|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Roger and Brianna cleaning out the library in the Reverend's house?
(a) To find Roger's family tree.
(b) To find information on Jamie.
(c) To prepare it for Fiona.
(d) To help the Reverend out.
2. Who admires Jamie's ability to handle danger on his own in Chapter 15?
(b) A group of Scottish hunters.
(d) A group of hunting Indians.
3. What has Gillian written about in her diary?
(a) Her adventures in Scotland.
(b) Her research into the circle of stones.
(c) Attempts to travel in time with the stone circle.
(d) Her ancestors.
4. Who interrupts the party in Chapter 12 in order to get Claire's medical help?
(a) Duncan Innes.
(b) Lord John Grey.
(c) John Quincy Meyers.
(d) Farquard Campbell.
5. Why do Jamie, Claire, and Fergus come to South Carolina in Chapter 1?
(a) To watch an execution.
(b) To take over an abandoned plantation.
(c) To return to the future.
(d) To visit family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie and his group decide to travel when they leave South Carolina?
2. Why does Brianna refuse to accept Roger's proposal in Chapter 18?
3. What illness does the person who interrupted the party in Chapter 12 suffer from?
4. Who sends supplies to Claire and Jamie in Chapter 19, suggesting this person accepts their new living arrangements?
5. What is the name of pub where Jamie and his friends stop while trying to decide what they should do after Gavin's burial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roger Wakefield takes Brianna to a Celtic Festival. What is a Celtic Festival and why does Brianna react so poorly to the festival?
2. What causes Jamie and Claire to have to spend the night alone in the open on a winter night?
3. What is significant about the moon landing in 1969 as compared to Claire's ability to travel in time?
4. What item does Fiona have that helps her and Roger figure out how to use the circle of stones to travel through time?
5. How does Jamie disrupt the hanging as his friend his about to face the gallows?
6. What does Claire find when she falls off a cliff? What is significant about this find?
7. What do Jamie and William find when they arrive at the Indian village?
8. Why does Claire dislike Jamie's friend, Lord John Grey?
9. What does Roger find among his father's papers that he chooses to keep from Brianna? How might this item have affected Brianna's decisions?
10. Who does Fiona leave alone with Roger to clean out the library?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)