|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess hires Bosola as:
(a) Her horseman/stable keeper
(b) Her chef
(c) Her personal assistant
(d) Her guard
2. What relationship do Julia and Castruchio have?
(a) They have no relationship.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are neighbors.
3. Which character is the Duchess's twin brother?
(d) The Cardinal
4. How does the Cardinal believe the Duchess should be punished?
(a) By being banished with Antonio and their children.
(b) By having to pay the church as penance for her sins.
(c) By going into solitude for 1 year.
(d) He believes she should be forgiven for her sins.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, it becomes clear that Bosola thinks what of the Cardinal?
(a) That he is dishonest and has the devil in him.
(b) Bosola doesn't know him well enough to have an opinion yet.
(c) That he is an excellent horseman.
(d) That he is an honest, trustworthy religious man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What key piece of information do the Cardinal and Ferdinand finally have in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. When Ferdinand returns to the Duchess's court and speaks with her about her children, what does the Duchess think?
3. Before the play begins, the Cardinal and Bosola knew each other because:
4. What item does Ferdinand give the Duchess when he leaps into her room and surprises her?
5. What does Antonio do to make sure no one knows what is happening with the Duchess?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)