|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What TV character does Myron compare Pavel's body-guard to?
(a) Mr. T.
(d) Jack Lord.
2. How did the shooter kill Valerie?
(a) At close range through a tennis bag.
(b) From behind a column.
(c) At close range through a handbag.
(d) From a tier up above.
3. Where does Wanda find Myron to speak with him about Duane the second time?
(a) At a dojo.
(b) At home.
(c) At his office.
(d) At a dojang.
4. Who did Myron meet on the way into Valerie's family home?
(c) Detective Dimonte.
5. What does Bradley Cross tell Myron that Eroll and Curtis were doing at the club on the night of the murder?
(a) They were there to sell drugs.
(b) They were there to buy drugs.
(c) They were never there.
(d) They stole tennis racquets and balls.
6. After talking with Myron about Valerie's phone call, what does Duane want to eat?
(a) Pepperoni pizza with extra cheese.
(b) Loaded fries.
(c) Cheese steaks.
7. What does Myron suggest to Dr. Abramson about Valerie's death?
(a) Valerie may have been silenced for something she wanted to say.
(b) Dr. Abramson knows the reason behind Valerie's murder.
(c) Valerie's family may have something to do with the murder.
(d) There was no way Roger Quincy committed the murder.
8. What did Roger have to do to get Valerie into the US Open?
(a) Scalp a ticket.
(b) Give her his ticket.
(c) Plead with a guard.
(d) Steal someone's ticket.
9. What happened to Alexander Cross?
(a) He was killed by robbers.
(b) He was killed in a car accident.
(c) He got his father, the senator, in trouble.
(d) He was told he could not marry Valerie, so he disappeared.
10. Who is Roger Quincy?
(a) Valerie's lover.
(b) Valerie's half-brother.
(c) Valerie's friend.
(d) Valerie's stalker.
11. What water company does Duane endorse?
(d) True Source.
12. How do Myron and Sheriff Courter know each other?
(a) Courter once arrested Myron.
(b) They went to law school together.
(c) They were on the force together.
(d) They investigated another murder case together.
13. Why does Bradley Cross give Myron a check for a hundred dollars?
(a) To bribe him.
(b) To test his loyalty.
(c) As a retainer for attorney-client privilege.
(d) To reimburse him for gas.
14. What information does Gerard give Myron concerning Roger Quincy?
(a) He ran and has not returned since.
(b) He is in custody, but denies the murder.
(c) He was at the tennis tournament the day of the murder.
(d) He is in hiding, but the police know where he is.
15. What kind of a car does Myron drive?
(a) A Ford Taurus.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) An SUV.
(d) A Porsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what do Myron and Win hear that make them go running?
2. What does Dr. Abramson keep repeating to Myron during their session?
3. Why did Valerie go to see Myron two days before the incident at the stadium?
4. What famous person was denied the ability to live in the building where Dr. Abramson had her office?
5. Whose sun glasses does Duane wear?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)