|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
(c) The maid.
2. Which one of the assassins actually kills the target?
(a) The woman.
(b) The older man.
(c) All of them together.
(d) The younger man.
3. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
(b) The ranch hands.
4. Where is Jack when he meets Carmen?
5. What does Reacher's experience tell him to do when he suspects he is in trouble?
(a) Strike first and hard.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Give them what they want.
(d) Run away.
6. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) The army.
(d) A firefighter.
7. What does Bobby not like about Reacher?
(a) His attitude.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His being with Carmen.
8. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
(a) They let him drive.
(b) In the back seat.
(c) In the front seat.
(d) The trunk.
9. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
(a) To herd the sheep.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To bring the big mare out saddled and ready to ride.
10. What is Jack doing with his life when this story begins?
(a) Running from the law.
(b) Serving in the army.
(c) Getting Married.
(d) Traveling the country.
11. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
(a) They stopped at the store.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They quit.
(d) He killed them.
12. What is the Red House Ranch?
(a) The motel where Jack is staying.
(b) The Greer family home.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) None of the above.
13. What does Reacher make Carmen promise when Sloop returns to the ranch?
(a) To run away.
(b) To talk to Sloop.
(c) To kill Sloop.
(d) Toi hide Ellie.
14. What makes the errand Bobby wants Reacher to run with Billy and Josh seem fishy to Reacher?
(a) It shouldn't take three of them.
(b) The storeroom is full of feed.
(c) The tone of Bobby's voice.
(d) The look on Bobby's face.
15. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Carmen is married to _________________.
2. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
3. Why does Reacher attach a condition to Bobby's breakfast?
4. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
5. What does Ellie want when she comes out to the bunkhouse?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)