|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Two, Ish makes a list of the reasons he will survive better than many of the people he meets. Why does Ish believe he is better prepared to survive?
(a) He went through survival training in Wyoming.
(b) He is physically stronger than most people.
(c) He has always preferred to do things alone.
(d) He was a boy scout.
2. What type of animal begins to invade the city after Ish and Em find one another?
(a) Wild dogs.
(d) Feral cats.
3. How many children did Em have before the virus?
4. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
(a) Curiosity about his parents.
(b) Being an observer.
(c) The books he reads.
(d) The fear of death.
5. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A surveyor's transit.
(b) A compass and a watch.
(c) A chronograph.
(d) A dirty calendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of the book, what question does Ish ask Jack that seems strange to the young man?
2. What event affects the house of Ish's neighbor that Ish refuses to fix?
3. Why does Ish worry about being with Em at first?
4. While living alone, what book does Ish begin reading that makes him uneasy?
5. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)