|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ferdinand returns to the Duchess's court and speaks with her about her children, what does the Duchess think?
(a) That he is going to kill her later.
(b) That he will lend her money for her children.
(c) That Antonio has been arrested.
(d) That everything is in the open about her marriage and children.
2. Ferdinand's behavior upon hearing the news foreshadows:
(a) His coming madness
(b) His repentance.
(c) His death from the plague.
(d) His financial ruin.
3. After Ferdinand confronts the Duchess about her children, which of the following does the Duchess offer to Ferdinand?
(a) Her promise never to disobey him again if he will only lend her some money.
(b) That he can finally meet her husband -- and know who he is.
(c) Nothing; she refuses to speak to him.
(d) Information that Ferdinand is being spied upon by the Cardinal.
4. What rumor about Antonio and the Duchess is circulating among the nobility?
(a) That Antonio is stealing from the church.
(b) That Antonio is cheating the Duchess out of her money.
(c) That Antonio has several wives.
(d) That Antonio has murdered someone.
5. What does Bosola suspect is "wrong" with the Duchess?
(a) That she is going to run away.
(b) That she is spending lots of money in secret.
(c) That she is planning to join a nunnery.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is the Duchess's twin brother?
2. What confirmed information does Bosola have in Act 2, Scene 2, that he didn't have before?
3. When Ferdinand confronts the Duchess about having children, who does he think is their father?
4. Once he learns the news, Ferdinand seems most focused on:
5. At the beginning of the play, we learn that the Duchess:
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)