|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio and Delio are:
(a) Father and son
(d) Good friends
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, it becomes clear that Bosola thinks what of the Cardinal?
(a) That he is dishonest and has the devil in him.
(b) Bosola doesn't know him well enough to have an opinion yet.
(c) That he is an excellent horseman.
(d) That he is an honest, trustworthy religious man.
3. The Duchess hires Bosola as:
(a) Her chef
(b) Her personal assistant
(c) Her horseman/stable keeper
(d) Her guard
4. What do the Cardinal and Ferdinand tell the Duchess before they leave to go live abroad?
(a) That she must marry to reclaim her honor.
(b) That they will send for her within 3 months when they find a husband for her.
(c) That she should not marry.
(d) That they have already found a husband for her.
5. After the proposal, the Duchess and Antonio:
(a) Send Cariola for a priest.
(b) Run to tell her brothers before they've gone too far.
(c) Elope to Paris.
(d) Declare their marriage with Cariola as a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Delio react to Antonio's secret?
2. Why did Bosola think that he had proven that the Duchess was pregnant?
3. Cariola's statement after the wedding can be seen as foreshadowing what?
4. What does the Duchess say to Antonio after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
5. The Duchess hires Bosola because:
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)