|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jocasta attempt to play matchmaker for Brianna in Chapter 56?
(a) To to hide the baby's illigitimacy.
(b) To make her great-neice happy.
(c) To make Brianna and her husband her heirs.
(d) To give the baby a father.
2. What does Lizzie believe happened between Brianna and Roger in Chapter 40?
(a) Roger raped Brianna.
(b) Roger beat Brianna.
(c) Brianna beat Roger.
(d) Brianna married Roger.
3. Who joins Alexandre in his execution in Chapter 60?
(a) His lover.
(b) His child.
4. Why does Brianna need to buy a servant in Chapter 35?
(a) To care for her personal needs.
(b) To provide a chaperon for dates.
(c) To help her find Jamie.
(d) To aid her in her journey to America.
5. What is the cause of tension between Brianna and Jamie when they finally meet?
(b) Frank Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alexandre tell Roger he could not baptize his own child in Chapter 55?
2. What name does Brianna choose to call her biological father in Chapter 42?
3. Who does Brianna claim really raped her in Chapter 44?
4. What job does Roger get on a ship traveling to America in Chapter 36?
5. What had Roger stolen from Stephen Bonnet that he hopes to return to Claire in Chapter 46?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brianna buy the servant she buys?
2. What happens when Alexandre is put to death by the Mohawks?
3. What sex is Brianna's baby? Who offers to become the child's legal father?
4. Why does Jocasta want Brianna to find a man to marry?
5. What story does Lizzie tell Claire and Jamie that convinces them that their daughter has been the victim of assault at Roger's hands?
6. Who asks Jocasta to marry him?
7. Where does Brianna go for the duration of her pregnancy?
8. Who attacks Lord John Grey? For what reason?
9. Who does Brianna tell her mother could be the father of her baby?
10. What medical procedure does Claire suggest she might perform on Brianna to make her life easier?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)