Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
2. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
3. What does Charlie do at the bonfire that makes Ish worry about him more?
4. How do the men move the wagons when they decide to travel somewhere?
5. Who keeps a house full of appliances that don't work?
Essay Topic 1
Based on class discussions and your own research, what factors in society might have influenced George R. Stewart to write Earth Abides? What are some basic points that the author is trying to get across? What could have prompted the author to feel the need to address a particular issue, and what are his conclusions on the issue?
Essay Topic 2
After the first 22 years, Ish suggests, during one of the tribe's meetings, that an expedition be sent out to find other people. The younger generation, including Ish's own sons, decide that Ish and other members of the older generation cannot go for various reasons. What is significant about this event?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Ish notices that, even though the rest of the city has burned, the university library is still intact. What is the significance of the library's survival?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)