|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
(a) He wants to learn from the mistakes of history.
(b) Reading and arithmetic will help the children survive the elements.
(c) People will use them to rebuild civilization.
(d) They may need to burn them for fuel during winter.
2. What type of animal begins to invade the city after Ish and Em find one another?
(a) Wild dogs.
(d) Feral cats.
3. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
(a) Two children, walking alone.
(b) A blinking road sign.
(c) A burning building.
(d) A dead body.
4. What instrument does Ish play in the "Year We Sang"?
(a) An accordion.
(b) A violin.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A clarinet.
5. What does Ish find when he arrives home after his trip to the east coast?
(a) His note is untouched.
(b) His parents left him a note.
(c) Someone has been in his home.
(d) His door is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
2. What is the name of the city where Ish ends his trip to the east?
3. What does Em decide to call the First Year?
4. While exploring the city, Ish finds a body hanging from a telephone pole. What does the sign say that is attached to the body?
5. At the end of Chapter Two, Ish makes a list of the reasons he will survive better than many of the people he meets. Why does Ish believe he is better prepared to survive?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)