|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) For him to fix something.
(b) To give him something.
(c) She is scared.
(d) To show him where she hid the pistol.
2. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Make him promises.
(b) Drag him in.
(c) Bribe him.
(d) Stroke his ego.
3. Who helps Reacher with the test Bobby Greer gives him?
(a) No one.
(b) The ranch hands.
4. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
(d) The ranch hands.
5. What does Reacher tell Carmen to do if Sloop tries anything?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Scream until everyone comes running.
(d) Lie to him.
6. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
(a) Help her run away.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Kill her husband.
7. What does Carmen want Reacher to do shortly after they meet?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Kill Sloop.
(c) Beat Sloop.
(d) Come with her to his family's home.
8. Why is Carmen's husband in trouble with the law?
(c) Tax evasion.
9. What is the Red House Ranch?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The motel where Jack is staying.
(d) The Greer family home.
10. What makes the errand Bobby wants Reacher to run with Billy and Josh seem fishy to Reacher?
(a) The tone of Bobby's voice.
(b) The look on Bobby's face.
(c) The storeroom is full of feed.
(d) It shouldn't take three of them.
11. When Josh and Billy return in Chapter 6, they smell like ___________.
12. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) A friend.
(b) The police.
(c) His father.
(d) An anonymous truck driver.
13. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) To the police.
(c) To Sloop.
(d) To Bobby.
14. Who is waiting for Carmen when she first arrives back at the Red House?
(d) The sheriff.
15. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
(a) "You, just wait!"
(b) "Wait until my brother gets here."
(c) "Where's Carmen?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Carmen feeling as Sloop's arrival nears?
2. Where is Jack when he meets Carmen?
3. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
4. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
5. Carmen tells Reacher to present himself as what to the family?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)