|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the funeral of the Tribe members who died, what occurs that is considered to be a positive symbol?
(a) A bird lands between the graves.
(b) The clouds clear away.
(c) The sun comes up.
(d) A rainbow appears.
2. When illness spreads through the Tribe after Charlie's death, what insect does Ish notice is still common?
3. During the expedition, what city were the boys near when they decided to turn back?
(b) Des Moines.
4. What feature of Charlie's makes Ish really dislike him?
(a) His bald head.
(b) His pig eyes.
(c) His height.
(d) His scraggly beard.
5. When Ish explains the expedition route to the boys, what name do they have a hard time understanding?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) Rio Grande.
6. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
(a) They shut their gates.
(b) They threw stones at them.
(c) They tried to invite them in.
(d) They brought them food.
7. Who does Ish notice among the children who he believes can "supply the spark"?
8. Who do the children say made the world?
(b) Old Man Coyote.
(d) The Americans.
9. What do the children use the old cars for?
(a) To hide from lions.
(d) Storage bins.
10. What do the children place over the graves of those who died of the sickness?
(a) Pine boughs.
(b) Colorful glass.
11. In a faraway city, what object did Bob and Dick find in a store that helped them on their journey?
(a) An axe.
(b) A compass.
(c) A barometer.
(d) A crow-bar.
12. While sitting on the hill, what does Ish see that represents civilization to him?
(a) His home.
(b) The bridge.
(d) The library.
13. How do the people decide to execute Charlie?
(a) By throwing him from a cliff.
(b) By shooting.
(c) By poison.
(d) By hanging.
14. What medicine does Ish give to the first sick person after Charlie's death?
(c) Cough medicine.
15. Who keeps a house full of appliances that don't work?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of Charlie, who is the first person to feel sick?
2. Who, besides Ish, keeps track of the time of the year with a calendar?
3. What does Ish fear that Charlie might take from him?
4. Where do the older people gather for meetings?
5. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)