|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
(c) The assassins.
2. What career path did Jack Reacher follow?
(a) The army.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A firefighter.
(d) A teacher.
3. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) The police.
(b) A friend.
(c) An anonymous truck driver.
(d) His father.
4. What do the Ranch hands first notice about Reacher when he arrives on the Ranch?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His car.
(c) His shoes.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. What does Bobby say when he comes out of the barn to shower and clean up for Sloop's return?
(a) "Wait until my brother gets here."
(b) "Where's Carmen?"
(c) "You, just wait!"
6. What does Carmen offer to Reacher as payment for helping her out in her situation?
(d) Her child.
7. There are two men and a woman traveling separately in Chapter One. Who are they?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Jack's family.
(d) Hired killers.
8. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
(a) Out for lunch.
(b) To look for Sloop.
(c) For a ride.
(d) To get a drink.
9. What does Carmen want Reacher to do after she shares her story with him?
(a) Help her run away.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Call the police.
10. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
(a) To arrest Reacher.
(b) To tell that Sloop is being released in the morning.
(c) To arrest Bobby.
(d) They found the watchers' bodies.
11. Of the group in Question Six, which is the leader?
(a) The older man.
(b) The woman.
(d) The younger man.
12. Who is Ellie?
(a) Carmen's daughter.
(b) Jack's girlfriend.
(c) Carmen's sister.
(d) Jack's daughter.
13. When Josh and Billy return in Chapter 6, they smell like ___________.
14. Carmen tells Reacher to present himself as what to the family?
(a) Her attorney.
(b) A wrangler.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A friend.
15. Who disrupts Reacher's sleep on his first night at the Red House Ranch?
(d) Josh and Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only real weapons that Reacher notices where Josh and Billy take him?
2. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
3. What kind of car do the killers rent?
4. What are the killers pretending to be while on their assignment to kill Sloop's lawyer?
5. Where do Billy and Josh take Reacher in Chapter 7?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)