|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Paul of Chani after his vision?
(a) The real moon, through the window.
(b) The pain Paul feels in his skull.
(c) Flowers from a gift basket.
(d) Perfume from a garden.
2. What dangerous thing does Alia do?
(a) Takes an overdose of spice.
(b) Gives her heart to Hayt.
(c) Allows herself to sink into depression.
(d) Plays ball with a little boy in the street.
3. Hayt says Alia has a great ability with ____________.
4. What gift did Paul receive from the Fremen Naibs?
(a) A sophist.
(b) A panegyrist.
(c) A jester.
(d) A eulogist.
5. What does Korba demand?
(a) To confront his accuser.
(c) To be put to death quickly.
(d) To be able to prove his innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hayt have when the Tleilaxu first awakened him?
2. When does Paul notice that the girl is really Scytale, the Face Dancer?
3. According to Fremen law, who presides when life and death are at issue?
4. What does Alia keep thinking of?
5. What is El Kuds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes through Mohiam's mind on her way to see Paul?
2. What does Paul say about people's preferences in government?
3. Describe the negotiations between Paul and Mohiam.
4. How does Alia act during the ritual? Why?
5. What does the vision of the falling moon mean?
6. What dangerous thing does Alia do? Why does she do it?
7. Why do the attendants make Alia angry?
8. How does Paul still see?
9. Describe Paul's feelings toward Chani in this chapter.
10. Why does Chani want to kill Irulan?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)