|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
(a) He was tired of it.
(b) He was hurt.
(c) He missed his wife.
(d) He crippled a man who beat his wife.
2. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
(a) Red House Ranch.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The auto dealer.
(d) The courthouse.
3. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) A suicide.
(b) A homicide.
(c) An assault.
(d) A domestic disturbance.
4. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(c) The police.
(d) The assassins.
5. With Reacher in the car on the way to Pecos, what does a phone call from dispatch tell the Rangers?
(a) To return to the ranch.
(b) To let Reacher go.
(c) They found the bodies of the watchers.
(d) Ellie ran away.
6. After leaving Red House Ranch to see Ellie, where do Alice and Reacher go?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To Alice's office.
(c) To the morgue.
(d) To the courthouse.
7. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
(a) Pale and overweight.
(d) Big and strong.
8. Who kills Hack?
9. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
(a) To commandeer all of the guns and rifles.
(b) To confront Bobby.
(c) To look for Ellie.
(d) To find Carmen's ring.
10. In Chapter 16, Reacher suspects that he and Alice are in for a confrontation with ____________.
(b) The assassins.
11. What do the troopers tell Reacher that Carmen will need in order to get out on bail?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A miracle.
(c) An alibi.
12. What is the weather like in Chapter 16?
(a) It is foggy.
(b) It is thunderstorming.
(c) It is bright and sunny.
(d) It is snowing.
13. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(b) The police.
14. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
(b) A pistol.
(c) Carmen's address.
(d) The maps.
15. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
(a) They should go get some sleep.
(b) They can look for Ellie.
(c) They can go talk to Carmen.
(d) They can search Red House Ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular lie is bothering Reacher at the start of Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 16, Ellie tells the assassin that she will tell his boss that __________.
3. What does Reacher conclude from looking at what Alice lets him see again in Chapter 14?
4. Where does Reacher lead the assassins after setting a trap?
5. What does Reacher tell Alice her job is when trapping the assassins?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)