|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tells Reacher he is in trouble when he goes with Billy and Josh in Chapter 6?
(a) They are acting strange.
(b) They turn off the truck.
(c) They let him drive.
(d) They turn left.
2. What size of a man is Reacher?
(b) Extra large.
3. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) For him to fix something.
(b) She is scared.
(c) To give him something.
(d) To show him where she hid the pistol.
4. Why does Carmen feel the way she does about Sloop's return from prison?
(a) He knows she turned him in.
(b) She doesn't want him to meet Reacher.
(c) She wants him to see how big Ellie is now.
(d) She loves him.
5. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
(b) His being with Carmen.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His attitude.
6. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
(c) All of the above.
7. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) A friend.
(b) An anonymous truck driver.
(c) His father.
(d) The police.
8. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
(c) The assassins.
9. What makes the errand Bobby wants Reacher to run with Billy and Josh seem fishy to Reacher?
(a) The look on Bobby's face.
(b) The tone of Bobby's voice.
(c) The storeroom is full of feed.
(d) It shouldn't take three of them.
10. Carmen is married to _________________.
11. Who turned Sloop in to the IRS?
(a) His employer.
(b) His father.
12. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
(a) They found the watchers' bodies.
(b) To tell that Sloop is being released in the morning.
(c) To arrest Reacher.
(d) To arrest Bobby.
13. Carmen tells Reacher to present himself as what to the family?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her attorney.
(c) A friend.
(d) A wrangler.
14. Who is Rusty Greer?
(a) Sloop's Mother.
(b) Sloop's Brother.
(c) Sloop's Sister.
(d) Sloop's Father.
15. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
(a) Toi hide Ellie.
(b) To kill Sloop.
(c) To run away.
(d) To talk to Sloop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
2. Which of the following would best describe Jack Reacher?
3. There are two men and a woman traveling separately in Chapter One. Who are they?
4. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
5. Who picks Jack up while he is hitchhiking?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)