|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carmen ask Reacher while in the bunkhouse?
(a) To stay.
(b) To watch Ellie.
(c) To teach her how to shoot a gun.
(d) To sleep with her.
2. What are Billy and Josh out to do with Reacher at the Longhorn Lounge?
(a) Tell him the truth about Carmen.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Lead him to Sloop.
(d) Convince him not to return to the Red House Ranch.
3. How do the killers convince their target to get in their car?
(a) Stroke his ego.
(b) Drag him in.
(c) Bribe him.
(d) Make him promises.
4. Reacher wishes he had waited for a ride from __________.
(a) A friend.
(b) His father.
(c) The police.
(d) An anonymous truck driver.
5. What is one thing that is important to Jack:?
(c) None of the above.
6. Why is the sheriff at the ranch when Reacher returns?
(a) They found the watchers' bodies.
(b) To tell that Sloop is being released in the morning.
(c) To arrest Bobby.
(d) To arrest Reacher.
7. What is the Red House Ranch?
(a) The motel where Jack is staying.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The Greer family home.
(d) None of the above.
8. What does Bobby want Reacher to do on his first full day at the Red House Ranch?
(a) Mow the lawn.
(c) Feed the animals.
(d) Clean the stalls.
9. Where does Bobby tell Reacher he will have to accompany Billy and Josh?
(a) To get feed.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To get gas for the tractor.
(d) To look for Sloop.
10. Where in the car do the killers put their target?
(a) In the front seat.
(b) In the back seat.
(c) They let him drive.
(d) The trunk.
11. Where do the three hired killers meet?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Red House.
12. Where does Billy go after they order their beer in Chapter 7?
(a) To the restroom.
(b) To make a phone call.
(c) To the truck.
(d) To talk to a friend.
13. Where do Billy and Josh take Reacher in Chapter 7?
(a) Longhorn Lounge.
(b) San Angelo.
(c) Echo County.
(d) Red House Ranch.
14. Why does Reacher go to the barn when he wakes early?
(a) To talk to Bobby.
(b) To milk the cows.
(c) To figure out what is used to feed and water.
(d) To look for Carmen.
15. What is the real reason Carmen took Reacher to her bedroom?
(a) To give him something.
(b) She wanted to sleep with him.
(c) To fix something.
(d) To show him where she had the pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Billy and Josh tell Reacher they are going before the feed store?
2. There are two men and a woman traveling separately in Chapter One. Who are they?
3. What does Carmen tell Reacher that her husband has done to her?
4. What tells Reacher he is in trouble when he goes with Billy and Josh in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 7, Reacher and Bobby have an interaction, and Reacher takes the upper hand. Who is watching this exchange?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)