|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jamie decide to go to the Indian village with William in Chapter 26?
(a) To get some supplies.
(b) To show William the village.
(c) To ask the Indians about their dead companion.
(d) To get help with the sick.
2. In what time period does Brianna live?
3. Why does Jamie decide to build a home in the mountains in Chapter 16?
(a) To create a stability in their lives.
(b) To Claire stability.
(c) To build a Scottish community.
(d) To provide for his children.
4. Who has this visitor in Chapter 24 brought with him?
(a) Princess Diana of Wales.
(b) William Viscount Ashness, Ninth Earl of Ellesmere.
(c) The governor of North Carolina.
(d) John Quincy Meyers.
5. Who admires Jamie's ability to handle danger on his own in Chapter 15?
(c) A group of hunting Indians.
(d) A group of Scottish hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie do to this creature that poses a threat to him and Claire in Chapter 15?
2. How long does Roger promise to wait for Brianna to marry him in Chapter 18?
3. Who is Gillian or Geillis Edgar?
4. Who do Jamie, Claire and Fergus run into while in South Carolina?
5. What is Fiona's connection to the circle of stones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the circle of stones?
2. Roger Wakefield takes Brianna to a Celtic Festival. What is a Celtic Festival and why does Brianna react so poorly to the festival?
3. Why do Jamie and Claire choose the site in the mountains on which they plan to make their home?
4. Jamie and Claire run into Ian and Duncan Innes as they attempt to buy passage on a ship to Scotland. How is Ian related to Jamie?
5. What are Claire and Jamie looking for as they separate from their friends in the mountains?
6. Why does Jamie decide to go hunting alone in the mountains?
7. What crime do Jamie and Claire come across while talking over their future prospects during a walk at the mills?
8. For what reason does Brianna turn down Roger's offer of marriage?
9. Who boards the boat Sally Ann and robs the passengers?
10. What does Roger find among his father's papers that he chooses to keep from Brianna? How might this item have affected Brianna's decisions?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)