|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 6 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ish start carrying with him for protection after meeting a pack of dogs in his hometown?
(a) A firearm.
(b) A hand-held radio.
(c) A loud bullhorn.
(d) A baseball bat.
2. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
(a) Cats and dogs.
(b) Chickens and ducks.
(c) Snakes and other reptiles.
(d) Deer and elk.
3. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
(a) Find medicine.
(b) Provide hot water and clean sheets.
(c) Stay away.
(d) Read books about it.
4. Why does Ish worry about being with Em at first?
(a) She might have a hidden sickness.
(b) She is older than he is.
(c) She seems to have mental problems.
(d) She doesn't seem to like him, she just wants a companion.
5. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The diseased animal.
(b) The noise-producing animal.
(c) The ravenous animal.
(d) The world-killing animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. While cruising through town, what does Ish see on the flashing neon sign that he equates to the progress and downfall of civilization?
2. Out of all the people Ish finds at first, which of these is the most friendly?
3. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
4. While living alone, what book does Ish begin reading that makes him uneasy?
5. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)