|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
2. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The noise-producing animal.
(b) The world-killing animal.
(c) The diseased animal.
(d) The ravenous animal.
3. At the end of Chapter Two, Ish makes a list of the reasons he will survive better than many of the people he meets. Why does Ish believe he is better prepared to survive?
(a) He was a boy scout.
(b) He has always preferred to do things alone.
(c) He is physically stronger than most people.
(d) He went through survival training in Wyoming.
4. After Ish meets the family in Arkansas, the author talks about the fall of mankind. Who does the writer say will truly be saddened by the death of man?
(c) Any remaining people.
5. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
(a) To an old pharmacy.
(b) Back to Em's old house.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
2. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
3. While living alone, what book does Ish begin reading that makes him uneasy?
4. How does Ish first find out about the virus?
5. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)