|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do the children see for the first time in Year Nineteen?
(a) An elk.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A deer.
(d) A fox.
2. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
(a) A god.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A leader.
3. Who rescued Evie when she was living alone?
4. What does Em think of Princess?
(a) She wants to keep her for herself.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) That she needs to stay somewhere else.
(d) She can't stand her.
5. Out of all the people Ish finds at first, which of these is the most friendly?
(a) The hermit.
(b) The little girl.
(c) The former lawyer.
(d) The couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Year Nine, (The Year of the Deaths) what causes almost everyone to become ill?
2. When Ish drives to a certain building after finding out Em is pregnant, how does he manage to get inside?
3. When Ish arrives in a certain city in the east, ending his trip to that side of the country, what impresses him the most about the city?
4. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted they name Year Ten after it?
5. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Em start crying when she tells Ish about her pregnancy?
2. How does Ish feel after he finally discovers what has happened to everyone?
3. What was the significance of Ish taking the hammer with him to meet Charlie instead of another weapon?
4. What event at the end of Chapter 5 both frightens and saddens Ish?
5. Who does Ish think is his last companion?
6. When visiting the library, what does Joey ask Ish about restoring? What does he see that causes him to ask the question?
7. Why does Jack think that some of the arrowhead materials are better than others?
8. Do Ish's own children think of Evie the same way that he does?
9. When Ish goes to the library, he chooses two books to take home with him. Why do you think he chose these particular titles?
10. What day of the year do Ish and Em choose to be their New Year's Day? Why?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)