|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Em decide to call the First Year?
(a) Year of plenty.
(b) Year of the drought.
(c) Year of the baby.
(d) Year of the ox.
2. During Ish's trip to the east, he meets a small family in Arkansas. What are they doing?
(a) Building a house.
(b) Traveling toward the coast.
(c) Trying to start a car.
(d) Raising animals and crops.
3. Who does Ish meet when he is loading up his station wagon for his cross-country trip?
(a) A crazy man.
(b) An angry crowd.
(c) A dog.
(d) A woman who asks to accompany him.
4. When Ish stays with the couple that he meets in the eastern city, he finds they will not leave. Why does Ish think they won't leave?
(a) They can find everything they need within walking distance.
(b) Their family is buried nearby.
(c) They're trying to restart the government.
(d) They are afraid of the outside world.
5. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
(a) He wants to learn from the mistakes of history.
(b) Reading and arithmetic will help the children survive the elements.
(c) They may need to burn them for fuel during winter.
(d) People will use them to rebuild civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ish decides to take a cross-country trip, what is the reason he decides to go?
2. Why is Ish worried about the couple he stays with in the eastern city?
3. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
4. When Ish arrives in a certain city in the east, ending his trip to that side of the country, what impresses him the most about the city?
5. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted they name Year Ten after it?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)