|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The noise-producing animal.
(b) The ravenous animal.
(c) The world-killing animal.
(d) The diseased animal.
2. In Year Five, the people create a "national pastime" out of avoiding
what type of animal?
3. During the Quick Years, the community tries to start a church. From what "church" does Maurine think Ish gets his ideas?
(a) The Skeptic Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Church of Christ.
(d) The Methodist Church.
4. During Ish's trip to the east, he meets a small family in Arkansas. What are they doing?
(a) Building a house.
(b) Raising animals and crops.
(c) Trying to start a car.
(d) Traveling toward the coast.
5. On his trip back to his hometown from the east coast, Ish has to drive a long way around something. What causes Ish to detour?
(a) A broken bridge.
(b) A flooded road.
(c) Massive wildfires.
(d) A man with a rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
2. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
3. Out of all the people Ish finds at first, which of these is the most friendly?
4. Who rescued Evie when she was living alone?
5. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted they name Year Ten after it?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)