|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Duchess first plans to speak with Antonio, she asks Cariola to:
(a) Hide behind a curtain.
(b) Go start cooking dinner for everyone.
(c) Leave the building.
(d) Fix her hair and make-up.
2. Antonio is worried about what with the Duchess's brothers?
(a) Their reaction to not being invited to such a big event.
(b) Their reaction to how much money was spent on the party after the wedding.
(c) Their greed for Antonio's great wealth.
(d) Their reaction and lack of approval.
3. Cariola's statement after the wedding can be seen as foreshadowing what?
(a) The trouble that will come from the secrecy of the marriage.
(b) That the Duchess's youth will prevent the couple from being happy.
(c) That the happy new couple will soon become very wealthy.
(d) How many kids the Duchess and Antonio will have.
4. The Duchess thinks that her brothers' advice about remarrying:
(a) Was something she already knew.
(b) Was rehearsed.
(c) Will make her feel better after they leave.
(d) Is very smart for a woman in her position.
5. What confirmed information does Bosola have in Act 2, Scene 2, that he didn't have before?
(a) That Antonio is stealing from the Duchess.
(b) That the Duchess and Antonio are married.
(c) That the Duchess's brothers are on their way back.
(d) That the Duchess is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the play begins, the Cardinal and Bosola knew each other because:
2. Why did Bosola think that he had proven that the Duchess was pregnant?
3. What reason does Bosola give for being out of his room in the middle of the night (when everyone is supposed to be staying in their bedchambers)?
4. How does the Cardinal respond to Ferdinand's suggestion after learning the news?
5. What causes Antonio to be suspicious of Bosola?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)