|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quick Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Year Five, the people create a "national pastime" out of avoiding
what type of animal?
2. How does Ish find Em?
(a) Following a light.
(b) Following her through the streets.
(c) Following a map.
(d) Following a handwritten sign on a post.
3. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
(a) The fear of death.
(b) Being an observer.
(c) Curiosity about his parents.
(d) The books he reads.
4. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A leader.
(d) A god.
5. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
2. Why does Ish think the books in the library are important?
3. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
4. While driving through the Mojave desert, why does Ish stop his car in the middle?
5. When Ish drives to a certain building after finding out Em is pregnant, how does he manage to get inside?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)