|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio first describes the Duchess as:
(a) Mean, scheming, and vengeful
(b) Not very smart and in need of guidance
(c) Not well respected by the people who know her
(d) Beautiful, good, and noble
2. When the Duchess tells Ferdinand what she thought of his advice about remarrying, he:
(a) Embraces her in a long hug.
(b) Gives her a secret letter she should read later.
(c) Gets sad again about having to leave.
(d) Shows her a dagger as a threat.
3. Antonio responds to the Duchess's proposal by saying that:
(a) He finds the idea laughable.
(b) He is not worthy of her, but loves and is devoted to her anyway.
(c) He cannot marry someone as old as she is.
(d) He is above her position in society, but will think about her offer.
4. What does Bosola suspect is "wrong" with the Duchess?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is going to run away.
(c) That she is spending lots of money in secret.
(d) That she is planning to join a nunnery.
5. Antonio tells Bosola that Bosola is the chief suspect in:
(a) The theft of the Duchess's jewels.
(b) The loud singing heard throughout the palace at night.
(c) Being the father of the Duchess's baby.
(d) The theft of the silverware in the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bosola think that he had proven that the Duchess was pregnant?
2. What does Bosola give to the Duchess to try to find out the truth about her "condition"?
3. How many children does the Duchess have when Act 3 opens?
4. Which word best describes Ferdinand's reaction the news?
5. What reason does Bosola give for being out of his room in the middle of the night (when everyone is supposed to be staying in their bedchambers)?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)