|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature of Charlie's makes Ish really dislike him?
(a) His scraggly beard.
(b) His pig eyes.
(c) His height.
(d) His bald head.
2. Where did the boys find Charlie?
(a) In Sacramento.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) In Phoenix.
3. What city did Bob and Dick finally find on their expedition?
(b) New York.
4. When Ish explains the expedition route to the boys, what name do they have a hard time understanding?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Rio Grande.
5. What does Ish teach the children to make after the plague that kills several in the Tribe?
(b) Wheel spokes.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the children afraid of the hammer?
2. What does Ish fear that Charlie might take from him?
3. What is Em most concerned about in regard to Charlie?
4. What medicine does Ish give to the first sick person after Charlie's death?
5. Who, besides Ish, keeps track of the time of the year with a calendar?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)