|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bosola treat the old lady who he meets in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) With surprise and excitement
(b) With sadness and grief
(c) With manners and respect
(d) With contempt and rudeness
2. Who does the Cardinal hire to spy on the Duchess?
(d) No one
3. How does Delio react to Antonio's secret?
(a) With jealousy.
(b) With amazement, and a promise to keep Antonio's secret.
(c) With frustration at always being the last to know.
(d) With anger that Antonio hadn't told him before.
4. Antonio responds to the Duchess's proposal by saying that:
(a) He is above her position in society, but will think about her offer.
(b) He cannot marry someone as old as she is.
(c) He is not worthy of her, but loves and is devoted to her anyway.
(d) He finds the idea laughable.
5. Initially, who is the Duchess is engaged to marry:
(c) No one
(d) the Cardinal
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delio tell Antonio to ease his fears after the Duchess eats the fruit Bosola gave her?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, which of the following men is described as very honest?
3. What does Bosola suspect is "wrong" with the Duchess?
4. What secret does Antonio tell Delio in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. When the Duchess tells Ferdinand what she thought of his advice about remarrying, he:
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)