|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
(a) Killing as many of the animals as possible.
(b) Domesticating the animals.
(c) Building defenses against the animals.
(d) Calculating how many of this type of animal are in the city.
2. What job would Ish have had if the virus had never occurred?
(a) A job as a writer.
(b) A job as a policeman.
(c) A job as a judge.
(d) A job as a professor.
3. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To an old pharmacy.
(d) Back to Em's old house.
4. When he is old, what does Ish see near the bay that he realizes has happened before in history?
(a) The city burning.
(b) An eclipse.
(c) People digging for clams.
(d) A ship pulling into the bay.
5. What insects invade Ish's home while he is living alone?
6. What does Ish call himself toward the end of the Quick Years?
(a) The Last American.
(b) A demigod.
(c) A man alone.
(d) The Great Father.
7. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A compass and a watch.
(b) A chronograph.
(c) A surveyor's transit.
(d) A dirty calendar.
8. During the second Quick Years, what plant does the Tribe manage to grow?
9. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
10. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
(a) By chiseling into a large rock.
(b) By keeping a diary.
(c) By marking the object Ish carries with him.
(d) By painting the pole of a streetsign outside their house.
11. During the second Quick Years, what question do the young men ask Ish most frequently?
(a) About the past.
(b) What the future will bring.
(c) Where to hunt.
(d) Who to choose for a wife.
12. In Year Nine, (The Year of the Deaths) what causes almost everyone to
(a) Rotten food.
(b) A rat infestation.
(c) A visitor.
(d) Contaminated water.
13. How does George die?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He falls off a ladder.
(d) He is mauled by a lion.
14. How does the Tribe mark Em's grave?
(a) They don't.
(b) With flowers and a wooden sign.
(c) With a picture.
(d) With a colorful bottle.
15. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The diseased animal.
(b) The noise-producing animal.
(c) The ravenous animal.
(d) The world-killing animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ish is older, he looks up one day while sitting on the hill and realizes that something is different. What is it?
2. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
3. In Year Sixteen, what do Mary and Ralph decide to do?
4. What instrument does Ish play in the "Year We Sang"?
5. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)