|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the boys find Charlie?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) In Phoenix.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In Sacramento.
2. What disease does Ish think has spread throughout the community after Charlie's death?
3. When illness spreads through the Tribe after Charlie's death, what insect does Ish notice is still common?
4. As the result of an experiment, in what condition do a few of the younger generation, including Joey, return from a trip into the city?
5. Why are the children afraid of the hammer?
(a) Because it is an object for grown-ups.
(b) Because they are superstitious.
(c) Because Joey told them it is evil.
(d) Because Ish has a temper.
6. What is in the card box that the boys brought back from their expedition?
(a) An unusual insect.
(c) A ring.
7. Where do the older people gather for meetings?
(a) Near the calendar rock.
(b) In Ish's living room.
(c) In Ish's front yard.
(d) Out in the street.
8. What city did Bob and Dick finally find on their expedition?
(a) New York.
9. Who, besides Ish, keeps track of the time of the year with a calendar?
10. What does Ish do after his confrontation with Charlie on the hill?
(a) He goes to the library.
(b) He calls a meeting.
(c) He writes a letter.
(d) He runs away.
11. How do the people decide to execute Charlie?
(a) By poison.
(b) By throwing him from a cliff.
(c) By shooting.
(d) By hanging.
12. What does Ezra call Charlie's illnesses?
(b) Love illnesses.
(d) Cupid's diseases.
13. What does Ish teach the children to make after the plague that kills several in the Tribe?
(a) Wheel spokes.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A spear.
14. One morning, Ish has a very vivid dream about the restoration of civilization. In Ish's dream, who climbs out of the truck?
(a) His mother.
(b) The governor.
(c) His father.
(d) The mayor.
15. What major event causes the Tribe to have to change the way they live, even though Ish says they should have been more prepared?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) They run out of bullets.
(c) A pipe breaks.
(d) People become ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the community pick for the Year Twenty-two, when they were all ill?
2. How does Ish feel about the execution of Charlie?
3. Before the second round of the Quick Years, what does Ish realize about himself when he is sitting on the library steps?
4. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
5. Ish thinks quite a bit about how the community has adapted to their new life. What behavior does Ish notice about the Tribe that he thinks they need to change?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)