|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two uniformed police officers come to Myron's home for?
(a) To take him to the precinct to book him.
(b) To question him about Bradley Cross.
(c) To question him about Roger.
(d) To take him to the precinct to talk to Roger.
2. What question does Deanna Yeller ask Myron about her deceased son, Curtis?
(a) Can Myron clear his name.
(b) Can Myron bring him back from the dead.
(c) Can Myron find his murderer.
(d) Can Myron get the cop who shot him in trouble.
3. What is Detective Roland's appearance like as Myron meets up with him at Duane's?
(a) He is in uniform.
(b) He has a suit on.
(c) Sloppy in un-ironed shirt and slacks.
(d) He is dressed like a cowboy.
4. Where does Myron find the two men who followed him in the powder-blue Cadillac?
(a) In a strip bar.
(b) On the street where Myron parked.
(c) At his office parking lot.
(d) Outside of Duane's house.
5. How did the shooter kill Valerie?
(a) At close range through a tennis bag.
(b) From a tier up above.
(c) At close range through a handbag.
(d) From behind a column.
6. What kind of restaurant does Courter make Myron take him to?
(a) A dive diner.
(b) A hot dog stand.
(c) A fast food joint.
(d) An exclusive restaurant.
7. What does Bradley Cross tell Myron about Alexander that few people know?
(a) He was taking drugs.
(b) Alexander was not killed at the club.
(c) He was homosexual.
(d) He was robbing the club with Eroll and Curtis.
8. How does Ned Tunwell know Valerie?
(a) They were once lovers.
(b) They both applied for the same job.
(c) They played tennis together.
(d) They worked together.
9. Who did Myron meet on the way into Valerie's family home?
(c) Detective Dimonte.
10. Why does Bradley Cross give Myron a check for a hundred dollars?
(a) To bribe him.
(b) To test his loyalty.
(c) To reimburse him for gas.
(d) As a retainer for attorney-client privilege.
11. What happened to Alexander Cross?
(a) He was told he could not marry Valerie, so he disappeared.
(b) He was killed by robbers.
(c) He got his father, the senator, in trouble.
(d) He was killed in a car accident.
12. Where does Wanda find Myron to speak with him about Duane the second time?
(a) At a dojang.
(b) At a dojo.
(c) At his office.
(d) At home.
13. What did Roger have to do to get Valerie into the US Open?
(a) Steal someone's ticket.
(b) Give her his ticket.
(c) Plead with a guard.
(d) Scalp a ticket.
14. When one enters the courtyard of Dr. Abramson's building, what does one cross over?
(a) A fountain.
(b) The location where Ronald Reagan was shot.
(c) The spot John Lennon was gunned down.
(d) A bridge.
15. What does Myron want Courter to do for him?
(a) Get a hold of the Cross case.
(b) Find out who is in the powder blue Cadillac.
(c) Find out Valerie's past crimes.
(d) Give him information about Valerie's case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alexander Cross murdered?
2. When did Valerie's mother, Helen, marry Kenneth?
3. What TV character does Myron compare Pavel's body-guard to?
4. After talking with Myron about Valerie's phone call, what does Duane want to eat?
5. What does Dr. Abramson keep repeating to Myron during their session?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)