|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bobby tells Reacher that ______________wouldn't want him around Carmen and Ellie.
2. What is the Red House Ranch?
(a) The Greer family home.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The motel where Jack is staying.
3. Where does Billy go after they order their beer in Chapter 7?
(a) To the restroom.
(b) To talk to a friend.
(c) To the truck.
(d) To make a phone call.
4. What does Bobby want Reacher to do on his first full day at the Red House Ranch?
(a) Clean the stalls.
(c) Mow the lawn.
(d) Feed the animals.
5. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
(b) Not feeling well.
6. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) In jail.
(b) Running from the law.
(c) At home.
(d) With his family.
7. Who is sitting on Reacher's bunk when he returns to the bunkhouse after Bobby Greer's test?
(d) Bobby Greer.
8. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Bobby.
(c) To Sloop.
(d) In an ambulance.
9. What kind of car do the killers rent?
(a) A Crown Victoria.
(b) A cargo van.
(c) A pickup truck.
(d) A convertible.
10. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
(b) The assassins.
11. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
(a) Lead him to Sloop.
(b) Tell him the truth about Carmen.
(c) Convince him not to return to the Red House Ranch.
(d) Kill him.
12. What are the killers pretending to be while on their assignment to kill Sloop's lawyer?
(d) A family.
13. Who is Ellie?
(a) Carmen's daughter.
(b) Carmen's sister.
(c) Jack's daughter.
(d) Jack's girlfriend.
14. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) An anonymous truck driver.
(b) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) The police.
15. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To give him something.
(b) She wanted to sleep with him.
(c) To show him where she had the pistol.
(d) To fix something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
2. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
3. What does Carmen offer to Reacher as payment for helping her out in her situation?
4. Who turned Sloop in to the IRS?
5. What size of a man is Reacher?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)