|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 1 - 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way back to the city, Ish breaks into a fine home. What does he do while he is there?
(a) Empties the jewelry cabinet.
(b) Listens to a voice on the radio.
(c) Stays for several nights.
(d) Makes himself breakfast.
2. After Ish returns to the drunkard that he met in the city, the man ends up dying. What does Ish do with him ?
(a) Leaves him where he finds him.
(b) Buries him.
(c) Dumps him with the other bodies.
(d) Wraps him in a blanket.
3. At one point, Ish considers suicide, but there is one particular reason he decides not to kill himself. What gives Ish the will to live?
(a) The fear of death.
(b) The books he reads.
(c) Curiosity about his parents.
(d) Being an observer.
4. What do the older members of the community notice that
they think "pushes back the darkness" a little?
(a) The birth of children.
(b) The number of years everyone has survived.
(c) The sudden arrival of visitors.
(d) The progress in building the village.
5. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
(a) His car is making a strange noise.
(b) All the people are gone.
(c) An unfriendly, dirty man is yellilng at him.
(d) People are hiding in the courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. While driving back home after his cross-country trip, what animals does Ish notice have disappeared?
2. When pondering about mankind, Ish comes up with a definition for them. What definition does he use?
3. While Ish is traveling to the east coast, he kills an animal, eating its liver afterward. What kind of animal does Ish kill?
4. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
5. While exploring the city, Ish finds a body hanging from a telephone pole. What does the sign say that is attached to the body?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)