|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the troopers, who will be a judge by the time Carmen is assigned a lawyer?
2. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
(a) In a week.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In a month.
(d) When she gets out.
3. Whom does Reacher call when he returns to Alice's office in Chapter 14?
(d) The Abilene Police Department.
4. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
5. How does Carmen get Sloop to see Reacher?
(a) By asking to see Sloop alone in the barn.
(b) By telling Sloop to get rid of Reacher.
(c) By taking Ellie to see her pony.
(d) By bringing Reacher in the house.
6. Why can't Reacher see Carmen in jail sooner?
(a) He has plans.
(b) He is in police custody.
(c) He isn't family.
(d) He is a man.
7. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
(a) The gun.
(b) The medical records.
(c) The border patrol file.
(d) Carmen's case file.
8. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
(a) A gun.
(b) Cold bottled water.
(c) A telephone.
9. What does Reacher buy in Chapter 14?
(a) A bus ticket.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
10. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
(a) By Hack coaching him into lying for her.
(b) By hiring a different lawyer.
(c) By talking Ellie into testifying.
(d) By getting Bobby to tell what he knows.
11. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
(a) To fire one shot.
(b) To look for Ellie.
(c) To kill the woman.
(d) To kill the man.
12. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
13. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(c) The police.
14. After being told he wasn't invited for lunch, where does Reacher go?
(a) For a drive.
(c) In the house.
15. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) The lie about abuse.
(b) The lie about Ellie's whereabouts.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The lie about the ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. When reading the information in the reports and files, what does Reacher learn about Carmen in Chapter 15?
2. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
3. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
4. What does Reacher offer to do in exchange for the lawyer helping Carmen?
5. Where are Reacher and Alice going as Chapter 15 begins?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)