|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
2. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To see Carmen.
(c) To Red House Ranch.
(d) To cash the check and give the money to the family.
3. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(a) The assassins.
(b) The police.
4. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A miracle.
(c) An alibi.
5. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(b) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(c) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(d) Carmen asks about Ellie.
6. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
(a) By bringing Reacher in the house.
(b) By telling Sloop to get rid of Reacher.
(c) By taking Ellie to see her pony.
(d) By asking to see Sloop alone in the barn.
7. Who shows up at the ranch the afternoon of Sloop's arrival?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Billy and Josh.
(c) The assassins.
(d) Two Rangers.
8. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
(a) Sloop shot himself.
(b) Sloop was dead before he was shot.
(c) Carmen's cheap gun could not have killed Sloop.
(d) Sloop had been shot before.
9. Where does Reacher lead the assassins after setting a trap?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To Alice's office.
(c) To a mesa.
(d) To Red House Ranch.
10. What piece of jewelry do Alice and Reacher take to the jeweler to see if it is real or fake?
11. What does Reacher tell the person on the other end of the phone from Alice's office?
(a) About Sloop's wounds.
(b) He is worried about Ellie.
(c) He is leaving.
(d) Where to find the body of Sloop's lawyer.
12. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
(a) The sheriff's office.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) Longhorn Lounge.
13. Why does Hack want Carmen to get off on self-defense?
(a) He knows prosecuting her will have a negative impact on his chances for becoming judge.
(b) He secretly was in love with her.
(c) He believes she was abused.
(d) He doesn't want her to get off.
14. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
(b) To look for Ellie.
(c) To find Carmen's ring.
(d) To confront Bobby.
15. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(b) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
(c) She had no choice.
(d) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
2. Who kills Hack?
3. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
4. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
5. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)