|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
2. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
3. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
(a) By keeping a diary.
(b) By chiseling into a large rock.
(c) By painting the pole of a streetsign outside their house.
(d) By marking the object Ish carries with him.
4. At the beginning of the book, why doesn't Ish know about the virus?
(a) Ish is in the country doing research.
(b) Ish is driving outside the city with his radio off.
(c) Ish is in a coma.
(d) Ish is camping on the beach and fishing.
5. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A dirty calendar.
(b) A surveyor's transit.
(c) A chronograph.
(d) A compass and a watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
2. During Ish's trip to the east, he meets a small family in Arkansas. What are they doing?
3. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
4. Who does Ish meet when he is loading up his station wagon for his cross-country trip?
5. What does Em think of Princess?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)