|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Antonio confronts Bosola outside of the Duchess's room, what does he drop as he walks away from Bosola?
(a) A few pieces of gold
(b) A nativity/horoscope for the new baby
(c) The Duchess's blood-stained handkerchief
(d) His dagger
2. What causes Antonio to be suspicious of Bosola?
(a) The book Bosola is reading.
(b) The lyrics of a song Bosola is singing
(c) How Bosola is dressed.
(d) Bosola's wandering around the palace after everyone was supposed to stay in their rooms.
3. What reason does Bosola give for being out of his room in the middle of the night (when everyone is supposed to be staying in their bedchambers)?
(a) He was trying to get his new baby to go to sleep.
(b) He wanted to go to the courtyard to pray.
(c) He had a nightmare and couldn't sleep.
(d) He always takes walks at night.
4. Why is the Old Lady in such a hurry?
(a) She is helping the Duchess give birth.
(b) She is trying to meet Bosola secretly before he leaves.
(c) She is helping the Duchess flee in the night.
(d) She is trying to find Bosola to get her revenge on him.
5. At the beginning of the play, we learn that the Duchess:
(a) Is married with 3 children
(b) Is a young widow
(c) Is engaged to be married
(d) Is too old to ever get married
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Julia really come to Rome?
2. Why does the Old Lady return to the scene after the Duchess has eaten Bosola's fruit?
3. The Duchess proposes to Antonio by:
4. What prized possession does Antonio entrust with Delio?
5. Where does Antonio send Delio?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)