Prologue Part 1
• The book begins by describing a performance onstage, where a drum sits.
• A dancer and a Figure come onstage and dance in time to the music.
• They move toward two cages on either side of the stage, and eventually light up the cages to show Tigre and Souris inside.
• The chorus sings about a mother whose son is in jail.
• The Corporal brings Makak onstage and puts him in a third cage.
• The Corporal jokes that Makak is the king of Africa and pulls out some rum and a mask with long black hair from Makak's belongings.
• He tells a Biblical story of Creationism.
• The Corporal interrogates Makak and Makak tells him he wants to go home, to Monkey Mountain.
• The Corporal gives each man a drink of rum.
• He goes out and returns wearing attorney's robes, and gives Tigre and Souris towels to use as...
This section contains 1,512 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)