|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand tell the Duchess she must do if she is to keep her husband alive?
(a) Lock him in a cell.
(b) Acknowledge him publicly as her husband.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Go to confession at church.
2. What do Antonio and the Duchess tease Cariola about when Act 3, Scene 2 opens?
(a) That she is in love with another attendant.
(b) That she doesn't want to get married.
(c) That she can't cook very well.
(d) That she has gained some weight recently.
3. How does Delio react to Antonio's secret?
(a) With jealousy.
(b) With amazement, and a promise to keep Antonio's secret.
(c) With frustration at always being the last to know.
(d) With anger that Antonio hadn't told him before.
4. Antonio tells Bosola that Bosola is the chief suspect in:
(a) The loud singing heard throughout the palace at night.
(b) The theft of the Duchess's jewels.
(c) Being the father of the Duchess's baby.
(d) The theft of the silverware in the palace.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, it becomes clear that Bosola thinks what of the Cardinal?
(a) That he is an honest, trustworthy religious man.
(b) That he is dishonest and has the devil in him.
(c) Bosola doesn't know him well enough to have an opinion yet.
(d) That he is an excellent horseman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Antonio confronts Bosola outside of the Duchess's room, what does he drop as he walks away from Bosola?
2. After Ferdinand confronts the Duchess about her children, which of the following does the Duchess offer to Ferdinand?
3. What does Antonio do to make sure no one knows what is happening with the Duchess?
4. Who does the Cardinal hire to spy on the Duchess?
5. Where does Antonio send Delio?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)