|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
(a) To an old pharmacy.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the library.
(d) Back to Em's old house.
2. Out of all the people Ish finds at first, which of these is the most friendly?
(a) The little girl.
(b) The former lawyer.
(c) The couple.
(d) The hermit.
3. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
(a) They may need to burn them for fuel during winter.
(b) People will use them to rebuild civilization.
(c) Reading and arithmetic will help the children survive the elements.
(d) He wants to learn from the mistakes of history.
4. When Ish decides to drive over the bridge, what sight prevents him from going to the other city?
(a) An empty car
(b) A fallen road sign.
(c) A massive fire.
(d) A pile of bodies.
5. When Ish decides to take a cross-country trip, what is the reason he decides to go?
(a) To find a friend he hopes survived.
(b) To find a safer place to live.
(c) To find his parents.
(d) To find other survivors.
6. What is the name of the city where Ish ends his trip to the east?
(a) New York.
7. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
(a) Stay away.
(b) Find medicine.
(c) Provide hot water and clean sheets.
(d) Read books about it.
8. In the beginning, how does Ish go about finding other people?
(a) Honks his car horn.
(b) Puts up a flag.
(c) Waits at a grocery store.
(d) Shoots a pistol in the air.
9. After Ish meets the family in Arkansas, the author talks about the fall of mankind. Who does the writer say will truly be saddened by the death of man?
(d) Any remaining people.
10. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
(a) Pumps gas and leaves payment.
(b) Looks in the window and leaves.
(c) Talks to the attendant.
(d) Steals from the register.
11. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
12. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A coyote.
13. How does Ish find Em?
(a) Following a handwritten sign on a post.
(b) Following her through the streets.
(c) Following a map.
(d) Following a light.
14. When Ish is alone in the cabin, what disturbs him?
(a) An explosion in the valley.
(b) Two men coming inside.
(c) Wild dogs fighting outside at night.
(d) A strong wind rocking the house.
15. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ish meet when he is loading up his station wagon for his cross-country trip?
2. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
3. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
4. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
5. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)