|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turned Sloop in to the IRS?
(a) His father.
(d) His employer.
2. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
(a) His shoes.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His car.
3. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
(a) Help her run away.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill her husband.
4. What is Bobby not happy about in Chapter 6?
(a) Carmen leaving with Reacher.
(b) Reacher's refusal to drive.
(c) Billy and Josh drinking.
(d) Reacher being in the barn.
5. What "test" does Bobby Greer give Reacher to prove his ability on a farm?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) To milk the cows.
(c) To bring the big mare out saddled and ready to ride.
(d) To herd the sheep.
6. What tells Reacher he is in trouble when he goes with Billy and Josh in Chapter 6?
(a) They are acting strange.
(b) They turn left.
(c) They let him drive.
(d) They turn off the truck.
7. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
(a) They stopped at the store.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) He killed them.
(d) They quit.
8. Which of the following would best describe Jack Reacher?
(a) Social butterfly.
(b) Friends with everyone.
(c) Has a few close friends.
(d) A loner.
9. What size of a man is Reacher?
(a) Extra large.
10. What kind of car do the killers rent?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A cargo van.
(c) A Crown Victoria.
(d) A convertible.
11. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
(c) None of the above.
12. What does Carmen want Reacher to do shortly after they meet?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Come with her to his family's home.
(c) Kill Sloop.
(d) Beat Sloop.
13. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) She wanted to sleep with him.
(b) To give him something.
(c) To fix something.
(d) To show him where she had the pistol.
14. What does Reacher think that Carmen should do about Sloop returning?
(a) Leave before he gets there.
(b) Talk to Rusty.
(c) Tell Bobby the truth.
(d) Kill him.
15. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) Running from the law.
(b) At home.
(c) With his family.
(d) In jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reacher attach a condition to Bobby's breakfast?
2. Who goes with the sheriff to get Sloop when he is released from jail?
3. Where does Billy announce that Reacher will be going shortly?
4. Carmen believes the watchers were sent by __________.
5. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)