice that he needs to see again?
(a) The check.
(b) The Red House Ranch.
(c) Sloop's wounds.
(d) Carmen's face.
9. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
(a) Looking at Sloop's wounds.
(b) Looking at the medical records.
(c) The fact that social services has never heard of Ellie.
(d) Talking to Carmen.
10. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
(a) He believes she was abused.
(b) He knows prosecuting her will have a negative impact on his chances for becoming judge.
(c) He doesn't want her to get off.
(d) He secretly was in love with her.
11. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To confront Bobby.
(b) To find Carmen's ring.
(c) To look for Ellie.
(d) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
12. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
(a) A car.
(b) A bus ticket.
(c) A gun.
(d) A house.
13. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(b) The assassins.
(d) The police.
14. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
(a) To fire one shot.
(b) To kill the woman.
(c) To kill the man.
(d) To look for Ellie.
15. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Red House Ranch to see Ellie, where do Alice and Reacher go?
2. Who does Reacher tell the maid that he is once he arrives at Brewer's home?
3. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
4. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
5. When Reacher returns to Alice's office from getting the money from Brewer, she tells him someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Reacher?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)