Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue Part 1
1. Describe the opening scene of the Prologue, before Makak and the Corporal enter.
2. What do you learn about Tigre and Souris in the Prologue?
3. What is your first impression of Makak?
4. What role does music play in the Prologue?
5. Do you like the Corporal, based on the information given to you in the Prologue? Why or why not?
6. Was it difficult to get used to the syntax Walcott uses in this play? Why?
This section contains 844 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)