|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ferdinand confronts the Duchess about her children, which of the following does the Duchess offer to Ferdinand?
(a) Her promise never to disobey him again if he will only lend her some money.
(b) Information that Ferdinand is being spied upon by the Cardinal.
(c) Nothing; she refuses to speak to him.
(d) That he can finally meet her husband -- and know who he is.
2. What reason did Julia give her husband for coming to Rome?
(a) To visit sick relatives.
(b) Religious reasons
(c) For a relaxing vacation.
(d) She wanted to get some new dresses in the city.
3. Antonio accuses Cariola of:
(a) Having an affair with Delio.
(b) Betraying him and the Duchess.
(c) Stealing money from the Duchess.
(d) Stealing money from the church.
4. What does Delio tell Julia about her husband?
(a) That he has hurried to Rome.
(b) That he also wants a divorce.
(c) That he and her sister are waiting for her at the market.
(d) That he says their child is very sick, so she must return to Malfi.
5. What key piece of information do the Cardinal and Ferdinand finally have in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The Duchess has run away.
(b) The Duchess has had a baby.
(c) Antonio is stealing from the Duchess.
(d) The Duchess is coming to visit them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bosola gives the Duchess fruit that makes her "sick," what does Bosola worry about the fruit?
2. Antonio first describes the Duchess as:
3. Once he learns the news, Ferdinand seems most focused on:
4. The Cardinal makes Pescara, Malateste, Roderigo, and Grisolan promise him something, so that he can dispose of Julia's body. What is it?
5. What response does Antonio give to Bosola about Bosola's excuse for being out of his room?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)