|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
(a) Reacher being in the barn.
(b) Billy and Josh drinking.
(c) Carmen leaving with Reacher.
(d) Reacher's refusal to drive.
2. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
(a) To look for Carmen.
(b) To talk to Bobby.
(c) To figure out what is used to feed and water.
(d) To milk the cows.
3. Where does Bobby tell Reacher he will have to accompany Billy and Josh?
(a) To get feed.
(b) To look for Sloop.
(c) To get gas for the tractor.
(d) To the barn.
4. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) She wanted to sleep with him.
(b) To show him where she had the pistol.
(c) To fix something.
(d) To give him something.
5. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To show him where she hid the pistol.
(b) She is scared.
(c) To give him something.
(d) For him to fix something.
6. Why does Carmen pick up Jack Reacher?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) She thinks he will help her.
(d) She thinks she knows him.
7. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Make him promises.
(b) Drag him in.
(c) Bribe him.
(d) Stroke his ego.
8. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
(b) None of the above.
9. What does Bobby want Reacher to do on his first full day at the Red House Ranch?
(a) Mow the lawn.
(c) Feed the animals.
(d) Clean the stalls.
10. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
(a) They stopped at the store.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They quit.
(d) He killed them.
11. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
(a) To talk to Sloop.
(b) Toi hide Ellie.
(c) To run away.
(d) To kill Sloop.
12. What does Carmen offer to Reacher as payment for helping her out in her situation?
(d) Her child.
13. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
14. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
(a) To milk the cows.
(b) To herd the sheep.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To bring the big mare out saddled and ready to ride.
15. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) To the police.
(c) To Sloop.
(d) To Bobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
2. What does Reacher's experience tell him to do when he suspects he is in trouble?
3. Who is Rusty Greer?
4. Bobby tells Reacher that ______________wouldn't want him around Carmen and Ellie.
5. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)