|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the second best gitar been made by?
2. What did Master Oldive give to Menolly?
3. Which Master was hard on Menolly?
4. Why was Dunca grumbling about Petiron?
5. What is F'nor's queen fire lizard called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Menolly imagine life in the Harper Hall?
2. What does it mean to 'walk the tables'?
3. Why would the fire lizards eat pretty much any time?
4. Why does Menolly expect that her parents were unappreciative of her music?
5. What are the two possible ways Camo could react to Piemur feeding the fire lizards?
6. How did all the other Masters aside from Master Morshal treat Menolly?
7. What was the positive outcome to Pona's vicious attack on Menolly behind her back?
8. How does Menolly present herself as being possessed of quiet dignity?
9. Why did Menolly find little to criticize in the fire lizards' singing?
10. Why did Menolly wish that she could go between?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Menolly's loyalty to the Masterharper and to Journeyman Sebell manifests itself in chapter eight. In what way does she prove where her loyalties lie? How does her explanation to the events that occurred during the fire lizards Impression put an end to all of the rumors?
Essay Topic 2
DIscuss how Pona facilitated growth in Menolly. Use Menolly's reactions to Pona throughout the novel for how to illustrate an illuminate the growth that Menolly has undergone.
Essay Topic 3
Although Pona is an inept musician, she still has pull within the Harper hall due to her rank. Is rank as important as apprenticeship? Why is it of so little importance to Menolly? For what reason is it so important to Pona?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)