|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
(a) Find medicine.
(b) Stay away.
(c) Read books about it.
(d) Provide hot water and clean sheets.
2. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
3. Who rescued Evie when she was living alone?
4. What event affects the house of Ish's neighbor that Ish refuses to fix?
(a) Ish wrecking his car.
(b) An electrical fire.
(c) A severe storm.
(d) A clogged drain.
5. What does Ish find when he arrives home after his trip to the east coast?
(a) Someone has been in his home.
(b) His door is broken.
(c) His note is untouched.
(d) His parents left him a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Ish ends his trip to the east?
2. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
3. What instrument does Ish play in the "Year We Sang"?
4. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
5. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Tribe see Ish?
2. Would Ish like any man that the boys brought back? Why or why not?
3. What event at the end of Chapter 5 both frightens and saddens Ish?
4. How is it significant that many of the people do not sleep in the same location that Ish does?
5. What was different about the bodies that Ish saw in the dry, Arizona town?
6. Has following Ish thorough the different stages of his life given you a better understanding of why elderly people like to just sit and talk? Why?
7. When visiting the library, what does Joey ask Ish about restoring? What does he see that causes him to ask the question?
8. What realization makes Ish feel humble beside Em? What does he finally understand?
9. Why do Ish's feelings about the execution seem to be very different than the feelings of the others?
10. Is the Tribe well organized? Why or why not?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)