Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
2. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
3. What does Charlie do at the bonfire that makes Ish worry about him more?
4. How do the men move the wagons when they decide to travel somewhere?
5. Who keeps a house full of appliances that don't work?
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the story, Ish is referred to as a person who doesn't do well in social gatherings. Later in the book, Ish decides that he is, ironically, happier than he would have been if things had been normal, but still, he never seems satisfied that civilization hasn't returned to the way it was before. Why do you think Ish never seems to be satisfied? How do you think this affects him, and the fate of the people who look up to him?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Ish is determined just to be the observer, someone who watches what becomes of civilization. How do you think this attitude affects the way things develop and his life in general? Do you think that he stays true to this decision throughout the entire story? Why or why not? Please supply evidence from the book for you answer.
Essay Topic 3
It is obvious, throughout the book, that Ish is a thinker and an observer. He comes up with many ideas about what needs to be done and conveys them to the other people around him, but he never seems to put his plans into action. Why do you think he acts this way? What point do you think the author may be trying to show through Ish's behavior?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)