|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 6 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Em move to Ish's house?
(a) Her house is too small for all of them.
(b) He has a greater supply of food.
(c) He doesn't want to move his books.
(d) He lives in a safer area of the city.
2. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
(a) The ravenous animal.
(b) The world-killing animal.
(c) The noise-producing animal.
(d) The diseased animal.
3. At the end of Chapter Two, Ish makes a list of the reasons he will survive better than many of the people he meets. Why does Ish believe he is better prepared to survive?
(a) He is physically stronger than most people.
(b) He has always preferred to do things alone.
(c) He went through survival training in Wyoming.
(d) He was a boy scout.
4. What animal does Ish see running in the highway after the virus strikes?
(a) A goat.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A horse.
5. Where does Ish drive when he finds out Em is pregnant?
(a) Back to Em's old house.
(b) To an old pharmacy.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
2. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
3. What does Em say Ish can do to help her with childbirth?
4. Out of all the people Ish finds at first, which of these is the most friendly?
5. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)