|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A surveyor's transit.
(b) A compass and a watch.
(c) A chronograph.
(d) A dirty calendar.
2. When Ish stays with the couple that he meets in the eastern city, he finds they will not leave. Why does Ish think they won't leave?
(a) They are afraid of the outside world.
(b) They can find everything they need within walking distance.
(c) Their family is buried nearby.
(d) They're trying to restart the government.
3. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
4. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) Back to Em's old house.
(c) To an old pharmacy.
(d) To the library.
5. On his trip back to his hometown from the east coast, Ish has to drive a long way around something. What causes Ish to detour?
(a) A flooded road.
(b) A man with a rifle.
(c) A broken bridge.
(d) Massive wildfires.
6. In Year Nine, (The Year of the Deaths) what causes almost everyone to
(a) A rat infestation.
(b) A visitor.
(c) Contaminated water.
(d) Rotten food.
7. While cruising through town, what does Ish see on the flashing neon sign that he equates to the progress and downfall of civilization?
(a) A galloping horse.
(b) A flashing hand of cards.
(c) The temperature.
(d) A line of stars.
8. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
(a) Being an observer.
(b) The fear of death.
(c) Curiosity about his parents.
(d) The books he reads.
9. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
(a) A god.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A leader.
(d) A murderer.
10. What does Em think of Princess?
(a) She can't stand her.
(b) She wants to keep her for herself.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) That she needs to stay somewhere else.
11. Who rescued Evie when she was living alone?
12. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A burning building.
(c) A blinking road sign.
(d) Two children, walking alone.
13. Why does Em move to Ish's house?
(a) He lives in a safer area of the city.
(b) He doesn't want to move his books.
(c) Her house is too small for all of them.
(d) He has a greater supply of food.
14. When Ish decides to drive over the bridge, what sight prevents him from going to the other city?
(a) A massive fire.
(b) An empty car
(c) A fallen road sign.
(d) A pile of bodies.
15. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
(a) Domesticating the animals.
(b) Building defenses against the animals.
(c) Killing as many of the animals as possible.
(d) Calculating how many of this type of animal are in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insects invade Ish's home while he is living alone?
2. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
3. After Ish and Em come together, something happens that makes Ish panic, but Em turns it into a game. What happens?
4. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
5. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)