|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 1 - 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
2. What type of animal begins to invade the city after Ish and Em find one another?
(a) Feral cats.
(b) Wild dogs.
3. Why do Em and Ish decide to keep Princess in the house during the infestation?
(a) Because of something that Ish finds.
(b) Because they have seen a strange man who won't speak with them.
(c) For protection.
(d) Because they're afraid she will run away.
4. How does Ish first find out about the virus?
(a) A crackling radio station.
(b) A thief.
(c) A handwritten note on a body.
(d) A newspaper headline.
5. In the Quick Years, which new discovery or hobby causes the children to be so delighted
they name Year Ten after it?
Short Answer Questions
1. On his trip back to his hometown from the east coast, Ish has to drive a long way around something. What causes Ish to detour?
2. On his way back to the city, Ish breaks into a fine home. What does he do while he is there?
3. What does Ish become obsessed with doing while the city is being overrun by a certain kind of animal?
4. How do Ish and Em decide to mark the years?
5. What does Em think of Princess?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)