|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Reacher send to Carmen while she is in jail?
(a) He is leaving town.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is going to stick around.
(d) He will take care of Ellie.
2. What happens to Ellie in Chapter 14?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She ran away.
3. How does Reacher make sure that Brewer can't call for help?
(a) Hides the phone.
(b) Makes a fake call for help.
(c) Disconnects the phone line.
(d) None of the above.
4. According to Hack, how can Reacher and Alice help him?
(a) They should go get some sleep.
(b) They can look for Ellie.
(c) They can search Red House Ranch.
(d) They can go talk to Carmen.
5. What happens when Alice goes to see Carmen in jail?
(a) Carmen asks about Reacher.
(b) Carmen refuses to talk to her.
(c) Alice isn't allowed to see her.
(d) Carmen asks about Ellie.
6. What does Reacher tell Alice that he needs to see again?
(a) The check.
(b) The Red House Ranch.
(c) Carmen's face.
(d) Sloop's wounds.
7. Who is not happy with this new information Reacher finds out in Chapter 14?
8. Where does Alice ask Reacher to accompany her after they leave her office?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To cash the check and give the money to the family.
(c) To see Carmen.
(d) To Red House Ranch.
9. With Reacher in the car on the way to Pecos, what does a phone call from dispatch tell the Rangers?
(a) To return to the ranch.
(b) They found the bodies of the watchers.
(c) To let Reacher go.
(d) Ellie ran away.
10. How would Sloop's physical appearance best be described when he returns to the ranch?
(b) Pale and overweight.
(d) Big and strong.
11. Whom does Hack ask to look over the medical records in Chapters 12 and 13?
(b) A defense expert.
12. Why does Rusty say that she allowed Ellie to be taken?
(a) She never really liked her and always had trouble reconciling that they were related.
(b) She had no choice.
(c) She tried to stop them, but had no luck.
(d) She wasn't Sloop's daughter.
13. Carmen sneaks out to the bunkhouse. What does she tell Reacher after Sloop has arrived back at the ranch?
(a) Sloop called the sheriff.
(b) She is going to kill Sloop.
(c) He should leave.
(d) Sloop hit her.
14. What does Hack tell Reacher and Alice when they go to talk to him after returning from the Red House Ranch?
(a) He has launched a full scale investigation into Ellie's whereabouts.
(b) He believes their theory.
(c) Ellie has been found.
(d) Carmen has been released.
15. As Reacher and Alice leave the courthouse in Chapter 15, whom do they pass?
(a) The police.
(b) The assassins.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Red House Ranch to see Ellie, where do Alice and Reacher go?
2. How does Hack tell Reacher they can save Carmen while they are with Alice at her office?
3. What makes Ellie feel uncomfortable while she is bathing after being kidnapped?
4. What do Reacher and Alice return to the Red House Ranch for after leaving the courthouse?
5. Where is the first place that Reacher stops with Alice's car?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)