|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Jamie and his young visitor in Chapter 24?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Stepfather and stepson.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
2. What does River Run manufacture?
(d) Soy beans.
3. What happens the first time Roger tries to go through the stones in Chapter 32?
(a) He sees his cousin.
(b) He nearly dies.
(c) It works.
(d) He goes to the wrong time.
4. How does Jamie's group make money with their gems?
(a) They rent them out.
(b) They sell one.
(c) They sell them all.
(d) They do not.
5. Who is Pollyanne escaping from in Chapter 14?
(a) Duncan Innes.
(b) Jocasta Cameron.
(c) Sergeant Merchison.
(d) Froquard Campbell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claire fear Jamie will go, leading to his death?
2. What illness does the person who interrupted the party in Chapter 12 suffer from?
3. Why does Roger take Brianna to Christmas Eve church services in Chapter 17?
4. What injury does Jamie suffer in Chapter 21?
5. Who is Pollyanne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire find when she falls off a cliff? What is significant about this find?
2. Who is Jocasta Cameron and what is manufactured on her plantation, River Run?
3. Who is present at a party Jamie and Claire are invited to in Wilmington, North Carolina? What business deal does this person suggest to Jamie?
4. Why do Jamie and his group board the boat Sally Ann?
5. What crime do Jamie and Claire come across while talking over their future prospects during a walk at the mills?
6. Why do Jamie and Claire choose the site in the mountains on which they plan to make their home?
7. Why is Roger cleaning out his father's house?
8. Why does Claire dislike Jamie's friend, Lord John Grey?
9. Why do Jamie and Claire worry about how to dispose of the body of the measles victim?
10. Who is the ghost in the cemetery that disturbs Jamie, Claire, and their friends as they prepare to bury Gavin?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)