|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
(a) His long lost brother.
(b) A local police officer.
(c) His father.
(d) A friend.
2. What are the killers pretending to be while on their assignment to kill Sloop's lawyer?
(d) A family.
3. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The army.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A firefighter.
4. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
(a) Toi hide Ellie.
(b) To talk to Sloop.
(c) To run away.
(d) To kill Sloop.
5. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
(a) To teach her how to shoot a gun.
(b) To watch Ellie.
(c) To stay.
(d) To sleep with her.
6. Carmen tells Reacher to present himself as what to the family?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A wrangler.
(c) Her attorney.
(d) A friend.
7. How do the killers kill their target?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Drown him.
(d) Stab him.
8. What does Carmen use as an excuse not to go with the sheriff to get Sloop out of jail?
(a) Not feeling well.
9. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
(a) In the front seat.
(b) The trunk.
(c) They let him drive.
(d) In the back seat.
10. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
(a) The maid.
11. Where is Jack when he meets Carmen?
12. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
(c) New York Mets.
13. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
(a) Getting Married.
(b) Running from the law.
(c) Traveling the country.
(d) Serving in the army.
14. Who is Rusty Greer?
(a) Sloop's Mother.
(b) Sloop's Brother.
(c) Sloop's Sister.
(d) Sloop's Father.
15. What tells Reacher he is in trouble when he goes with Billy and Josh in Chapter 6?
(a) They are acting strange.
(b) They let him drive.
(c) They turn off the truck.
(d) They turn left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the watchers?
2. What does Reacher's experience tell him to do when he suspects he is in trouble?
3. What does Carmen offer to Reacher as payment for helping her out in her situation?
4. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
5. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)