|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Ish is traveling to the east coast, he kills an animal, eating its liver afterward. What kind of animal does Ish kill?
2. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
(a) She shows him how hard it is to work the garden alone.
(b) She lights a match and blows it out.
(c) She digs the roots out of a rose bush.
(d) She shows him old pictures of her family.
3. What instrument does Ish play in the "Year We Sang"?
(a) An accordion.
(b) A clarinet.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A violin.
4. In Year Nine, (The Year of the Deaths) what causes almost everyone to
(a) A visitor.
(b) Contaminated water.
(c) Rotten food.
(d) A rat infestation.
5. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
Short Answer Questions
1. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
2. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
3. What insects invade Ish's home while he is living alone?
4. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
5. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)