Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Em tell Ish not to worry about before she dies?
(a) The children.
(b) Her burial.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Rebuilding the reservoir.
2. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
(a) Building defenses against the animals.
(b) Domesticating the animals.
(c) Killing as many of the animals as possible.
(d) Calculating how many of this type of animal are in the city.
3. After Ish and Em come together, something happens that makes Ish panic, but Em turns it into a game. What happens?
(a) Em trips and hurts herself.
(b) Princess disappears.
(c) The car won't start.
(d) Ish loses his watch.
4. On his way back to the city, Ish breaks into a fine home. What does he do while he is there?
(a) Listens to a voice on the radio.
(b) Makes himself breakfast.
(c) Empties the jewelry cabinet.
(d) Stays for several nights.
5. When Ish decides to take a cross-country trip, what is the reason he decides to go?
(a) To find his parents.
(b) To find a friend he hopes survived.
(c) To find a safer place to live.
(d) To find other survivors.
6. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
7. In the second Quick Years, how does Ish predict the weather for the younger men?
(a) By the angle of the sun.
(b) By how his body feels.
(c) With a device he invented.
(d) With a barometer.
8. What type of animal begins to invade the city after Ish and Em find one another?
(b) Feral cats.
(d) Wild dogs.
9. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
10. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The diseased animal.
(b) The ravenous animal.
(c) The noise-producing animal.
(d) The world-killing animal.
11. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
(a) Chickens and ducks.
(b) Deer and elk.
(c) Snakes and other reptiles.
(d) Cats and dogs.
12. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A compass and a watch.
(b) A chronograph.
(c) A surveyor's transit.
(d) A dirty calendar.
13. What natural disaster occurs in Year Twenty?
(a) A landslide.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A fire.
(d) A flood.
14. After all the other original Tribe members die, what does Ezra compare the tribe to when he is talking to Ish on the hill?
(a) A passing year.
(b) A river.
(c) A child.
(d) A bird's flight.
15. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A mountain lion.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Year Nine, (The Year of the Deaths) what causes almost everyone to
2. While Ish is traveling to the east coast, he kills an animal, eating its liver afterward. What kind of animal does Ish kill?
3. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
4. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
5. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)