|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the second Quick Years, what plant does the Tribe manage to grow?
2. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
(a) Snakes and other reptiles.
(b) Deer and elk.
(c) Chickens and ducks.
(d) Cats and dogs.
3. When Ish drives to a certain building after finding out Em is pregnant,
how does he manage to get inside?
(a) He chops the door off its hinges.
(b) He breaks in through a window.
(c) He finds an open window.
(d) He finds a door that was left ajar.
4. During the second Quick Years, what question do the young men ask Ish most frequently?
(a) Where to hunt.
(b) About the past.
(c) What the future will bring.
(d) Who to choose for a wife.
5. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
(a) Curiosity about his parents.
(b) Being an observer.
(c) The fear of death.
(d) The books he reads.
6. After Ish and Em come together, something happens that makes Ish panic, but Em turns it into a game. What happens?
(a) Ish loses his watch.
(b) Princess disappears.
(c) Em trips and hurts herself.
(d) The car won't start.
7. Why does Em move to Ish's house?
(a) He lives in a safer area of the city.
(b) Her house is too small for all of them.
(c) He doesn't want to move his books.
(d) He has a greater supply of food.
8. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
9. What does Em think of Princess?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) She wants to keep her for herself.
(c) She can't stand her.
(d) That she needs to stay somewhere else.
10. What animal do the children see for the first time in Year Nineteen?
(a) A fox.
(b) A deer.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) An elk.
11. At the beginning of the book, why doesn't Ish know about the virus?
(a) Ish is driving outside the city with his radio off.
(b) Ish is in the country doing research.
(c) Ish is camping on the beach and fishing.
(d) Ish is in a coma.
12. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
13. While living alone, what book does Ish begin reading that makes him uneasy?
(a) Arabian Nights.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) The Koran.
14. How does Ish first find out about the virus?
(a) A handwritten note on a body.
(b) A newspaper headline.
(c) A thief.
(d) A crackling radio station.
15. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
(a) A survivor.
(b) A god.
(c) A leader.
(d) A murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ish is older, the young men ask him questions. What do they do if Ish doesn't give them an answer quickly enough?
2. What event occurs during the Year of Woodcarving that has a very negative effect on Ish?
3. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
4. In Year Eleven, Molly is the first person to have this happen to her:
5. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)