|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event affects the house of Ish's neighbor that Ish refuses to fix?
(a) A clogged drain.
(b) A severe storm.
(c) An electrical fire.
(d) Ish wrecking his car.
2. Why does Ish worry about being with Em at first?
(a) She is older than he is.
(b) She doesn't seem to like him, she just wants a companion.
(c) She seems to have mental problems.
(d) She might have a hidden sickness.
3. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
(a) She lights a match and blows it out.
(b) She digs the roots out of a rose bush.
(c) She shows him old pictures of her family.
(d) She shows him how hard it is to work the garden alone.
4. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
(a) Leaves him where he finds him.
(b) Buries him.
(c) Dumps him with the other bodies.
(d) Wraps him in a blanket.
5. During the Quick Years, one of Ish and Em's earliest children dies. What do the adults think is the cause?
(a) He hurt his head in a fall.
(b) He was born with a weak heart.
(c) He ate rat poison.
(d) He caught pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
2. When Ish heads to the east coast, what does he attach to the back of his car?
3. What does Em decide to call the First Year?
4. What instrument does Ish play in the "Year We Sang"?
5. When Ish is alone in the cabin, what disturbs him?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)