|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
(a) People are hiding in the courthouse.
(b) His car is making a strange noise.
(c) An unfriendly, dirty man is yellilng at him.
(d) All the people are gone.
2. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
(a) A dead body.
(b) Two children, walking alone.
(c) A burning building.
(d) A blinking road sign.
3. Why do Em and Ish decide to keep Princess in the house during the infestation?
(a) For protection.
(b) Because they're afraid she will run away.
(c) Because they have seen a strange man who won't speak with them.
(d) Because of something that Ish finds.
4. What vegetable does Ish grow in his garden in Year Two of the Quick Years?
5. Who does Ish meet when he is loading up his station wagon for his cross-country trip?
(a) An angry crowd.
(b) A dog.
(c) A woman who asks to accompany him.
(d) A crazy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insects invade Ish's home while he is living alone?
2. What does Em think of Princess?
3. When Ish drives to a certain building after finding out Em is pregnant, how does he manage to get inside?
4. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
5. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ish worry so much about Evie's state?
2. What tradition does Em begin when they carve the year into the rock?
3. What did Ezra do to test Charlie about his vest?
4. Does Ish put too much emphasis on above-average intelligence instead of other qualities?
5. Who does Ish think is his last companion?
6. Why hasn't Ish ever noticed how beautiful Evie is?
7. What is notable about how Ish acts on his trip home?
8. What purpose do funeral rites serve, according to the author?
9. What is one good reason why the Tribe should merge with the other tribe?
10. Why does Ish run away from the column of smoke?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)