|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
2. While exploring the city, Ish finds a body hanging from a telephone pole. What does the sign say that is attached to the body?
(a) Beware of plague.
(d) Stay away.
3. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
(a) A burning building.
(b) A blinking road sign.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Two children, walking alone.
4. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A surveyor's transit.
(b) A compass and a watch.
(c) A dirty calendar.
(d) A chronograph.
5. What is the name of the city where Ish ends his trip to the east?
(a) New York.
6. Why does Ish worry about being with Em at first?
(a) She doesn't seem to like him, she just wants a companion.
(b) She is older than he is.
(c) She might have a hidden sickness.
(d) She seems to have mental problems.
7. What does Em think of Princess?
(a) She wants to keep her for herself.
(b) That she needs to stay somewhere else.
(c) She can't stand her.
(d) That she is beautiful.
8. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
(a) Dumps him with the other bodies.
(b) Buries him.
(c) Wraps him in a blanket.
(d) Leaves him where he finds him.
9. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A horse.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A goat.
(d) A mountain lion.
10. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
(a) Talks to the attendant.
(b) Pumps gas and leaves payment.
(c) Looks in the window and leaves.
(d) Steals from the register.
11. What does Ish find when he arrives home after his trip to the east coast?
(a) His note is untouched.
(b) His door is broken.
(c) His parents left him a note.
(d) Someone has been in his home.
12. After Ish meets the family in Arkansas, the author talks about the fall of mankind. Who does the writer say will truly be saddened by the death of man?
(c) Any remaining people.
13. What vegetable does Ish grow in his garden in Year Two of the Quick Years?
14. Why is Ish worried about the couple he stays with in the eastern city?
(a) Their water supply is low.
(b) There is a dangerous gang nearby.
(c) A harsh winter is coming.
(d) They don't know how to defend themselves.
15. What natural disaster occurs in Year Twenty?
(a) A fire.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A landslide.
(d) A flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to the city, Ish breaks into a fine home. What does he do while he is there?
2. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
3. When Ish decides to drive over the bridge, what sight prevents him from going to the other city?
4. At the beginning of the book, why doesn't Ish know about the virus?
5. In the beginning, how does Ish go about finding other people?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)