|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the older people gather for meetings?
(a) In Ish's front yard.
(b) In Ish's living room.
(c) Out in the street.
(d) Near the calendar rock.
2. During the funeral of the Tribe members who died, what occurs that is considered to be a positive symbol?
(a) A rainbow appears.
(b) The clouds clear away.
(c) A bird lands between the graves.
(d) The sun comes up.
3. What do the children place over the graves of those who died of the sickness?
(a) Pine boughs.
(d) Colorful glass.
4. Ish thinks quite a bit about how the community has adapted to their new life. What behavior does Ish notice about the Tribe that he thinks they need to change?
(a) Hoarding weapons.
(d) Scavenging for food.
5. On the expedition, where did the boys find what they put in the card box?
(b) The Rio Grande.
(c) The Colorado River.
6. Why does the Tribe decide to send out an expedition?
(a) To hunt down a rogue lion.
(b) To find a missing person.
(c) To find other people.
(d) To look for better land.
7. What does Ish fear that Charlie might take from him?
(a) His residence and friends.
(b) His position of leadership.
(c) His hammer.
(d) His wife.
8. What, according to one of the other children, is Joey "no good at"?
(b) Picking chesnuts.
(c) Finding quail nests.
9. What object does Ezra keep mentioning that he wants to bring up for the kids?
(a) A board game.
(b) A go-cart.
(c) An old camera.
(d) A movie projector
10. When Ish explains the expedition route to the boys, what name do they have a hard time understanding?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Rio Grande.
11. Who keeps a house full of appliances that don't work?
12. One morning, Ish has a very vivid dream about the restoration of civilization. In Ish's dream, who climbs out of the truck?
(a) His mother.
(b) The governor.
(c) His father.
(d) The mayor.
13. What medicine does Ish give to the first sick person after Charlie's death?
(a) Cough medicine.
14. Who do the children say made the world?
(b) Old Man Coyote.
(c) The Americans.
15. What feature of Charlie's makes Ish really dislike him?
(a) His pig eyes.
(b) His scraggly beard.
(c) His height.
(d) His bald head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ezra call Charlie's illnesses?
2. How do the men move the wagons when they decide to travel somewhere?
3. What does Ish do after his confrontation with Charlie on the hill?
4. What do the members of the Tribe use for sweetener in their coffee?
5. Who does Ish think is the most stolid of all his children?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)