|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To show him where she had the pistol.
(b) To give him something.
(c) She wanted to sleep with him.
(d) To fix something.
2. When Reacher returns to the ranch, what does he tell Bobby about Billy and Josh?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They quit.
(c) He killed them.
(d) They stopped at the store.
3. Readers learn Carmen's husband is __________.
(a) In jail.
(b) Running from the law.
(c) With his family.
(d) At home.
4. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
(a) To talk to Bobby.
(b) To look for Carmen.
(c) To milk the cows.
(d) To figure out what is used to feed and water.
5. Who picks Jack up while he is hitchhiking?
(b) The police.
6. What are the only real weapons that Reacher notices where Josh and Billy take him?
(a) Baseball bats.
(d) Pool cues.
7. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
(a) The woman.
(c) The older man.
(d) The younger man.
8. What makes Reacher feel slightly inept?
(a) His mistakes.
(b) Carmen's ability to saddle the horses.
(c) Ellie's knowledge.
(d) Bobby's attitude toward him.
9. How do the killers kill their target?
(a) Stab him.
(b) Drown him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Beat him.
10. Why does Carmen feel the way she does about Sloop's return from prison?
(a) She doesn't want him to meet Reacher.
(b) He knows she turned him in.
(c) She wants him to see how big Ellie is now.
(d) She loves him.
11. With whom is Reacher involved in a confrontation in Chapter 1?
(a) A friend.
(b) A local police officer.
(c) His father.
(d) His long lost brother.
12. Carmen is married to _________________.
13. Who is Ellie?
(a) Carmen's sister.
(b) Carmen's daughter.
(c) Jack's daughter.
(d) Jack's girlfriend.
14. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Help her run away.
15. Who are Billy and Josh?
(a) Sloop's brother.
(b) Friends of Carmen.
(c) Carmen's sons.
(d) Ranch hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen promise Reacher in return for what she wants from Reacher?
2. What is imprinted on the baseball cap the killers wear?
3. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
4. Which of the following would best describe Jack Reacher?
5. What is the Red House Ranch?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)