|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand tell Bosola to do in regards to the Duke of Malfi?
(a) Ask him for money for the upcoming war.
(b) Write to him.
(c) Advise him about the problems in the local government.
(d) Go and seek his religious counsel.
2. How does Pescara respond to the request in the letter?
(a) He grants it.
(b) He burns the letter.
(c) He decides to think about it overnight.
(d) He is outraged over it, and refuses to do anything.
3. After Pescara responds to Julia's letter from the Cardinal, where does he say he is going?
(a) To visit Ferdinand, who is sick.
(b) To see the Cardinal right away.
(c) To church.
(d) To the town market.
4. Antonio says he does not want to live his life "by halves." What does this mean?
(a) That he doesn't want to live in hiding and in fear.
(b) That he needs to get servants to help around the house.
(c) That he wants to remarry.
(d) That he wants to be rich again.
5. When the Duchess sees the fake scene, what does she express?
(a) She will find a way to break free.
(b) She will love her brothers, no matter how cruel they are to her.
(c) She wishes she were dead.
(d) She has already taken poison, and will die soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pilgrims think about what the Cardinal does to the Duchess and her family?
2. Act 3, Scene 3 is a scene with many characters discussing a minor plot while a few other characters -- including Delio -- are making side comments and observing Ferdinand and the Cardinal. Delio's comments convey that he:
3. Antonio and Delio are talking in a public place about the Cardinal's proposed offer of reconciliation. What does Delio think of it?
4. Who murders Julia?
5. When Antonio and the Duchess separate at the end of Act 3, Antonio takes with him:
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)