|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
(a) To take her horse back riding.
(b) To find her mom.
(c) A goodnight kiss.
(d) To talk.
2. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
(a) Traveling the country.
(b) Serving in the army.
(c) Running from the law.
(d) Getting Married.
3. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
(c) None of the above.
4. Where does Bobby tell Reacher he will have to accompany Billy and Josh?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To get gas for the tractor.
(c) To look for Sloop.
(d) To get feed.
5. What is the Red House Ranch?
(a) The motel where Jack is staying.
(b) The Greer family home.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) None of the above.
6. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
(d) The maid.
7. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
(a) To talk to Sloop.
(b) To run away.
(c) To kill Sloop.
(d) Toi hide Ellie.
8. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) His car.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His clothes.
9. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
(a) He kills Sloop.
(b) He wants to be invited to lunch and dinner.
(c) He listens to Carmen.
(d) He does all the work.
10. Why does Carmen pick up Jack Reacher?
(a) She is attracted to him.
(b) She thinks she knows him.
(c) She thinks he will help her.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
11. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
(a) To watch Ellie.
(b) To stay.
(c) To sleep with her.
(d) To teach her how to shoot a gun.
12. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
(a) To milk the cows.
(b) To herd the sheep.
(c) To bring the big mare out saddled and ready to ride.
(d) All answers are correct.
13. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
(a) They stopped at the store.
(b) They quit.
(c) He killed them.
(d) They were arrested.
14. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
15. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Drag him in.
(b) Stroke his ego.
(c) Bribe him.
(d) Make him promises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
2. How do the killers kill their target?
3. What does Bobby tell Reacher about Carmen?
4. What does Reacher's experience tell him to do when he suspects he is in trouble?
5. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)