|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
(a) Read books about it.
(b) Stay away.
(c) Find medicine.
(d) Provide hot water and clean sheets.
2. In Year Eleven, Molly is the first person to have this happen to her:
(a) Has several gray hairs.
(b) Goes through menopause.
(c) Has a tooth removed.
(d) Has a child die at birth.
3. What instrument does Ish play in the "Year We Sang"?
(a) A violin.
(b) An accordion.
(c) A clarinet.
(d) A harmonica.
4. What does Ish start carrying with him for protection after meeting a pack of dogs in his hometown?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A firearm.
(c) A loud bullhorn.
(d) A hand-held radio.
5. When Ish decides to take a cross-country trip, what is the reason he decides to go?
(a) To find a friend he hopes survived.
(b) To find his parents.
(c) To find a safer place to live.
(d) To find other survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
2. After Ish meets the family in Arkansas, the author talks about the fall of mankind. Who does the writer say will truly be saddened by the death of man?
3. At the beginning of the book, why doesn't Ish know about the virus?
4. What insects invade Ish's home while he is living alone?
5. While exploring the city, Ish meets a drunkard. What is the man's name?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)