|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(c) The Abilene Police Department.
2. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
(a) Two Rangers.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The assassins.
(d) Billy and Josh.
3. What does it take for Hack to believe in Reacher's theory that something is fishy with the whole story with Carmen?
(a) The fact that social services has never heard of Ellie.
(b) Looking at Sloop's wounds.
(c) Talking to Carmen.
(d) Looking at the medical records.
4. In Chapter 14, Reacher assumes that __________ will be the next one killed by the assassins.
5. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) He is worried about Ellie.
(b) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
(c) About Sloop's wounds.
(d) He is leaving.
6. During Chapter 14, the killers receive a call for a new contract. Who is the subject of this new contract?
7. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(a) The police.
(d) The assassins.
8. Carmen sneaks out to the bunkhouse. What does she tell Reacher after Sloop has arrived back at the ranch?
(a) Sloop hit her.
(b) Sloop called the sheriff.
(c) He should leave.
(d) She is going to kill Sloop.
9. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
10. Who kills Hack?
11. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
(a) By taking Ellie to see her pony.
(b) By bringing Reacher in the house.
(c) By telling Sloop to get rid of Reacher.
(d) By asking to see Sloop alone in the barn.
12. Who tells Reacher he will not be invited for lunch upon Sloop's arrival?
13. After leaving Red House Ranch to see Ellie, where do Alice and Reacher go?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) To Alice's office.
(d) To the hospital.
14. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
(a) It is bright and sunny.
(b) It is foggy.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is thunderstorming.
15. According to the troopers, who will be a judge by the time Carmen is assigned a lawyer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
2. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
3. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
4. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
5. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)