Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
2. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
3. What does Charlie do at the bonfire that makes Ish worry about him more?
4. How do the men move the wagons when they decide to travel somewhere?
5. Who keeps a house full of appliances that don't work?
Essay Topic 1
In the first six chapters of the book, Ish notices that there are certain animals that cannot live without man, while there are others who seem to adapt after awhile. The author makes several comments about these animals throughout the remainder of the book. Do you think that the author is really, in a sense, talking about mankind? If so, what is he saying? If not, what point do you think the author is trying to emphasize?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Ish feels personally responsible for the fate of civilization?
Essay Topic 3
Several times throughout the text, the author makes a point to show Ish finding places that were once inhabited by Indian tribes and other indigenous people. When Ish and Em start to mark out the time, they do it in the same place, and almost in the same fashion, as ancient peoples. How is this significant?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)