|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
2. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The diseased animal.
(b) The ravenous animal.
(c) The noise-producing animal.
(d) The world-killing animal.
3. When Ish is alone in the cabin, what disturbs him?
(a) A strong wind rocking the house.
(b) Wild dogs fighting outside at night.
(c) Two men coming inside.
(d) An explosion in the valley.
4. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
5. What does Ish start carrying with him for protection after meeting a pack of dogs in his hometown?
(a) A loud bullhorn.
(b) A firearm.
(c) A hand-held radio.
(d) A baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
2. Out of all the people Ish finds at first, which of these is the most friendly?
3. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
4. When Ish heads to the east coast, what does he attach to the back of his car?
5. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted they name Year Ten after it?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)