Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ish so concerned about finding people
who can "fix" civilization?
2. Is it significant that the author shows all the dependent
animals dying first? If so, how is it significant?
3. Does Ish put too much emphasis on above-average intelligence
instead of other qualities?
4. How does Ish feel after he finally discovers what has happened to
5. What is notable about how Ish acts on his trip home?
6. How would you react if you were in Ish's place when he finds out what happened?
7. When Ish goes to the library, he chooses two books to take home with him. Why do you think he chose these particular titles?
8. Until he arrives at the desert, what are a few of the things Ish worries about the most?
9. What was different about the bodies that Ish saw in the dry, Arizona town?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)