|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Bob and Dick finally find on their expedition?
2. After the boys return home from traveling east, what animal does Ish ask the boys if they have seen?
3. Whose death causes Ish to be very depressed?
4. What do the men build after their way of life changes, in order to maintain cleanliness?
5. What does Ezra think Charlie has with him?
Essay Topic 1
Several times throughout the text, the author makes a point to show Ish finding places that were once inhabited by Indian tribes and other indigenous people. When Ish and Em start to mark out the time, they do it in the same place, and almost in the same fashion, as ancient peoples. How is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
How is it significant that Ish said that he would never be a god, but in the end, he becomes a god to his people? Do you think Ish could have prevented this? What was it about his own behavior that caused Ish's life to turn out differently than he planned?
Essay Topic 3
When visiting the city where he meets Milt and Ann, Ish reflects that Americans think it is the center of the world. He thinks about what happened to everyone there, and to the world at large, and he thinks of the phrase, "Falls Rome, falls the world." Why do you think Ish is making a comparison between Rome and the city? What does this comparison mean?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)