|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 1 - 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
(a) Steals from the register.
(b) Pumps gas and leaves payment.
(c) Talks to the attendant.
(d) Looks in the window and leaves.
2. While driving home from Black Creek, what does Ish see on the side of the road?
(a) A dead body.
(b) Two children, walking alone.
(c) A burning building.
(d) A blinking road sign.
3. During the Quick Years, one of Ish and Em's earliest children dies. What do the adults think is the cause?
(a) He was born with a weak heart.
(b) He hurt his head in a fall.
(c) He caught pneumonia.
(d) He ate rat poison.
4. While Ish is alone in his house and pondering civilization, what does he decide he will never be?
(a) A god.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A leader.
5. After Ish finds out Em is pregnant, what does he use to determine the end of the year?
(a) A dirty calendar.
(b) A surveyor's transit.
(c) A compass and a watch.
(d) A chronograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ish meet when he is loading up his station wagon for his cross-country trip?
2. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
3. While exploring the city, Ish finds a body hanging from a telephone pole. What does the sign say that is attached to the body?
4. What is the name of Ish and Em's second child?
5. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)