|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delio think of Antonio confronting the Cardinal with the hope of reconciliation?
(a) That Antonio should not go on such a dangerous errand.
(b) That Antonio should pray at a church first.
(c) That they should hire Ferdinand to confront the Cardinal.
(d) That Antonio has also gone mad.
2. Although several community members are brought to the Duchess's chamber to torture her, what does the Duchess say they actually do?
(a) Entertain her.
(b) Allow her to send messages out of the palace.
(c) Keep her sane, since she knows she is not as mad as they are.
(d) Provide good conversation.
3. What does the Cardinal do to the Duchess and her family?
(a) Baptize them
(b) Officially marry Antonio and the Duchess, and recognize their children as legitimate.
(c) Banish them
(d) Forgive them
4. How is the Duchess murdered?
(a) By poison
(b) By stabbing
(c) By strangulation
(d) By hanging
5. After Pescara responds to Julia's letter from the Cardinal, where does he say he is going?
(a) To church.
(b) To see the Cardinal right away.
(c) To the town market.
(d) To visit Ferdinand, who is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ferdinand pay Bosola for murdering the Duchess?
2. Who kills Antonio?
3. After learning that the Cardinal is giving away Antonio's property, Antonio decides to try to:
4. What role do the pilgrims play toward the end of the scene where the Cardinal resigns his position?
5. When Ferdinand descends into madness, what kind of creature does he think he is?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)