|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event affects the house of Ish's neighbor that Ish refuses to fix?
(a) Ish wrecking his car.
(b) A severe storm.
(c) A clogged drain.
(d) An electrical fire.
2. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A chronograph.
(b) A dirty calendar.
(c) A surveyor's transit.
(d) A compass and a watch.
3. During the Quick Years, the community tries to start a church. From what "church" does Maurine think Ish gets his ideas?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Church of Christ.
(c) The Methodist Church.
(d) The Skeptic Church.
4. How does the Tribe mark Em's grave?
(a) With flowers and a wooden sign.
(b) With a picture.
(c) With a colorful bottle.
(d) They don't.
5. After Ish and Em come together, something happens that makes Ish panic, but Em turns it into a game. What happens?
(a) Ish loses his watch.
(b) Princess disappears.
(c) Em trips and hurts herself.
(d) The car won't start.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
2. What animal do the children see for the first time in Year Nineteen?
3. What instrument does Ish play in the "Year We Sang"?
4. What does Em tell Ish not to worry about before she dies?
5. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Tribe see Ish?
2. Do Ish's own children think of Evie the same way that he does?
3. Why are Bob and Dick so eager to use a brick to smash the door instead of the hammer?
4. Why do you think the group wouldn't allow Evie to have children?
5. What event at the end of Chapter 5 both frightens and saddens Ish?
6. Why do Ish's feelings about the execution seem to be very different than the feelings of the others?
7. Why does Ish worry so much about Evie's state?
8. Who gave Isherwood his name, and why?
9. Why is Ish so concerned about finding people ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¨who can "fix" civilization?
10. Where did the Tribe bury Charlie?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)