|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Ish ends his trip to the east?
(c) New York.
2. In Year Eleven, Molly is the first person to have this happen to her:
(a) Has a tooth removed.
(b) Goes through menopause.
(c) Has several gray hairs.
(d) Has a child die at birth.
3. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
(a) Two children, walking alone.
(b) A blinking road sign.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A burning building.
4. After Ish and Em come together, something happens that makes Ish panic, but Em turns it into a game. What happens?
(a) The car won't start.
(b) Ish loses his watch.
(c) Princess disappears.
(d) Em trips and hurts herself.
5. When Ish arrives in a certain city in the east, ending his trip to that side of the country, what impresses him the most about the city?
(c) Size of the city.
6. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
7. What does Em decide to call the First Year?
(a) Year of the ox.
(b) Year of the baby.
(c) Year of the drought.
(d) Year of plenty.
8. On his trip back to his hometown from the east coast, Ish has to drive a long way around something. What causes Ish to detour?
(a) A man with a rifle.
(b) A broken bridge.
(c) Massive wildfires.
(d) A flooded road.
9. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
(a) Looks in the window and leaves.
(b) Pumps gas and leaves payment.
(c) Talks to the attendant.
(d) Steals from the register.
10. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
(a) Buries him.
(b) Leaves him where he finds him.
(c) Dumps him with the other bodies.
(d) Wraps him in a blanket.
11. While cruising through town, what does Ish see on the flashing neon sign that he equates to the progress and downfall of civilization?
(a) A galloping horse.
(b) A flashing hand of cards.
(c) A line of stars.
(d) The temperature.
12. During the Quick Years, the community tries to start a church. From what "church" does Maurine think Ish gets his ideas?
(a) The Skeptic Church.
(b) The Church of Christ.
(c) The Methodist Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
13. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
(a) To an old pharmacy.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the library.
(d) Back to Em's old house.
14. Why is Ish worried about the couple he stays with in the eastern city?
(a) They don't know how to defend themselves.
(b) A harsh winter is coming.
(c) Their water supply is low.
(d) There is a dangerous gang nearby.
15. How many children did Em have before the virus?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Em is dying, how does Ish help her with her pain?
2. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
3. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
4. What does Ezra ask Ish to do after Em dies?
5. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)