|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ferdinand pay Bosola for murdering the Duchess?
(a) With gold
(b) He doesn't pay him.
(c) With horses and livestock
(d) With jewels
2. What does Delio think of Antonio confronting the Cardinal with the hope of reconciliation?
(a) That Antonio should pray at a church first.
(b) That Antonio should not go on such a dangerous errand.
(c) That Antonio has also gone mad.
(d) That they should hire Ferdinand to confront the Cardinal.
3. Although several community members are brought to the Duchess's chamber to torture her, what does the Duchess say they actually do?
(a) Entertain her.
(b) Keep her sane, since she knows she is not as mad as they are.
(c) Allow her to send messages out of the palace.
(d) Provide good conversation.
4. Who kills Antonio?
(b) His own son
(d) The Cardinal
5. When Ferdinand returns to the Duchess's court and speaks with her about her children, what does the Duchess think?
(a) That he is going to kill her later.
(b) That he will lend her money for her children.
(c) That Antonio has been arrested.
(d) That everything is in the open about her marriage and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bosola give for being out of his room in the middle of the night (when everyone is supposed to be staying in their bedchambers)?
2. Cariola's statement after the wedding can be seen as foreshadowing what?
3. How does the Cardinal believe the Duchess should be punished?
4. What does Delio pledge to Antonio before he departs for abroad?
5. What first causes Bosola to be suspicious of Antonio?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)