Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
2. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
3. What does Charlie do at the bonfire that makes Ish worry about him more?
4. How do the men move the wagons when they decide to travel somewhere?
5. Who keeps a house full of appliances that don't work?
Essay Topic 1
In the first six chapters of the book, Ish notices that there are certain animals that cannot live without man, while there are others who seem to adapt after awhile. The author makes several comments about these animals throughout the remainder of the book. Do you think that the author is really, in a sense, talking about mankind? If so, what is he saying? If not, what point do you think the author is trying to emphasize?
Essay Topic 2
At one point, Ish realizes that the children have come to view him as a sort of deity, and that they attach a superstitious meaning to his hammer. Was Ish truly interested in preventing his deification? What effects will his teaching on these subjects, or lack of teaching, have on future generations and the development of civilization?
Essay Topic 3
After the first 22 years, Ish suggests, during one of the tribe's meetings, that an expedition be sent out to find other people. The younger generation, including Ish's own sons, decide that Ish and other members of the older generation cannot go for various reasons. What is significant about this event?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)