|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Wanda find Myron to speak with him about Duane the second time?
(a) At a dojang.
(b) At home.
(c) At his office.
(d) At a dojo.
2. What is in Sandy Repo's contract that upsets Myron enough to call the Astros' manager?
(a) Sandy is not allowed to trade teams for ten years.
(b) Sandy is not allowed to skydive.
(c) Sandy is not allowed to auto race.
(d) Sandy is not allowed to hunt.
3. What happened to Alexander Cross?
(a) He was told he could not marry Valerie, so he disappeared.
(b) He was killed in a car accident.
(c) He was killed by robbers.
(d) He got his father, the senator, in trouble.
4. With whom does Myron live?
(b) His dog.
(d) His parents.
5. What does Dr. Abramson keep repeating to Myron during their session?
(a) " I have no comment."
(b) " I refuse to talk of this matter."
(c) "I don't remember."
(d) "I can neither confirm nor deny that Valerie Simpson was ever a patient of mine."
6. How does Deanna Yeller react to Myron's questions about her deceased son?
7. Why did Valerie go to see Myron two days before the incident at the stadium?
(a) She was looking for money.
(b) She was looking to re-establish her tennis career.
(c) She was looking for a job.
(d) She was looking for a safe place to stay.
8. What does Myron believe about Deanna Yeller and the death of her son?
(a) She knows what happened the night he died.
(b) She never loved her son.
(c) She blocked out the whole event.
(d) Somebody paid her off.
9. What does Win review about the case with Myron while they practice martial arts?
(a) All of the suspects.
(b) All of the motives.
(c) All of the people who want him off of the case.
(d) All of the reasons they continue to investigate.
10. Why does Duane lie to Myron about his phone call from Valerie the day before her murder?
(a) He thought Myron would not believe him.
(b) He was afraid.
(c) He was ashamed.
(d) He did not want Wanda to hear.
11. Why does Roger say that he ran after he saw Valerie dead on the ground?
(a) He had just killed the love of his life.
(b) He knew that he would be blamed.
(c) He was afraid he would be the next to die.
(d) He knew who the murderer was and did not want to tell.
12. According to the novel, what is the difference between street fighting and martial arts?
(a) Martial arts is for the movies only.
(b) Street fighting is complicated.
(c) Martial arts is useless.
(d) Street fighting is more simple.
13. Where does Myron find the two men who followed him in the powder-blue Cadillac?
(a) Outside of Duane's house.
(b) In a strip bar.
(c) At his office parking lot.
(d) On the street where Myron parked.
14. How are Win and Valerie connected?
(a) They lived near each other in the city.
(b) Their families were members of the same club.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They were best friends in elementary school.
15. How does Ned Tunwell know Valerie?
(a) They worked together.
(b) They played tennis together.
(c) They were once lovers.
(d) They both applied for the same job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myron suggest to Dr. Abramson about Valerie's death?
2. What information does Gerard give Myron concerning Roger Quincy?
3. What kind of music do Myron and Win both collect?
4. Where did Myron go to law school?
5. What do Dimonte and Krinsky accuse Myron of?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)