|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
(a) They stopped at the store.
(b) He killed them.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They quit.
2. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) A friend.
(b) The police.
(c) His father.
(d) An anonymous truck driver.
3. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
(a) Reacher's refusal to drive.
(b) Carmen leaving with Reacher.
(c) Billy and Josh drinking.
(d) Reacher being in the barn.
4. What does Reacher agree to do after he leaves Carmen's bedroom?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Run away with Ellie.
(c) Sleep on the sofa.
(d) Kill Sloop.
5. What conditions does Reacher attach to giving Bobby breakfast?
(a) He wants to be invited to lunch and dinner.
(b) He does all the work.
(c) He kills Sloop.
(d) He listens to Carmen.
6. What is Carmen told when she first returns back to the Red House Ranch?
(a) Sloop has escaped.
(b) Sloop's attorney is missing.
(c) Sloop has been released.
(d) Sloop is dead.
7. What reason did Carmen give for taking Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To give him something.
(b) She is scared.
(c) For him to fix something.
(d) To show him where she hid the pistol.
8. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
(a) The maid.
9. What does Carmen want Reacher to do shortly after they meet?
(a) Kill Sloop.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Come with her to his family's home.
(d) Beat Sloop.
10. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
(c) The ranch hands.
11. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
(a) To look for Sloop.
(b) Out for lunch.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) For a ride.
12. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
(a) Lied to her.
(b) Left her.
(c) Cheated on her.
(d) Beat her.
13. Why does Carmen feel the way she does about Sloop's return from prison?
(a) He knows she turned him in.
(b) She wants him to see how big Ellie is now.
(c) She doesn't want him to meet Reacher.
(d) She loves him.
14. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A firefighter.
(c) The army.
(d) A doctor.
15. Why does Carmen pick up Jack Reacher?
(a) She thinks she knows him.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) She thinks he will help her.
(d) She is attracted to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size of a man is Reacher?
2. Why is Carmen's husband in trouble with the law?
3. What is Bobby planning to do that requires Reacher's help?
4. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
5. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)