|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Duchess leaves after eating the fruit Bosola gave her, she is feeling:
(a) Not very well at all
(b) Very happy
(c) Very sleepy
(d) Very energetic
2. After the proposal, the Duchess and Antonio:
(a) Elope to Paris.
(b) Run to tell her brothers before they've gone too far.
(c) Declare their marriage with Cariola as a witness.
(d) Send Cariola for a priest.
3. What does Antonio do to make sure no one knows what is happening with the Duchess?
(a) Orders all of the court gates shut.
(b) Lies and announces that she has died.
(c) Gives her a sleeping potion.
(d) Sends her away.
4. Once he learns the news, Ferdinand seems most focused on:
(b) Going to see his sister so he can celebrate with her.
(c) Figuring out who is going to pay to raise the baby.
(d) Supporting his sister.
5. Cariola's statement after the wedding can be seen as foreshadowing what?
(a) How many kids the Duchess and Antonio will have.
(b) The trouble that will come from the secrecy of the marriage.
(c) That the happy new couple will soon become very wealthy.
(d) That the Duchess's youth will prevent the couple from being happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Antonio tell Delio in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. When Delios and Julia are interrupted, how does Julia react to the interruption?
3. During Julia and Delio's conversation, Julia mentions in an aside that:
4. When the Duchess tells Ferdinand what she thought of his advice about remarrying, he:
5. What does Bosola suspect is "wrong" with the Duchess?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)