|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the result of an experiment, in what condition do a few of the younger generation, including Joey, return from a trip into the city?
2. What is in the card box that the boys brought back from their expedition?
(a) A ring.
(c) An unusual insect.
3. What does Ish do after his confrontation with Charlie on the hill?
(a) He calls a meeting.
(b) He writes a letter.
(c) He goes to the library.
(d) He runs away.
4. According to Ish, what do the other children possibly think that Joey has that relates to how they think of Ish?
(a) An illness.
(c) A magic stick.
(d) Secret knowledge.
5. Who does Ish notice among the children who he believes can "supply the spark"?
6. Who, besides Ish, keeps track of the time of the year with a calendar?
7. When Ish explains the expedition route to the boys, what name do they have a hard time understanding?
(c) Rio Grande.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. What highway did the boys follow back home on the expedition?
9. What structure is the community working on in order to better their lives?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) A town hall.
(c) A gallows.
(d) A well.
10. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
(b) A Himalayan pine.
(c) A Eucalyptus tree.
(d) Israel Lilies.
11. Who does Ish compare himself to when he thinks about giving instructions to the boys about their cross-country expedition?
(a) King David.
(b) President Jefferson.
(c) Alexander the Great.
12. Where did the boys find Charlie?
(a) In Sacramento.
(b) In Phoenix.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In Los Angeles.
13. Before the second round of the Quick Years, what does Ish realize about himself when he is sitting on the library steps?
(a) He isn't very smart.
(b) He is all alone.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is a curmudgeon.
14. Why do many of the people think the disease has struck the community?
(a) Because of the death of Charlie.
(b) Because the water is no longer running.
(c) Because the hawk god is angry.
(d) Because of lack of sanitation.
15. Whose death causes Ish to be very depressed?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the sickness brought by Charlie spreads through the Tribe, which man wants to take his family and run away?
2. What disease does Ish think has spread throughout the community after Charlie's death?
3. While on the expedition, why did the boys decide to turn back?
4. Who does Ish think is the most stolid of all his children?
5. What name does the community pick for the Year Twenty-two, when they were all ill?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)