|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Myron and Win at the opening of the novel?
(a) At the French Open.
(b) At the U.S. Open.
(c) At Wimbledon.
(d) At the Australian Open.
2. Who is waiting for Myron when he arrives back in his office after the incident at the stadium?
(a) The district attorney.
(b) The Adidas spokesperson.
(c) The police.
(d) The Nike spokesperson.
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what do Myron and Win hear that make them go running?
(a) A car backfiring.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) A scream.
4. Why is Gregory Caufield nice to Myron on the phone when Myron calls to set up an appointment?
(a) Gregory is curious about Myron's investigation.
(b) Gregory would like to work for Myron.
(c) Gregory is setting up a meeting for someone else.
(d) Gregory has not seen Myron in years.
5. Where does Deanna Yeller now live?
(a) In the Jersey suburbs.
(b) On Long Island.
(c) In New York City.
(d) In Philadelphia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Valerie's mother, Helen, marry Kenneth?
2. What does Coben compare the players to when they enter the court?
3. What TV character does Myron compare Pavel's body-guard to?
4. With whom does Myron live?
5. What does Myron go to Pavel to discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs between Myron and Jessica in the chapter that he plays basketball with the neighborhood kids?
2. How does Duane behave while being questioned by Detective Roland and what is the reason for the interrogation?
3. What information does Myron discover about Curtis Yeller in the newspaper clippings that contradicts what his mother told Myron? What does Myron think about the contradiction?
4. What transpires between Myron and Dimonte after Myron finishes speaking with Roger at the precinct?
5. What MB Sports Reps business do Esperanza and Myron discuss right before he goes to see Valerie's shrink?
6. What occurs between Aaron and Myron in the car?
7. After Win locates the men and the Cadillac that followed Myron, what do Myron and Win do?
8. Who is Pavel? What is his connection to Valerie? What kind of a character is he?
9. What plans do Myron and Win make about the investigation.
10. From Chapter 13-18, what questions about the murder have not yet been been answered?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)