Short Answer Key
Part 1: Chapters 1 and 2
1. At the beginning of the book, why doesn't Ish know about the virus?
Ish is in the country doing research.
2. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
3. When Ish is alone in the cabin, what disturbs him?
Two men coming inside.
4. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
Pumps gas and leaves payment.
5. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
A dead body.
6. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
All the people are gone.
7. How does Ish first find out about the virus?
A newspaper headline.
This section contains 3,180 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)