|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julia gives Pescara a letter, which contains a request from the Cardinal. What does it say?
(a) That Pescara must leave for Rome at once.
(b) That Pescara should give Julia some of Antonio's former property.
(c) That Pescara is being promoted to being a cardinal.
(d) That Pescara should kill Julia as soon as possible.
2. Who murders Julia?
(c) The Cardinal
3. When the Cardinal and Ferdinand are speaking in Act 2, Scene 5, where does their conversation take place?
(a) Julia's room
(b) The city market
(c) The Cardinal's palace
(d) On the street
4. What does Bosola do upon finding Antonio's dropped item outside of the Duchess's door?
(a) Send a letter to the Duchess's brothers
(b) Burn it
(c) Use it to blackmail Antonio later
(d) Plan to sell it in the morning
5. When Antonio and the Duchess separate at the end of Act 3, Antonio takes with him:
(a) Their family crest
(b) Their eldest son
(c) All of their children
(d) What little money they have left
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, it becomes clear that Bosola thinks what of the Cardinal?
2. What do the Cardinal and Ferdinand tell the Duchess before they leave to go live abroad?
3. What reason did Julia give her husband for coming to Rome?
4. What is/are the gender(s) of the Duchess's child(ren)?
5. Why do the pilgrims think what they do about the Duchess's choice to marry Antonio?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)