|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ish start carrying with him for protection after meeting a pack of dogs in his hometown?
(a) A loud bullhorn.
(b) A hand-held radio.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A firearm.
2. When Ish stays with the couple that he meets in the eastern city, he finds they will not leave. Why does Ish think they won't leave?
(a) They're trying to restart the government.
(b) They are afraid of the outside world.
(c) Their family is buried nearby.
(d) They can find everything they need within walking distance.
3. How does Ish first find out about the virus?
(a) A thief.
(b) A newspaper headline.
(c) A handwritten note on a body.
(d) A crackling radio station.
4. When Ish heads to the east coast, what does he attach to the back of his car?
(a) An American flag.
(b) A trailer.
(c) A boat.
(d) A motorcycle.
5. After Ish meets the family in Arkansas, the author talks about the fall of mankind. Who does the writer say will truly be saddened by the death of man?
(d) Any remaining people.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Two, Ish makes a list of the reasons he will survive better than many of the people he meets. Why does Ish believe he is better prepared to survive?
2. When Ish decides to drive over the bridge, what sight prevents him from going to the other city?
3. While driving through the Mojave desert, why does Ish stop his car in the middle?
4. Who does Ish meet when he is loading up his station wagon for his cross-country trip?
5. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)