|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Lord John Grey out of revenge for a dead slave in Chapter 62?
(a) Roger Wakefield.
(c) Sergeant Murchison.
2. Who joins Alexandre in his execution in Chapter 60?
(a) His child.
(c) His lover.
3. Why does Jocasta attempt to play matchmaker for Brianna in Chapter 56?
(a) To make her great-neice happy.
(b) To give the baby a father.
(c) To make Brianna and her husband her heirs.
(d) To to hide the baby's illigitimacy.
4. What does Jamie wonder about Brianna's baby at its birth in Chapter 64?
(a) Who will care for it.
(b) Who will care for Brianna after she has been spoiled.
(c) What its name should be.
(d) Who the father is.
5. What does Roger find during a brief escape attempt in Chapter 51?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) Brianna's home.
(d) Another stone circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie believe happened between Brianna and Roger in Chapter 40?
2. What does Brianna see on the hand of a stranger in Chapter 41?
3. Why does Alexandre tell Roger he could not baptize his own child in Chapter 55?
4. Whom does Brianna meet upon her arrival in 1769?
5. Who created the tombstone Claire saw for Jamie in Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Lizzie tell Claire and Jamie that convinces them that their daughter has been the victim of assault at Roger's hands?
2. What does Brianna learn about Lord John Grey that she uses to force him to become her fiance?
3. What does Jamie admit he has done to Roger? Why?
4. With whom does Brianna visit when she arrives in 1769?
5. Why do the Mohawks want to keep Alexandre captive?
6. Whose life does Roger place his own life on the line for?
7. What job does Roger take when he attempts to make his way to America?
8. Who attacks Lord John Grey? For what reason?
9. What sex is Brianna's baby? Who offers to become the child's legal father?
10. Why does Jocasta want Brianna to find a man to marry?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)