|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Em move to Ish's house?
(a) He has a greater supply of food.
(b) He doesn't want to move his books.
(c) Her house is too small for all of them.
(d) He lives in a safer area of the city.
2. What natural disaster occurs in Year Twenty?
(a) A fire.
(b) A landslide.
(c) A flood.
(d) An earthquake.
3. After the fires, what does Ish realize while traveling with the young men?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That Jack is related to him.
(c) That he misses his wife.
(d) That the boys are lost.
4. When Ish heads to the east coast, what does he attach to the back of his car?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A trailer.
(c) An American flag.
(d) A boat.
5. While driving through the Mojave desert, why does Ish stop his car in the middle?
(a) He becomes lost.
(b) The car overheats.
(c) His friend wants out.
(d) He feels ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the young men get the metal they use for arrowheads?
2. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
3. After the fires in the city, Ish hides in a cave. What does Ish think is the most likely breed of the dogs in the cave?
4. When Ish drives to a certain building after finding out Em is pregnant, how does he manage to get inside?
5. When the city burns down at the end of the book, where do the men go first to wait out the fire in safety?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)