|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reacher tells the Greers and Hack that _____________is behind all of the killing and Ellie's kidnapping.
(b) The wranglers.
2. Who does Reacher have Brewer make the check out to once he convinces Brewer to pay?
3. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
(a) He was tired of it.
(b) He crippled a man who beat his wife.
(c) He missed his wife.
(d) He was hurt.
4. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
(a) In a week.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In a month.
(d) When she gets out.
5. Where does Reacher go when he awakens the morning after Carmen is put in jail?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) Red House Ranch.
(d) Longhorn Lounge.
6. What does the woman assassin bring with her to meet the other two assassins in Chapter 11?
(a) A gun.
(b) Cold bottled water.
(c) A telephone.
7. In Chapter 14, Reacher assumes that __________ will be the next one killed by the assassins.
8. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) He has left out some important information.
(b) He is telling the truth.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He is lying.
9. Who tries to correct the trooper who calls in Sloop's death?
10. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Disconnects the phone line.
(b) Makes a fake call for help.
(c) Hides the phone.
(d) None of the above.
11. How does Reacher convince the Rangers to take him to the house?
(a) He tells them they owe him money.
(b) He tells them he needs to talk to Carmen.
(c) He tells them he left something there.
(d) He doesn't.
12. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
(a) To see Carmen.
(b) To the courthouse.
(c) To cash the check and give the money to the family.
(d) To Red House Ranch.
13. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
(a) The lie about the ring.
(b) The lie about Ellie's whereabouts.
(c) The lie about abuse.
(d) No answers are correct.
14. Reacher does something in Chapter 11 that he had not done in a long time. What is that?
15. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
(a) She is grieving her father.
(b) She is scared of the storm and the man watching her.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She misses her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
2. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
3. What is the only reason that Reacher escapes facing charges for Sloop's murder?
4. What does Reacher find out about the file containing Carmen's medical records?
5. What does Reacher offer to do in exchange for the lawyer helping Carmen?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)