|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
2. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) At home.
(b) With his family.
(c) Running from the law.
(d) In jail.
3. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
(a) To look for Sloop.
(b) To get a drink.
(c) Out for lunch.
(d) For a ride.
4. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
(a) None of the above.
5. What happens to the watchers?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They talk to Reacher.
(c) They continue watching.
(d) They are seen.
6. Who is waiting for Carmen when she first arrives back at the Red House?
(b) The sheriff.
7. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) An anonymous truck driver.
(b) A friend.
(c) His father.
(d) The police.
8. What size of a man is Reacher?
(a) Extra large.
9. What are the only real weapons that Reacher notices where Josh and Billy take him?
(a) Pool cues.
(b) Baseball bats.
10. Who is Rusty Greer?
(a) Sloop's Brother.
(b) Sloop's Mother.
(c) Sloop's Sister.
(d) Sloop's Father.
11. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
(a) A wallet.
(c) Riding lessons.
12. Who turned Sloop in to the IRS?
(a) His employer.
(b) His father.
13. Why does Carmen pick up Jack Reacher?
(a) She thinks he will help her.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) She is attracted to him.
(d) She thinks she knows him.
14. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
(a) A friend.
(b) His father.
(c) A local police officer.
(d) His long lost brother.
15. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Drag him in.
(b) Stroke his ego.
(c) Make him promises.
(d) Bribe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher think that Carmen should do about Sloop returning?
2. Why does Reacher attach a condition to Bobby's breakfast?
3. Which one of the assassins actually kills the target?
4. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
5. What makes the errand Bobby wants Reacher to run with Billy and Josh seem fishy to Reacher?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)