|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
2. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
3. What does Charlie do at the bonfire that makes Ish worry about him more?
4. How do the men move the wagons when they decide to travel somewhere?
5. Who keeps a house full of appliances that don't work?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Ish feels personally responsible for the fate of civilization?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Ish is determined just to be the observer, someone who watches what becomes of civilization. How do you think this attitude affects the way things develop and his life in general? Do you think that he stays true to this decision throughout the entire story? Why or why not? Please supply evidence from the book for you answer.
Essay Topic 3
After the first few chapters of the book, Ish begins collecting companions. Each one interacts with, and affects, Ish in a number of different ways. What effect do the people in Ish's life have on him and his plans? What do the interactions between these people say about Ish, and how did their influences affect the outcome of the story?
This section contains 1,353 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)