|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bradley Cross tell Myron that Eroll and Curtis were doing at the club on the night of the murder?
(a) They were there to sell drugs.
(b) They stole tennis racquets and balls.
(c) They were never there.
(d) They were there to buy drugs.
2. With what type of gun was Valerie shot?
(a) Smith and Wesson 45.
(b) Smith and Wesson 38.
(c) 45 Long Colt.
(d) 357 Magnum.
3. What does Myron want Courter to do for him?
(a) Get a hold of the Cross case.
(b) Give him information about Valerie's case.
(c) Find out Valerie's past crimes.
(d) Find out who is in the powder blue Cadillac.
4. What is Sheriff Courter's appearance like?
(a) Always rumpled.
(b) Suit and tie.
(c) Jeans and a polo shirt.
5. What does Esperanza claim that Errol and Curtis may have been out to steal from the country club?
(b) Tennis racquets of famous players.
(d) Stereo equipment and a big screen TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myron claim is the difference between him and the big agencies when talking to the Cranes?
2. What tone does Bradley Cross use with Myron when they meet to discuss Alexander?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what do Myron and Win hear that make them go running?
4. What does Courter tell Myron about Cross' killers?
5. What message does Esperanza go to the police station to deliver to Myron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the opening scene of the novel take place and why?
2. What transpires at Valerie's home in Philadelphia when Myron goes to speak with Valerie's mother?
3. What transpires between Myron and Dimonte after Myron finishes speaking with Roger at the precinct?
4. What happens with the contract for Sandy Repo? What does Myron's handling of it tell the reader about his character?
5. What information does Myron discover about Curtis Yeller in the newspaper clippings that contradicts what his mother told Myron? What does Myron think about the contradiction?
6. What occurs between Win and Myron as the two work out at Master Kwon's?
7. From Chapter 13-18, what questions about the murder have not yet been been answered?
8. What is the relationship like between Jessica and Myron?
9. What kind of a character is Win? What is his education? His profession? His financial standing? His attitude?
10. What transpires at the dinner meeting between Myron and a possible client, Eddie?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)