|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
(a) By getting Bobby to tell what he knows.
(b) By talking Ellie into testifying.
(c) By Hack coaching him into lying for her.
(d) By hiring a different lawyer.
2. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Makes a fake call for help.
(b) Disconnects the phone line.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Hides the phone.
3. What emotion does Rusty show when she describes the people who took Ellie to Alice and Reacher?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is unemotional.
4. What does Ellie insist when the male assassin watching her comes to her at the end of the four hours?
(a) Time is not up.
(b) He should kill himself.
(c) He should go look for his friends.
(d) He should let her go.
5. Why does Reacher tell Sloop he is no longer in the military?
(a) He was tired of it.
(b) He missed his wife.
(c) He crippled a man who beat his wife.
(d) He was hurt.
6. Who is at the ranch with Rusty and Bobby after Reacher and Alice kill the assassins?
(d) The police.
7. Of the following people, who is not trying to create a self defense case for Carmen?
8. What did Rusty and Bobby tell Ellie about her parents?
(a) They didn't love her.
(b) Sloop wasn't her father.
(c) Her dad was dead, and her mom wasn't coming back.
(d) They were both dead.
9. What does Reacher steal from Hack's office in Chapter 15?
(a) Carmen's case file.
(b) The border patrol file.
(c) The gun.
(d) The medical records.
10. After being told he wasn't invited for lunch, where does Reacher go?
(a) In the house.
(b) For a drive.
11. Why is Ellie hiding under the covers in Chapter 16?
(a) She misses her mother.
(b) She is scared of the storm and the man watching her.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is grieving her father.
12. In what language does Reacher speak to Carmen as he leaves with the Rangers on the way to Pecos?
13. What does Reacher's gut tell him about what Hack says about Carmen's story?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He has left out some important information.
(c) He is lying.
(d) He is telling the truth.
14. How much is the trust fund set up in Carmen's control worth?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Five million dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
15. The trooper who calls in Sloop's death refers to it as _____________.
(a) An assault.
(b) A homicide.
(c) A domestic disturbance.
(d) A suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how many gunshot wounds does Reacher see on Sloop?
2. Who is the district attorney in Pecos?
3. Who does Reacher have Brewer make the check out to once he convinces Brewer to pay?
4. When will Reacher be able to see Carmen after she is first put in jail?
5. What is Reacher surprised to find in Alice's glove box of her car?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)