|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
(a) He kills Sloop.
(b) He listens to Carmen.
(c) He does all the work.
(d) He wants to be invited to lunch and dinner.
2. What does Reacher tell Carmen to do if Sloop tries anything?
(a) Lie to him.
(b) Scream until everyone comes running.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Shoot him.
3. Who is sitting on Reacher's bunk when he returns to the bunkhouse after Bobby Greer's test?
(b) Bobby Greer.
4. Where does Bobby tell Reacher he will have to accompany Billy and Josh?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To get feed.
(c) To look for Sloop.
(d) To get gas for the tractor.
5. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
(a) To teach her how to shoot a gun.
(b) To sleep with her.
(c) To stay.
(d) To watch Ellie.
6. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
(b) His attitude.
(c) His being with Carmen.
(d) His appearance.
7. Where do the three hired killers meet?
(a) The Red House.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The airport.
8. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
(a) To milk the cows.
(b) To look for Carmen.
(c) To talk to Bobby.
(d) To figure out what is used to feed and water.
9. What does Reacher agree to do after he leaves Carmen's bedroom?
(a) Run away with Ellie.
(b) Kill Sloop.
(c) Sleep with her.
(d) Sleep on the sofa.
10. Who is Ellie?
(a) Carmen's daughter.
(b) Jack's daughter.
(c) Jack's girlfriend.
(d) Carmen's sister.
11. What does Carmen offer to Reacher as payment for helping her out in her situation?
(c) Her child.
12. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
(a) To milk the cows.
(b) To bring the big mare out saddled and ready to ride.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To herd the sheep.
13. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Sloop.
(c) To Bobby.
(d) In an ambulance.
14. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
(c) The maid.
15. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) Running from the law.
(b) With his family.
(c) In jail.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
2. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
3. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
4. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
5. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)