|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the structure of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) It is done in absolute silence.
(b) Much of the action is done without dialogue but with song instead.
(c) No one actually sees each other; they are talking only through walls.
(d) It is done only by candlelight.
2. Which community members does Ferdinand round up as part of his sister's torture?
(a) Madmen from the local hospital
(b) Sick people from the village
(c) Priests to remind her of her sins
(d) Local soldiers trained in physical torture
3. The Duchess tells Antonio about a dream she has. What does she describe happens in the dream?
(a) The Duchess becomes queen.
(b) The family reclaims its honor.
(c) The family takes a boat trip somewhere.
(d) The diamonds in her crown are changed to pearls.
4. When the Duchess is imprisoned, Ferdinand shows her a scene that she does not know is fake. What does the scene show?
(a) Her imprisoned servants
(b) Her imprisoned husband and children
(c) Her murdered servants
(d) Her murdered husband and children.
5. What does Bosola bring to the Duchess and Antonio once they have left Malfi?
(a) A dagger
(c) A letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delio think of Antonio confronting the Cardinal with the hope of reconciliation?
2. Antonio and Delio are talking in a public place about the Cardinal's proposed offer of reconciliation. What does Delio think of it?
3. Who is the Duke of Malfi?
4. What does the Cardinal do to the Duchess and her family?
5. What position is the Cardinal resigning from?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)