|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Cardinal asks Bosola to kill Antonio, Bosola:
(a) Says he'll do it, but for a very high price.
(b) Lies to the Cardinal, and says he'll do it.
(c) Hires someone else to do it.
(d) Agrees to do it.
2. When the Cardinal and Ferdinand are speaking in Act 2, Scene 5, where does their conversation take place?
(a) Julia's room
(b) The Cardinal's palace
(c) On the street
(d) The city market
3. What women are involved in the scheming of Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) The Old Woman
4. How does the Duchess describe herself before she exits Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) As growing fat and short of breath.
(b) As very shy.
(c) As very excited about an upcoming party.
(d) As angry because her attendants never leave her alone.
5. Ferdinand believes that the Duchess is damned specifically because:
(a) She has had children while remaining unmarried.
(b) She has made a false religious pilgrimage.
(c) She has lied to members of the church.
(d) She has lied to her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two main characters are wandering around the palace in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is/are the gender(s) of the Duchess's child(ren)?
3. Initially, who is the Duchess is engaged to marry:
4. In an effort to protect Antonio, the Duchess lies about what?
5. The Cardinal's career change is best described as:
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)