Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Em tell Ish not to worry about before she dies?
(a) The children.
(b) Her burial.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Rebuilding the reservoir.
2. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
(a) Building defenses against the animals.
(b) Domesticating the animals.
(c) Killing as many of the animals as possible.
(d) Calculating how many of this type of animal are in the city.
3. After Ish and Em come together, something happens that makes Ish panic, but Em turns it into a game. What happens?
(a) Em trips and hurts herself.
(b) Princess disappears.
(c) The car won't start.
(d) Ish loses his watch.
4. On his way back to the city, Ish breaks into a fine home. What does he do while he is there?
(a) Listens to a voice on the radio.
(b) Makes himself breakfast.
(c) Empties the jewelry cabinet.
(d) Stays for several nights.
5. When Ish decides to take a cross-country trip, what is the reason he decides to go?
(a) To find his parents.
(b) To find a friend he hopes survived.
(c) To find a safer place to live.
(d) To find other survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
2. In the second Quick Years, how does Ish predict the weather for the younger men?
3. What type of animal begins to invade the city after Ish and Em find one another?
4. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
5. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Richard and Robert chosen for the expedition instead of the other men?
2. What is the author trying to illustrate when he shows how the young men treat Ish if he doesn't answer questions?
3. When visiting the library, what does Joey ask Ish about restoring? What does he see that causes him to ask the question?
4. How does the Tribe see Ish?
5. How is it significant that many of the people do not sleep in the same location that Ish does?
6. Who gave Isherwood his name, and why?
7. What did Ezra do to test Charlie about his vest?
8. Why hasn't Ish ever noticed how beautiful Evie is?
9. Are the other Tribe members as dedicated to education as Ish is? Why or why not?
10. Is it significant that the author shows all the dependent ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¨animals dying first? If so, how is it significant?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)