|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
2. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
(d) The assassins.
3. What does Reacher think that Carmen should do about Sloop returning?
(a) Leave before he gets there.
(b) Talk to Rusty.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Tell Bobby the truth.
4. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To fix something.
(b) To show him where she had the pistol.
(c) She wanted to sleep with him.
(d) To give him something.
5. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
(d) None of the above.
6. Who is waiting for Reacher when he returns from tucking Ellie in?
(a) The ranch hands.
7. Who are Billy and Josh?
(a) Friends of Carmen.
(b) Sloop's brother.
(c) Carmen's sons.
(d) Ranch hands.
8. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
(a) To teach her how to shoot a gun.
(b) To watch Ellie.
(c) To stay.
(d) To sleep with her.
9. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
(c) Josh and Billy.
10. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
(a) The trunk.
(b) They let him drive.
(c) In the back seat.
(d) In the front seat.
11. Where does Bobby tell Reacher he will have to accompany Billy and Josh?
(a) To look for Sloop.
(b) To get feed.
(c) To get gas for the tractor.
(d) To the barn.
12. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
(a) A wallet.
(b) Riding lessons.
13. Who cooks breakfast for Carmen?
(d) The maid.
14. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
(a) His shoes.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) His car.
(d) His clothes.
15. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) To herd the sheep.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To bring the big mare out saddled and ready to ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carmen's husband in trouble with the law?
2. Why does Reacher attach a condition to Bobby's breakfast?
3. Which one of the assassins actually kills the target?
4. Jack agrees to listen to Carmen as long as he gets ___________.
5. Who is Rusty Greer?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)