|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Two, Ish makes a list of the reasons he will survive better than many of the people he meets. Why does Ish believe he is better prepared to survive?
(a) He went through survival training in Wyoming.
(b) He has always preferred to do things alone.
(c) He was a boy scout.
(d) He is physically stronger than most people.
2. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
(a) Calculating how many of this type of animal are in the city.
(b) Killing as many of the animals as possible.
(c) Domesticating the animals.
(d) Building defenses against the animals.
3. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A mountain lion.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A horse.
(d) A goat.
4. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
(a) An unfriendly, dirty man is yellilng at him.
(b) All the people are gone.
(c) People are hiding in the courthouse.
(d) His car is making a strange noise.
5. What event occurs during the Year of Woodcarving that has a very
negative effect on Ish?
(a) Princess dies.
(b) The carpenter is crushed under an uneven house.
(c) His favorite building burns down.
(d) One of the children mysteriously disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to the city, Ish breaks into a fine home. What does he do while he is there?
2. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
3. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
4. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
5. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)