|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, we learn that the Duchess:
(a) Is a young widow
(b) Is too old to ever get married
(c) Is engaged to be married
(d) Is married with 3 children
2. What does Antonio announce has been stolen from the Duchess's chamber?
(a) Expensive jewels
(b) Her family dagger
(c) Her secret legal papers
(d) Her baby
3. Why is the Old Lady in such a hurry?
(a) She is trying to meet Bosola secretly before he leaves.
(b) She is helping the Duchess give birth.
(c) She is trying to find Bosola to get her revenge on him.
(d) She is helping the Duchess flee in the night.
4. Why did Bosola think that he had proven that the Duchess was pregnant?
(a) Because he made her cry with a sad story.
(b) Because she couldn't run after him very quickly.
(c) Because she quickly ate the apricots he gave her.
(d) Because she wouldn't accept a tight dress he gave her.
5. How does Bosola treat the old lady who he meets in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) With sadness and grief
(b) With surprise and excitement
(c) With manners and respect
(d) With contempt and rudeness
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the Duchess's twin brother?
2. Ferdinand believes that the Duchess is damned specifically because:
3. When Delio and Julia are talking about a potential arrangement, someone walks in and interrupts. What does this person announce?
4. When Delios and Julia are interrupted, how does Julia react to the interruption?
5. Antonio responds to the Duchess's proposal by saying that:
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)