|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
(c) All of the above.
2. What is Bobby planning to do that requires Reacher's help?
(a) Hunt from the car.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Look for Sloop.
(d) Go to the feed store.
3. What does Reacher agree to do after he leaves Carmen's bedroom?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Sleep on the sofa.
(c) Run away with Ellie.
(d) Kill Sloop.
4. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
(a) He killed them.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They stopped at the store.
(d) They quit.
5. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
(a) To look for Carmen.
(b) To milk the cows.
(c) To talk to Bobby.
(d) To figure out what is used to feed and water.
6. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) Running from the law.
(b) With his family.
(c) At home.
(d) In jail.
7. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
(a) Lead him to Sloop.
(b) Convince him not to return to the Red House Ranch.
(c) Tell him the truth about Carmen.
(d) Kill him.
8. Who is Ellie?
(a) Jack's girlfriend.
(b) Carmen's sister.
(c) Jack's daughter.
(d) Carmen's daughter.
9. Where is Jack when he meets Carmen?
10. What does Reacher think that Carmen should do about Sloop returning?
(a) Tell Bobby the truth.
(b) Leave before he gets there.
(c) Talk to Rusty.
(d) Kill him.
11. When Josh and Billy return in Chapter 6, they smell like ___________.
12. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Bobby.
(c) To Sloop.
(d) In an ambulance.
13. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
(a) Traveling the country.
(b) Getting Married.
(c) Running from the law.
(d) Serving in the army.
14. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
(d) The ranch hands.
15. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
(b) Riding lessons.
(c) A wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carmen told when she first returns back to the Red House Ranch?
2. Who helps Reacher with the test Bobby Greer gives him?
3. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
4. There are two men and a woman traveling separately in Chapter One. Who are they?
5. Where do the assassins hide their target's body?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)