|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 1 - 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescued Evie when she was living alone?
2. What event affects the house of Ish's neighbor that Ish refuses to fix?
(a) A clogged drain.
(b) An electrical fire.
(c) A severe storm.
(d) Ish wrecking his car.
3. What does Ish find when he arrives home after his trip to the east coast?
(a) His parents left him a note.
(b) His note is untouched.
(c) His door is broken.
(d) Someone has been in his home.
4. What does Ish notice is peculiar about one of the towns he visits on his drive home from Black Creek?
(a) People are hiding in the courthouse.
(b) An unfriendly, dirty man is yellilng at him.
(c) His car is making a strange noise.
(d) All the people are gone.
5. While living alone, what book does Ish begin reading that makes him uneasy?
(a) Arabian Nights.
(b) The Koran.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Ish's trip to the east, he meets a small family in Arkansas. What are they doing?
2. What can Joey do better than any of the other children?
3. On his way back to town after his illness, what does Ish do when he reaches Johnson's?
4. On his trip back to his hometown from the east coast, Ish has to drive a long way around something. What causes Ish to detour?
5. While scavenging for food in his hometown, what item of food does Ish find to be inedible because of mice and weevils?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)