|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ish first find out about the virus?
(a) A handwritten note on a body.
(b) A newspaper headline.
(c) A crackling radio station.
(d) A thief.
2. What is the name of the city where Ish ends his trip to the east?
(a) New York.
3. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
4. While cruising through town, what does Ish see on the flashing neon sign that he equates to the progress and downfall of civilization?
(a) A flashing hand of cards.
(b) The temperature.
(c) A line of stars.
(d) A galloping horse.
5. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
(a) Reading and arithmetic will help the children survive the elements.
(b) People will use them to rebuild civilization.
(c) He wants to learn from the mistakes of history.
(d) They may need to burn them for fuel during winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ish worried about the couple he stays with in the eastern city?
2. While driving through the Mojave desert, why does Ish stop his car in the middle?
3. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
4. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
5. On his trip back to his hometown from the east coast, Ish has to drive a long way around something. What causes Ish to detour?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)