|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While living alone, what book does Ish begin reading that makes him uneasy?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Koran.
(d) Arabian Nights.
2. What insects invade Ish's home while he is living alone?
3. In the beginning, how does Ish go about finding other people?
(a) Waits at a grocery store.
(b) Puts up a flag.
(c) Shoots a pistol in the air.
(d) Honks his car horn.
4. Why do Em and Ish decide to keep Princess in the house during the infestation?
(a) For protection.
(b) Because they have seen a strange man who won't speak with them.
(c) Because they're afraid she will run away.
(d) Because of something that Ish finds.
5. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A dirty calendar.
(b) A compass and a watch.
(c) A surveyor's transit.
(d) A chronograph.
6. In Year Five, the people create a "national pastime" out of avoiding
what type of animal?
7. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A cow.
8. After Ish meets the family in Arkansas, the author talks about the fall of mankind. Who does the writer say will truly be saddened by the death of man?
(c) Any remaining people.
9. What animal do the children see for the first time in Year Nineteen?
(a) A fox.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A deer.
(d) An elk.
10. What does Em think of Princess?
(a) She wants to keep her for herself.
(b) That she needs to stay somewhere else.
(c) She can't stand her.
(d) That she is beautiful.
11. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A horse.
(d) A goat.
12. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
(a) She shows him old pictures of her family.
(b) She shows him how hard it is to work the garden alone.
(c) She lights a match and blows it out.
(d) She digs the roots out of a rose bush.
13. When Ish decides to drive over the bridge, what sight prevents him from going to the other city?
(a) A fallen road sign.
(b) A pile of bodies.
(c) An empty car
(d) A massive fire.
14. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
(a) A burning building.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A blinking road sign.
(d) Two children, walking alone.
15. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Em decide to call the First Year?
2. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
3. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
4. What does Ish find when he arrives home after his trip to the east coast?
5. When Ish is alone in the cabin, what disturbs him?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)