|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duchess say to Antonio after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) That she thinks her brothers will be arriving soon.
(b) That she no longer loves him.
(c) That she fears she is undone.
(d) That she is happy to be going on a trip.
2. What women are involved in the scheming of Act 3, Scene 3?
(d) The Old Woman
3. When Ferdinand returns to the Duchess's court and speaks with her about her children, what does the Duchess think?
(a) That he is going to kill her later.
(b) That he will lend her money for her children.
(c) That everything is in the open about her marriage and children.
(d) That Antonio has been arrested.
4. The Duchess tells Antonio about a dream she has. What does she describe happens in the dream?
(a) The family reclaims its honor.
(b) The diamonds in her crown are changed to pearls.
(c) The family takes a boat trip somewhere.
(d) The Duchess becomes queen.
5. Which of the following characters are all related?
(a) Antonio, Bosola, and the Duchess
(b) The Cardinal, Ferdinand, and the Duchess
(c) Ferdinand, Antonio, and Bosola
(d) The Cardinal, Ferdinand, and Antonio
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do Julia and Castruchio have?
2. What does Bosola give to the Duchess to try to find out the truth about her "condition"?
3. What sound was supposedly heard from the Duchess's room that caused Bosola to be suspicious?
4. Which words best describes the Cardinal's reaction to the news?
5. During her imprisonment, what does the Duchess declare is the worst kind of torture?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)