|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerald get scolded for doing to Myron when Myron visits Lucinda Elright?
(a) Constantly asking questions of Myron.
(b) Taking his cookie.
(c) Sticking out his tongue at him.
(d) Kicking him.
2. How old were Valerie and Eddie when they met at Pavel's tennis camp?
(a) 10 and 14 respectively.
(b) 16 and 9 respectively.
(c) 14 and 10 respectively.
(d) 9 and 16 respectively.
3. What does Peter cook for Myron that he says he hates?
(c) Snap peas.
4. What piece of information helped Myron put all the pieces of the case together?
(a) Duane's statement about tennis.
(b) Jimmy Blaine's statement about the driver.
(c) Dr. Abramson's statement about Valerie.
(d) Jake's statement about the autopsy.
5. What is Win doing during his last conversation of the novel with Myron?
(c) Watching a movie.
(d) Staring out into the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cue that Win uses to let Myron know that it is safe to approach him at Chelsea's Hotel?
2. According to Dr. Abramson's and Myron's hypothetical situation, what was the beginning of Valerie's downfall?
3. What difference is Win's moral code to Myron's?
4. What words does Myron use to tell Jessica how he feels about her when he finally gets to see her after her return?
5. What does Helen tell Myron about where she is getting the money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the police arrive at Pavel's room after his murder?
2. What is Jessica's take on the murder investigation as she shares with Myron?
3. What does Aunt Clara call Myron about?
4. What is the relationship like between Jessica and Myron?
5. What does Myron confront Deanna about when he goes to the hotel to speak with her and not Duane?
6. What transpires between Eddie and Myron in the locker room the day of the tennis match?
7. What does Myron learn from Ned about the night of the party at the tennis club?
8. How does Myron present his thoughts to Dr. Abramson after he comes to a realization at the tennis match and leaves to go speak with her. What transpires in their conversation?
9. What thought runs through Myron's mind as he walks back to the office from the hotel of Pavel's murder?
10. Upon returning to the tennis match, what thoughts does Myron bring with him and what does he share with Win?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)