|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bosola treat the old lady who he meets in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) With manners and respect
(b) With contempt and rudeness
(c) With sadness and grief
(d) With surprise and excitement
2. What does Delio ask Julia to do for him?
(a) Murder the Cardinal.
(b) Become his mistress.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Spy on Ferdinand.
3. When Delio and Julia are talking about a potential arrangement, someone walks in and interrupts. What does this person announce?
(a) That it is time for her to go to church.
(b) That dinner is ready.
(c) That Julia's husband is searching for her.
(d) That Julia's husband has delivered a letter to Ferdinand that has made him angry.
4. When Delio is proposing an arrangement between himself and Julia, what does he offer Julia for her service?
(a) A jewel-encrusted dagger
(b) A new palace
5. What two main characters are wandering around the palace in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Antonio and the Duchess
(b) Bosola and the Duchess
(c) Antonio and Bosola
(d) Bosola and the Cardinal
6. Antonio and Delio are:
(a) Father and son
(d) Good friends
7. What reason does Bosola give for being out of his room in the middle of the night (when everyone is supposed to be staying in their bedchambers)?
(a) He had a nightmare and couldn't sleep.
(b) He always takes walks at night.
(c) He wanted to go to the courtyard to pray.
(d) He was trying to get his new baby to go to sleep.
8. What does Ferdinand vow as Act 3, Scene 1 concludes?
(a) To fast as punishment for his evil deeds.
(b) To never sin again.
(c) To be a better brother to his sister.
(d) To get a confession from the Duchess.
9. The Duchess thinks that her brothers' advice about remarrying:
(a) Will make her feel better after they leave.
(b) Was something she already knew.
(c) Is very smart for a woman in her position.
(d) Was rehearsed.
10. How does the Cardinal respond to Ferdinand's suggestion after learning the news?
(a) He doesn't think he is mad enough.
(b) He's crying too much to notice Ferdinand's reaction.
(c) He leaves the room before he sees Ferdinand's reaction.
(d) He thinks he is over-reacting a bit.
11. Antonio accuses Cariola of:
(a) Betraying him and the Duchess.
(b) Stealing money from the Duchess.
(c) Stealing money from the church.
(d) Having an affair with Delio.
12. What does Delio pledge to Antonio before he departs for abroad?
(a) His daughter for marriage when she's old enough
(b) That he'll never return
(c) That he'll bring back an army
(d) His loyalty
13. Which words best describes the Cardinal's reaction to the news?
14. What relationship do Julia and Castruchio have?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They have no relationship.
15. After the proposal, the Duchess and Antonio:
(a) Run to tell her brothers before they've gone too far.
(b) Elope to Paris.
(c) Send Cariola for a priest.
(d) Declare their marriage with Cariola as a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bosola treat the Old Lady when he catches her in a hurry?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, who does the Duchess tell that she is secretly married to Antonio?
3. How many children does the Duchess have when Act 3 opens?
4. How do Ferdinand and the Cardinal learn this new information?
5. What do Antonio and the Duchess tease Cariola about when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)