|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does the captain of the Gloriana make with Roger in Chapter 39 in a deal to save the baby's life?
2. Who does Brianna arrange to meet alone in Chapter 41?
3. Against whom does Roger pledge revenge when he regains consciousness in Chapter 51?
4. Where is Brianna's baby born in Chapter 64?
5. What had Roger stolen from Stephen Bonnet that he hopes to return to Claire in Chapter 46?
Short Essay Questions
1. What medical procedure does Claire suggest she might perform on Brianna to make her life easier?
2. Why does Jocasta want Brianna to find a man to marry?
3. What does Brianna learn about Lord John Grey that she uses to force him to become her fiance?
4. What does Jamie admit he has done to Roger? Why?
5. With whom does Brianna visit when she arrives in 1769?
6. Who asks Jocasta to marry him?
7. What job does Roger take when he attempts to make his way to America?
8. Who does Brianna tell her mother could be the father of her baby?
9. How does Roger react to having been sold to the Indians?
10. What story does Lizzie tell Claire and Jamie that convinces them that their daughter has been the victim of assault at Roger's hands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and find examples of each of the following elements of style in the novel:
Essay Topic 2
Who is Roger Wakefield? What role does he play in Brianna's life? How is Roger related to Jamie Fraser and his family? How does Roger save his own great grandmother six times removed? Why? Was this intentional? Could this change Roger's life in the 1970s? Why does Roger follow Brianna to the 1770s? How doe he follow her? What knowledge does Roger's relative, Fiona, have that helps him? What happens to Roger when he arrives in the past?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jamie sell Roger to the Indians? Was this a common practice in Jamie's time? What were the Indians to do with Roger? How does Roger react to this situation? Why does Roger not escape? Why do the Indians sell Roger to the Mohawks? What do the Mohawks do to Roger? Who is Alexandre? Why do the Indians hate Alexandre? Why do they decide to put him to death? How does his death change the way the Mohawks view Roger?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)