Part One, O Brave New World, Chapter One, A Hanging in Eden Chapter Two, In Which we Meet a Ghost
• In 1767, Fergus, Jamie Fraser, and his wife, Claire, go to watch their friend, Gavin Hayes, hanged.
• Jamie cries out from the crowd, causing a disturbance that leads to one prisoner escaping.
• Jame, Claire and Fergus run into Duncan Innes and Jamie's nephew, Ian, who are in South Carolina to arrange for Ian to return to Scotland and his mother.
• The group decides to go to Cape Fear after burying Gavin Hayes.
• Fergus makes some money gambling.
• Jamie decides they should bury Gavin themselves.
• The fugitive, a friend of Gavin's during their imprisonment, exposes himself to Jamie's group.
• The group agrees to give the fugitive, Stephen Bonnet, a ride up the river.
Part Two, Past Imperfect, Chapter Three, The Minister's Cat, Chapter Four, A Blast from the Past, Chapter Five, Two Hundred Years from Yesterday
This section contains 2,234 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)