|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurs during the Year of Woodcarving that has a very
negative effect on Ish?
(a) The carpenter is crushed under an uneven house.
(b) Princess dies.
(c) His favorite building burns down.
(d) One of the children mysteriously disappears.
2. Why is Ish worried about the couple he stays with in the eastern city?
(a) They don't know how to defend themselves.
(b) A harsh winter is coming.
(c) There is a dangerous gang nearby.
(d) Their water supply is low.
3. Out of all the people Ish finds at first, which of these is the most friendly?
(a) The hermit.
(b) The couple.
(c) The former lawyer.
(d) The little girl.
4. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
(a) Read books about it.
(b) Find medicine.
(c) Stay away.
(d) Provide hot water and clean sheets.
5. While Ish is traveling to the east coast, he kills an animal, eating its liver afterward. What kind of animal does Ish kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ish is older, he opens his eyes one day and notices someone standing before him. Who is standing there?
2. After the fires, what does Ish realize while traveling with the young men?
3. When Ish arrives in a certain city in the east, ending his trip to that side of the country, what impresses him the most about the city?
4. After saving Ish from the fire, what does Jack run back into the house to rescue?
5. In the beginning, how does Ish go about finding other people?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)