|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While living alone, what book does Ish begin reading that makes him uneasy?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) Arabian Nights.
2. In Year Nine, (The Year of the Deaths) what causes almost everyone to
(a) Contaminated water.
(b) A visitor.
(c) A rat infestation.
(d) Rotten food.
3. Why does Ish worry about being with Em at first?
(a) She is older than he is.
(b) She seems to have mental problems.
(c) She might have a hidden sickness.
(d) She doesn't seem to like him, she just wants a companion.
4. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
(a) She shows him old pictures of her family.
(b) She shows him how hard it is to work the garden alone.
(c) She lights a match and blows it out.
(d) She digs the roots out of a rose bush.
5. What does Em think of Princess?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) She can't stand her.
(c) That she needs to stay somewhere else.
(d) She wants to keep her for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his trip back to his hometown from the east coast, Ish has to drive a long way around something. What causes Ish to detour?
2. In Year Eleven, Molly is the first person to have this happen to her:
3. During the second Quick Years, what plant does the Tribe manage to grow?
4. In Year Five, the people create a "national pastime" out of avoiding what type of animal?
5. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. When visiting the library, what does Joey ask Ish about restoring? What does he see that causes him to ask the question?
2. What do you think of how Ish paid for the food he received from the family in Arkansas? Was it a fair exchange?
3. In Chapter 4, the author says this of Milt and Ann that they would "pay the penalty which in the history of the world, he knew, had always been inflicted upon organisms which specialized too highly." What do you think the author means by this statement? How has the author shown the same principle already in the text?
4. Why does Em start crying when she tells Ish about her pregnancy?
5. Do Ish's own children think of Evie the same way that he does?
6. Does Ish seem to treat Joey differently than everyone else? Why or why not?
7. What did Ezra do to test Charlie about his vest?
8. How does the Tribe see Ish?
9. How is it significant that many of the people do not sleep in the same location that Ish does?
10. How does Ish feel after he finally discovers what has happened to ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¨everyone?ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¨
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)