|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
2. What event occurs during the Year of Woodcarving that has a very
negative effect on Ish?
(a) One of the children mysteriously disappears.
(b) The carpenter is crushed under an uneven house.
(c) Princess dies.
(d) His favorite building burns down.
3. During the Quick Years, the community tries to start a church. From what "church" does Maurine think Ish gets his ideas?
(a) The Methodist Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Church of Christ.
(d) The Skeptic Church.
4. In Year Eleven, Molly is the first person to have this happen to her:
(a) Has a child die at birth.
(b) Has several gray hairs.
(c) Goes through menopause.
(d) Has a tooth removed.
5. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
(a) By painting the pole of a streetsign outside their house.
(b) By chiseling into a large rock.
(c) By keeping a diary.
(d) By marking the object Ish carries with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ish start carrying with him for protection after meeting a pack of dogs in his hometown?
2. In Year Sixteen, what do Mary and Ralph decide to do?
3. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
4. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted they name Year Ten after it?
5. How does Ish find Em?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)