|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duchess say to Antonio after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) That she is happy to be going on a trip.
(b) That she thinks her brothers will be arriving soon.
(c) That she no longer loves him.
(d) That she fears she is undone.
2. What does Bosola suspect is "wrong" with the Duchess?
(a) That she is planning to join a nunnery.
(b) That she is going to run away.
(c) That she is spending lots of money in secret.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. Cariola's statement after the wedding can be seen as foreshadowing what?
(a) That the happy new couple will soon become very wealthy.
(b) The trouble that will come from the secrecy of the marriage.
(c) That the Duchess's youth will prevent the couple from being happy.
(d) How many kids the Duchess and Antonio will have.
4. What does Bosola give to the Duchess to try to find out the truth about her "condition"?
5. Why is Antonio afraid when the Duchess leaves so quickly after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) Because he doesn't want her to die.
(b) Because she might discover he is stealing her money.
(c) Because he thinks she is cheating on him with someone else.
(d) Because she is going into labor before she could be taken somewhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Antonio tell Delio in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Before the play begins, the Cardinal and Bosola knew each other because:
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, which of the following men is described as very honest?
4. Antonio responds to the Duchess's proposal by saying that:
5. After the proposal, the Duchess and Antonio:
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)