|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Em think of Princess?
(a) She can't stand her.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) She wants to keep her for herself.
(d) That she needs to stay somewhere else.
2. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A goat.
3. During the Quick Years, the community tries to start a church. From what "church" does Maurine think Ish gets his ideas?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Methodist Church.
(c) The Church of Christ.
(d) The Skeptic Church.
4. In Year Sixteen, what do Mary and Ralph decide to do?
(a) Go look for other people.
(b) Get married.
(c) Start a new village.
(d) Run away from home.
5. How does Ish first find out about the virus?
(a) A thief.
(b) A crackling radio station.
(c) A handwritten note on a body.
(d) A newspaper headline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
2. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
3. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
4. While Ish is traveling to the east coast, he kills an animal, eating its liver afterward. What kind of animal does Ish kill?
5. Who rescued Evie when she was living alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think of how Ish paid for the food he received from the family in Arkansas? Was it a fair exchange?
2. Why does Ish worry so much about Evie's state?
3. How does Ish feel after he finally discovers what has happened to everyone?
4. Who does Ish think is his last companion?
5. Does Ish put too much emphasis on above-average intelligence instead of other qualities?
6. Are the other Tribe members as dedicated to education as Ish is? Why or why not?
7. How is it significant that many of the people do not sleep in the same location that Ish does?
8. Why is Ish so concerned about finding people who can "fix" civilization?
9. Jack tells Ish about how they have found great quantities of a certain object, all of which have different pictures. Can you name one of the people in the pictures?
10. How does the Tribe see Ish?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)