|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Bobby.
(c) In an ambulance.
(d) To Sloop.
2. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) For him to fix something.
(b) She is scared.
(c) To give him something.
(d) To show him where she hid the pistol.
3. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) The police.
(b) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) An anonymous truck driver.
4. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
(a) Lead him to Sloop.
(b) Convince him not to return to the Red House Ranch.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Tell him the truth about Carmen.
5. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
(a) Out for lunch.
(b) For a ride.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) To look for Sloop.
6. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
(a) His long lost brother.
(b) A friend.
(c) His father.
(d) A local police officer.
7. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
(a) To look for Carmen.
(b) To milk the cows.
(c) To figure out what is used to feed and water.
(d) To talk to Bobby.
8. Carmen is married to _________________.
9. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
(a) Billy and Josh drinking.
(b) Carmen leaving with Reacher.
(c) Reacher's refusal to drive.
(d) Reacher being in the barn.
10. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
(a) His attitude.
(c) His being with Carmen.
(d) His appearance.
11. Where do Billy and Josh take Reacher in Chapter 7?
(a) San Angelo.
(b) Red House Ranch.
(c) Longhorn Lounge.
(d) Echo County.
12. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To fix something.
(b) She wanted to sleep with him.
(c) To show him where she had the pistol.
(d) To give him something.
13. When Josh and Billy return in Chapter 6, they smell like ___________.
14. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
(a) To sleep with her.
(b) To teach her how to shoot a gun.
(c) To stay.
(d) To watch Ellie.
15. Who is sitting on Reacher's bunk when he returns to the bunkhouse after Bobby Greer's test?
(c) Bobby Greer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
2. What makes the errand Bobby wants Reacher to run with Billy and Josh seem fishy to Reacher?
3. What does Reacher agree to do after he leaves Carmen's bedroom?
4. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
5. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)