|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the boys return home from traveling east, what animal does Ish ask the boys if they have seen?
2. What is in the card box that the boys brought back from their expedition?
(b) A ring.
(d) An unusual insect.
3. On the expedition, how did the people in the white robes react to the boys?
(a) They shut their gates.
(b) They brought them food.
(c) They threw stones at them.
(d) They tried to invite them in.
4. What feature of Charlie's makes Ish really dislike him?
(a) His height.
(b) His bald head.
(c) His pig eyes.
(d) His scraggly beard.
5. What highway did the boys follow back home on the expedition?
6. One morning, Ish has a very vivid dream about the restoration of civilization. In Ish's dream, who climbs out of the truck?
(a) His mother.
(b) The mayor.
(c) His father.
(d) The governor.
7. Who does Ish think is the most stolid of all his children?
8. What do the men build after their way of life changes, in order to maintain cleanliness?
(a) A compost heap.
(b) A sewage pit.
(c) Garbage bins.
9. According to Ish, what do the other children possibly think that Joey has that relates to how they think of Ish?
(b) A magic stick.
(c) An illness.
(d) Secret knowledge.
10. What type of plant does Ish find on the university campus that is foreign, but is also reproducing?
(a) A Eucalyptus tree.
(b) A Himalayan pine.
(d) Israel Lilies.
11. When Ish is lecturing the group about the future, what object does George mention he wants to bring up on the hill?
(a) A sledge hammer.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A generator.
12. During the funeral of the Tribe members who died, what occurs that is considered to be a positive symbol?
(a) The sun comes up.
(b) A rainbow appears.
(c) A bird lands between the graves.
(d) The clouds clear away.
13. Where do the older people gather for meetings?
(a) In Ish's living room.
(b) Near the calendar rock.
(c) In Ish's front yard.
(d) Out in the street.
14. What kind of vehicle does Ish seek out for the boy's expedition?
(a) A jeep.
(b) An SUV.
(c) A station wagon.
(d) A coupe.
15. Who, besides Ish, keeps track of the time of the year with a calendar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What breakfast food is not available anymore, since the Great Disaster?
2. What word does Ish use for several of the unintentional traditions that the older generation has passed on?
3. During the expedition, what city were the boys near when they decided to turn back?
4. While on the expedition, why did the boys decide to turn back?
5. Who does Ish notice among the children who he believes can "supply the spark"?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)