|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the watchers?
(a) They talk to Reacher.
(b) They are seen.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They continue watching.
2. Why is Carmen's husband in trouble with the law?
(d) Tax evasion.
3. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
(d) New York Mets.
4. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Stroke his ego.
(b) Make him promises.
(c) Drag him in.
(d) Bribe him.
5. What does Reacher agree to do after he leaves Carmen's bedroom?
(a) Sleep on the sofa.
(b) Sleep with her.
(c) Kill Sloop.
(d) Run away with Ellie.
6. How is Carmen feeling as Sloop's arrival nears?
7. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) To Bobby.
(b) To Sloop.
(c) To the police.
(d) In an ambulance.
8. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) At home.
(b) Running from the law.
(c) With his family.
(d) In jail.
9. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
(a) To look for Sloop.
(b) For a ride.
(c) Out for lunch.
(d) To get a drink.
10. Bobby tells Reacher that ______________wouldn't want him around Carmen and Ellie.
11. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The army.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A firefighter.
12. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
(c) Riding lessons.
(d) A wallet.
13. What is Carmen told when she first returns back to the Red House Ranch?
(a) Sloop's attorney is missing.
(b) Sloop has escaped.
(c) Sloop has been released.
(d) Sloop is dead.
14. Where do the three hired killers meet?
(a) The airport.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The Red House.
15. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) An anonymous truck driver.
(b) His father.
(c) The police.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
2. Where does Bobby tell Reacher he will have to accompany Billy and Josh?
3. What makes Reacher feel slightly inept?
4. Where is Jack when he meets Carmen?
5. What makes the errand Bobby wants Reacher to run with Billy and Josh seem fishy to Reacher?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)