|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 6 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A coyote.
2. How does Em demonstrate to Ish that children are necessary?
(a) She shows him how hard it is to work the garden alone.
(b) She lights a match and blows it out.
(c) She digs the roots out of a rose bush.
(d) She shows him old pictures of her family.
3. What animal does Ish see in his neighbor's yard that doesn't seem to belong there?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
4. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The diseased animal.
(b) The world-killing animal.
(c) The ravenous animal.
(d) The noise-producing animal.
5. Why do Em and Ish decide to keep Princess in the house during the infestation?
(a) Because they're afraid she will run away.
(b) Because of something that Ish finds.
(c) Because they have seen a strange man who won't speak with them.
(d) For protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. While exploring the city, Ish finds a body hanging from a telephone pole. What does the sign say that is attached to the body?
2. Why does Ish worry about being with Em at first?
3. On his way back to the city, Ish breaks into a fine home. What does he do while he is there?
4. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
5. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)