|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
2. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
(a) A survivor.
(b) A god.
(c) A leader.
(d) A murderer.
3. After Ish and Em come together, something happens that makes Ish panic, but Em turns it into a game. What happens?
(a) The car won't start.
(b) Em trips and hurts herself.
(c) Ish loses his watch.
(d) Princess disappears.
4. How does the Tribe mark Em's grave?
(a) With a colorful bottle.
(b) With flowers and a wooden sign.
(c) With a picture.
(d) They don't.
5. When Ish decides to take a cross-country trip, what is the reason he decides to go?
(a) To find other survivors.
(b) To find a friend he hopes survived.
(c) To find his parents.
(d) To find a safer place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event affects the house of Ish's neighbor that Ish refuses to fix?
2. In the second Quick Years, how does Ish predict the weather for the younger men?
3. What does Em think of Princess?
4. When Ish stays with the couple that he meets in the eastern city, he finds they will not leave. Why does Ish think they won't leave?
5. What does Ish call himself toward the end of the Quick Years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Richard and Robert chosen for the expedition instead of the other men?
2. What event at the end of Chapter 5 both frightens and saddens Ish?
3. What day of the year do Ish and Em choose to be their New Year's Day? Why?
4. Are the other Tribe members as dedicated to education as Ish is? Why or why not?
5. What does the author mean when he talks about certain crops and mankind being interdependent? Is he trying to make a larger statement?
6. Does Ish put too much emphasis on above-average intelligence ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¨instead of other qualities?
7. When visiting the library, what does Joey ask Ish about restoring? What does he see that causes him to ask the question?
8. What do you think of how Ish paid for the food he received from the family in Arkansas? Was it a fair exchange?
9. What is the author trying to illustrate when he shows how the young men treat Ish if he doesn't answer questions?
10. Is the Tribe well organized? Why or why not?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)